TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

SFMM posted a picture of Viper and the caption "Stay in the LOOP....BIG news this week!". Everybody assumes it's YOLOcoaster (it is) but the best comment so far:

"The second half of YOLOcoaster is going to be announced?" I hope the person is a member of TPR.

Sometimes the internet is full of awesome.

While it IS funny - I do want to say that I hope the person isn't a TPR member... here's why - these kinds of jokes and humor are fine on TPR, because that's what TPR is all about, but I honestly don't think it's appropriate to write that on an official park page.

TPR humor belongs on TPR - Meaning on the website, forum, our FB page, a TPR event, etc.... the same jokes don't always carry over to other places, and it may come off as insulting or obnoxious.

Thanks for hearing me out!

--Robb

In all fairness, he did call the coaster its real name.

SFMM posted a picture of Viper and the caption "Stay in the LOOP....BIG news this week!". Everybody assumes it's YOLOcoaster (it is) but the best comment so far:

"The second half of YOLOcoaster is going to be announced?" I hope the person is a member of TPR.

While it IS funny - I do want to say that I hope the person isn't a TPR member... here's why - these kinds of jokes and humor are fine on TPR, because that's what TPR is all about, but I honestly don't think it's appropriate to write that on an official park page.

TPR humor belongs on TPR - Meaning on the website, forum, our FB page, a TPR event, etc.... the same jokes don't always carry over to other places, and it may come off as insulting or obnoxious.

--Robb

I don't know; I actually find that comment pretty benign in comparison to some of the stuff I've run across on company FB pages. I'm not saying the park will necessarily like it, but then again the Internet would be pretty boring if positive feedback were all that were ever posted!

--Robb

In all fairness, he did call the coaster its real name.

I mean, the part about the second half of the ride being announced, not the name.

I don't know; I actually find that comment pretty benign in comparison to some of the stuff I've run across on company FB pages.

I agree. But I just ask people to "think before they post", that's all. Something that is totally appropriate for this forum, may not be the most appropriate to post somewhere else. TPR has a very quirky sense of humor. Not everyone "gets" our jokes. Just keep that in mind when you post other places.

Edited by robbalvey

I wonder how probable the RMC project for Colossus really is?

I just run into some people from ACE at the park today. They seemed to think it's a done deal. But who knows if they have any better sources they anyone else.

I wonder how probable the RMC project for Colossus really is?

I just run into some people from ACE at the park today. They seemed to think it's a done deal. But who knows if they have any better sources they anyone else.

They don't.

Thought this was a pretty cool concept that never went forward.

Before SIX FLAGS' management turnover in mid-2010, we were in the process of developing a variety of show concepts for the chain's 50th Anniversary Celebration in 2011.

The signature show was to be called the MAIN EVENT, and would be featured at Six Flags' top attended parks.

As shown here, the set was to be comprised entirely of historical relics from each individual park's storage "boneyard", and here we used PIECES FROM LOST ATTRACTIONS at Six Flags Magic Mountain to get across the idea.

Do you recognize any of these elements?

561412_10151500780524333_1225268290_n.jpg

Link

It's too bad that the new management cancelled this and that the 50th anniversary went by pretty much unnoticed.

I'm pretty sure it's completion of the loop. I was at the park yesterday, and they had the top piece all lined up for a good half hour, but then for whatever reason, they decided not to connect it and lowered it back down. My guess is they probably got it done today or will finish it this week, but I don't have any solid info about that.

Yolo2.jpg.50c82463c7d2771ae9aaaedb96482ef9.jpg

Wow, that's a huge loop! I can't wait to see it this Sunday when I head down there! Also agreed, interesting that's its more circular though it is still somewhat elliptical. Going over the top of it should be pretty interesting as well and can imagine some nice graceful airtime and some great tummy tingles going up and over it. I definitely don't see as sudden or intense airtime as S:UF at SFDK but I'm definitely going to have to check this one out this year (WCB?)