TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I am getting of of dissapointed on whats to come after the top hat. looks like right over the top hat and then a break run. hope I am wrong.

Or even a "brake run."

For me, this goof is right up there with confusing "loose" and "lose."

We now return you to the SFMM Discussion Thread, which is already in progress. Hey, how about that YOLO Coaster?

I am getting of of dissapointed on whats to come after the top hat. looks like right over the top hat and then a break run. hope I am wrong.

Or even a "brake run."

For me, this goof is right up there with confusing "loose" and "lose."

We now return you to the SFMM Discussion Thread, which is already in progress. Hey, how about that YOLO Coaster?

Wish they would have more elements after the top hat, but it still looks exciting and like a whole lot of fun. I wonder if after a few years the line could die down and possibly be a walk-on or a minute or two wait. That would be awesome!

Wish they would have more elements after the top hat, but it still looks exciting and like a whole lot of fun. I wonder if after a few years the line could die down and possibly be a walk-on or a minute or two wait. That would be awesome!

Im not that enthused for Full Throttle, but I would hope for SFMM's sake it won't be a minute wait or a walk-on in only a few years!

Im not that enthused for YOLOcoaster, but I would hope for SFMM's sake it won't be a minute wait or a walk-on in only a few years!

Doubt that would happen, everyone loves a launch coaster. Yes the layout is short but it looks like it'll be a really fun ride.

Im not that enthused for YOLOcoaster, but I would hope for SFMM's sake it won't be a minute wait or a walk-on in only a few years!

I don't see that happening as a new roller coaster in my opinion, will draw a crowd for a few years just because it's new. It should be an okay roller coaster and they still have land left on the hill for another roller coaster or a water ride. So it's an okay use of land.

Nope, that is what it does.

I'm taking a "we'll see" attitude because most are going berserk over it, some thing it will suck...really I see it somewhere in the middle but could be a let down if I got too excited.

If there is decent AT over the hill that could make a big difference.

^I'm hoping for an Xcelerator-esque "short but sweet" type of ride. I do think after the top hat the ride had some more room to do whatever, but if it rides well, I'll be happy.

That's how I've been hoping it will turn out. Hopefully it will hold a certain intensity similar to an Intamin Accel, although LSMs are inferior to hydraulic launches. Both Xcelerator and Storm Runner are very short, but still both manage their way into my top 10. This coaster could very well be in the top 3 at SFMM.

Nope, that is what it does.

I'm taking a "we'll see" attitude because most are going berserk over it, some thing it will suck...really I see it somewhere in the middle but could be a let down if I got too excited.

If there is decent AT over the hill that could make a big difference.

I'm also taking the "we'll see" attitude 'cause, although I really like long coasters, I have already misjudged some according to their length. Furius baco was one of them, I wasn't expecting much from a less than 30 second ride but it turned out to be great so I don't really know what to expect from YOLOcoaster. I guess I'll have to wait for some reviews. And I agree that the amount of airtime on the top hat will be crucial for this ride. Right now, I think it looks great.

It was a nice day at the park and the loop is more than halfway finished! And to answer the long question, about half the drop after going over the top hat has been constructed, and there are brakes all the way up that bottom half. Sorry folks, but it looks like there may not be much airtime.

Another thing: DOLW WHIPS ARE BACK!! But now they are in Food, Etc. where Ben and Jerry's was before. Another thing I just saw today for the first time and an unlimited refills wristband now offered if you had bought your souvenir bottle on a pervious date. It costs $3.99 and will get you unlimited refills all day. Great deal if you like soft drinks and you already bought your souvenir bottle.

Now something that I got a huge crack out of. At Lex Luthor at the end of the ride, a ride op was recommending rides for people to go to. And he said "Be sure to check out Colossus and Scream! The parking lot coasters!!!" I can't believe they are trying to advertise them that way!

But anyways it was a good light day at the park!

image.jpg.c20e241b9a4810e6b3cccb0fb3b8a206.jpg

The loop.

And to answer the long question, about half the drop after going over the top hat has been constructed, and there are brakes all the way up that bottom half. Sorry folks, but it looks like there may not be much airtime.

The bottom half isn't what matters when it comes to airtime. I'm still hoping for a little pop of air.

Nonetheless, thanks for the update!

Edit- Sorry chickenbowl, I didn't see your post. You beat me to it!

The ride looks like itd be more fun if it ran the other direction.

(The brake run being the launch run and so on)

I was actually just thinking that it looked like it might be a bit more interesting to be going the other way.

YOLO 2: Reverse Blast, new for 2015.

The ride looks like itd be more fun if it ran the other direction.

(The brake run being the launch run and so on)

I was actually just thinking that it looked like it might be a bit more interesting to be going the other way.

It actually does seem a bit more interesting of an experience. The loop as the finish would be exhilarating to say the least.

The bottom half isn't what matters when it comes to airtime.

It does if you're talking about lessening the sustained airtime. Just look at Kingda Ka's speed hill that has brakes on it.

Ka's speed hill is terribly drawn out and has brakes that start just after the peak of the hill, and get stronger well before the hill hits its steepest point and starts to level out. If the brakes on FT don't touch the top half, that's a big difference. If you're already falling back into your seat when the brakes start, then no, you haven't ruined the airtime.