TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

What's with all the YOLOcoaster love? This is The Six Flags Magic Mountian "Dis"cussion Thread. I won't stand for all these positive comments. C'mon guys, can't we all get back to what we were wishing it could have been. Cough... ...Projekt Helix... ...Cough! For that matter, it's Spring Break and insane crowded. Every ride, including Green Lantern only has one train operation. The place probably looks like crap, and smells worse. Line jumpers are in full force, and they still havn't paved the whole place yet.

Guy "Think I might stop by tomorrow for a peek myself. Does anyone know if it will be crowded on Easter Sunday?" Koepp

Oh no, one train op on GL? And it probably still stops at the MCBR!

Even with all this apparent YOLOcoaster love I will point out, it is still too damn short!

Even with all this apparent YOLOcoaster love I will point out, it is still too damn short!

I always wish they were trolling us with the video and would add more elements after the top hat...

But Krake is still short, only longer than Oblivion.

I always wish they were trolling us with the video and would add more elements after the top hat...

Yeah me too, but it should still be fun.

The park was crowded today, but I somehow lucked out and rode Goliath twice, X2, Roaring Rapids, Apocalypse, Riddler, GL, Batman, Gold Rusher, Lex Luthor, Colossus, and Superman by 2 PM. Longest wait being 15 minutes for Superman and that was only because it was broken. EVERY ride was running two trains except Scream (which was running one with two sitting on the transfer). Main lot was full, but I timed it out so that I walked on almost everything! I don't know how I did it! Midways were insane though..

Anyways, here's the part everyone is looking forward to! The Full Throttle Update! All of the photos were taken from the Superman Plaza about an hour ago (sorry no Sky Tower due to time!).

It's so tall!

*Be sure to respond with any questions you may have and message me if you would like higher resolution versions of the photos! Thanks.*

image.thumb.jpg.28636edb0130aafe9dcfc809d679a18a.jpg

160' of awesomeness.

image.thumb.jpg.a6c6f8b26544907d65476ecc5845b711.jpg

Basically the same photo.

image.thumb.jpg.3f90df602adc9394bd6c824d314c2840.jpg

Zoom on the top hat. This looks sick.

image.thumb.jpg.4b807cfe44b7a6ea7aeb87d5b031de86.jpg

This one didn't focus well... But lower on the loop.

image.thumb.jpg.28c96147c40318ce4cad4ed1b97eca1c.jpg

Overview of the area from where the track comes over the plaza (the other photos were taken further to the left of this one near Superman's exit)

image.thumb.jpg.44776d1c9cbcc6fe1bd139af50fe3030.jpg

And last... The photo we have all seen! It's just so photogenic.

I was also at the park today. The Goliath ERT was pretty awesome. I only ended up taking one ride but I rode Goliath, Colossus, Green Lantern, Batman and Gold Rusher all before 11am. Was also cool that the Gold passholders still got to go past Food Etc. at 10:20am. All the other passholders had to stay back by Goliath.

I ran into Neil outside Goliath and chatted for a bit. He said they are going to be doing more of these ERT mornings before Memorial Day. Look forward to that for sure.

One other note, Green Lantern. Fuck that ride. No flip at the end and instead it slammed my chest really hard into the restraint because I was laying forward. I was seriously seeing stars. Ride Op must have thought I looked bad too because he asked me if I needed First Aid. Never again.

With GL it's really all relative. Some rides are easy as pie and you might get no flips maybe one, other times you can get at least 2 flips and your butt returned to you at the station and anything in between is possible. I'm sure it's majorly dependent on the weight distribution of passengers on the loaded cars, and usually the ride ops are pretty good about loading it so it provides the smoothest rides possible, but nobodies perfect as you know.

^Doesn't really matter. Just get there before opening and run when you get in to X2 or Tatsu (choose one, crowds will catch up if you do both). And then ride all the coasters clockwise around the park then hit either X2 or Tatsu (the one that you missed earlier) at the end of the day and just wait it out. It will pay off. Believe me.

I was also at the park today. The Goliath ERT was pretty awesome. I only ended up taking one ride but I rode Goliath, Colossus, Green Lantern, Batman and Gold Rusher all before 11am. Was also cool that the Gold passholders still got to go past Food Etc. at 10:20am. All the other passholders had to stay back by Goliath.

I ran into Neil outside Goliath and chatted for a bit. He said they are going to be doing more of these ERT mornings before Memorial Day. Look forward to that for sure.

One other note, Green Lantern. fudge that ride. No flip at the end and instead it slammed my chest really hard into the restraint because I was laying forward. I was seriously seeing stars. Ride Op must have thought I looked bad too because he asked me if I needed First Aid. Never again.

Sounds like a pretty good day! Yeah, I don't know what it is with Green Lantern, the first two times I rode it, it was awesome, but after that I had a ride like you just mentioned and I have never been in more pain on a roller coaster.

How's America's only ZacSpin, Green Lantern holding up? I don't hear about that ride much. Very much looking forward to getting out to West Coast bash soon!

You don't hear about it because it is awful.

I rode GL today as well. It was smooth! Even the guy next to me said "The G's are strong but the ride is smooth as glass!" I seriously don't know why people say it is so rough. I would just call it "intense".

I was on the side that faces Superman. There was one person on the opposite side of me facing towards Batman. I outweighed him by a bit. We didn't flip once, kind of went upside down on the last turn but instead it just slammed me into the restraint.

If they ran it the way it was supposed to be run this wouldn't have happened.

I rode GL today as well. It was smooth! Even the guy next to me said "The G's are strong but the ride is smooth as glass!" I seriously don't know why people say it is so rough. I would just call it "intense".

Because if it doesn't flip (like it was designed to do) it is EXTREMELY uncomfortable.

If they ran it the way it was supposed to be run this wouldn't have happened.

I'm curious about this - how is it supposed to be run? Could someone elaborate? What could they be doing to even screw up a seemingly simple concept?

SFMM added weights to the car to prevent it from flipping so much.

^ POV starts at about the 1:10 mark. Go to the 3:15 mark for the totally balls to the wall flipping which you will NEVER get on GL:FF.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Unfortunately I hear that one has been neutered as well. Looks like I'll never ride one of these as they were intended.

I've heard GL sucks. Haven't really read any good reports on that ride. I aslo heard at one point that SFOT was getting a clone of GL. I hope this is not the case, which I don't think so anymore due to all the negative comments on the ride . It looks cool, but I could see how it could be rough and jerky in some parks. Plus its not long at all.