TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I don't know if SFMM said anything but what will be the minimum and maximum height restriction on Full Throttle? Also, I think this ride will be very intense (regarding that they don't put trims after the big loop). Also, I'm looking forward to the top hat with the track on top of track sort of thing.

^The minimum height requirement will probably be around 54'' which is the minimum height requirement for Superman Ultimate Flight as for the maximum height requirement somewhere around 78'', could be higher or lower though.

I think the Maximum height will be pretty low on Yolo considering the clearance into the tunnel. It seems pretty tight fit to me

Does that article mean Tim Burkhart will no longer be at Magic Mountain if he oversees all 6 Flags parks? Will he move to Dallas (corporate) like Jay Thomas? I personally never had much interaction with him, although I've seen him more at the park than the "Ice Queen."

Wow! This is page 3000 of this thread!

And I've heard that the park is absolutely swamped today. 2 hour+ waits for X2, Tatsu, and others. Roaring Rapids queue is almost full. I wouldn't want to be there right now. I gonna try to get down there Wednesday or Thursday late afternoon-night.

Some many facts were wrong in the Tim Burkhart article. Tatsu isn't the longest steel coaster at the park for one.

3,000 pages consist of:

40% Complaining about park

30% Complaining about Scream's theme

20% Revolution's restraints debates

10% Other complaints

5% Park Improvements

5% New rides announcements/discussion/photo updates/media day reports

and above all: 100% YOLO

Edited by simaticable

A few months ago, he was promoted from director of maintenance and construction for Six Flags Magic Mountain to overseeing maintenance and construction at all Six Flags parks.

"I walk through this park and I look at all this iron standing in the air, and I think, 'I put it up,'" he said.

This sums up perfectly why Tim is such a polarizing figure. Everything is always about him, instead of all the guys working their A$$ off so "his" rides can actually operate.

Thanks for that, I had earlier questioned his rep and this article (specifically the 'I did this' and 'my' aspect you mentioned) really snapped into focus 'who' he is.

To me, it just sounds like he's lost any sort of perspective, and I'd undoubtedly be less than coll with the way he alms if I had worked at the park for any amount of time. As a leader, asking claim to all of the stuff the YOU've done is certainly not a great example to set...perhaps crap like that leads to some of the issues around the park over 'his' reign?

That shot just made me waste one bottle of lotion and two tissue boxes. Thanks

In other news, I HAVE A QUESTION!!!

My friends and I are thinking ofvisiting the park either Wednesday or Thursday, what type of crowd should we expect since Spring Break is in session, and should I go early in the morning to process my pass? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

My friends and I are thinking ofvisiting the park either Wednesday or Thursday, what type of crowd should we expect since Spring Break is in session, and should I go early in the morning to process my pass? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I don't go to SFMM on weekdays since I live two hours away, but for the season pass processing line, I wouldn't worry about it. The pass processing line usually doesn't go over 20 minutes in wait at this time of year.