TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Is it just me or is this ride beginning to look more and more like something you would create in RCT? That piece over the Superman pad is such an eyesore. I still love this park, but this coaster is just pathetic and I am so sad to see that mountain terrain go to such a waste. Sad.

#IWantMyMaverickOfTheWest

^I respectfully disagree. I think the pieces over the Superman plaza is pretty cool and looks OK.

The only gripe I have with this ride is the short layout. Other than that it looks like a pretty good coaster, despite what park it is in.

Is it just me or is this ride beginning to look more and more like something you would create in RCT? That piece over the Superman pad is such an eyesore. I still love this park, but this coaster is just pathetic and I am so sad to see that mountain terrain go to such a waste. Sad.

Wow, I think this is the first post of somebody not liking the way it looks. I actually was thinking that element was making everybody like the ride more. Go figure.

I agree, it's wild to think that a nice looking coaster interacting with a "midway/ride plaza" would be deemed ugly...on an enthusiast site! I think it looks great...and I think the color helps. I could imagine thinking less of it if it was neon green or purple, but the color looks nice and clean and the immediacy of the dive over the edge/INTO the hillside tunnel = COOL.

Great point about the Laughing Dragon - this does seem like the perfect excuse to breath some life back into the building! I know it'd never happen (for many reasons), but how cool would it be to glass floor that looked down on to the track? In any case, as-is it seems like a great time to get that location back up and running...for sure. Heck, the first theme park location of http://www.HowDoYouRoll.com would be a good move for that portion of the park!

SFMM: worlds only Meme Park where you and your bro can go cray cray. Yolo...go visit it now; everyone should have time for dat!

Ok now I'm officially ruined...

What does meme and cray cray mean? I already know what Y L means.

^ A meme is an internet trend of sorts. You'll notice that TPR does meme contests now. Examples include Grumpy Cat, Bad Luck Brian, Good Guy Greg, ect.

Cray Cray, adj - Another word for Crazy.

"That shit cray, ain't it Jay? What she order? Fish fillet."

I disagree and think it makes the ride a bit cooler but I do agree about the quoted part.

I KNOW I KNOW. Shame on me for believing a Six Flags rumor, and it didn't seem realistic to have a record breaking terrain epic...but still I am a bit let down by what this ride ended up as.

Again, my fault but when I heard "multi launch terrain coaster" while it's accurate, I wanted to much more.

^I respectfully agree with your respectful disagreement! Wait! No! The other way around. No! If I agree with your statement about the previous statement then... ...OK! I'm good! Nevermind. Continue on. Magic Mountain, blah, blah, blah.

Edited by Tmcdllr

I've seen Full Throttle track with my own eyes and it looks amazing. It adds to the Superman plaza and it makes it much more interesting.

I find it interesting how premier is switching between their new style track and ties (similar to intamin double spine) and their old track and ties (seen on FOF and Mr. Freeze. I saw the same thing on a couple spots on S:UF. Personally I dont mind because I always found the track on their classic rides to be really nice looking. Does anyone understand what I'm talking about? Any theories?
Intermountain Lift, Inc., Premier Ride's Upright and Track Fabricator, has been building dual pipe spines since Speed: The Ride was fabricated in 1999/2000, so it's not really "new".

rcdb.com/593.htm?p=4336

-Sid

I knew that they used the double spine before, but I was more referencing the random changes between the triangular ties with the bar connecting the rails, and the traditional flat ties.

like this-

Superman-Ultimate-Flight-upside-down-twist-original.jpg?1341005464

vs this-

I feel like it would be so much more tedious to place 3 bars connecting the rails than one flat piece. It just strange that they dont commit fully to either tie..

Laughing Dragon is actually pretty nice inside. They use it for special events and it was used for the Fright Feast last year.

I think they should open it up again. I was surprised when they didn't open it when Superman was redone.

From what you can see in the Sky Tower, it looks like it could use a new roof though.