TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Maybe they'll have a show in the new YOLO Land where we do a harlem shake and the gangham style dance?

Throw in the Curly Shuffle and the Batusi, and you have a winner!

Has it become some sort of official rule on this thread to include the phrase "YOLO" every other post?

If so, carry on. I actually sort of want to see SFMM take note of this just to see their reaction.

In all seriousness, I actually really like the way this ride is turning out so far. Too bad it's so short time wise; this ride could have taken the time to intertwine with Goldrusher or something cool like that.

I guess it's still their decision, though.

Maybe they'll have a show in the new YOLO Land where we do a harlem shake and the gangham style dance?

You're dating yourself Chuck! The fact I know what you are talking about doesn't say much for me either. Thanks for making me think of Adam West.

If I recall, Tatsu had a mid-May opening. Yes, the mechanics of this ride may be somewhat different, perhaps more complex, but at the same time, it's not something that much more advanced than a typical roller coaster. With the current progress, I'd expect it to be open by May

Yeah 5/13/06. I pulled up the video of the construction (Tatsu's whole construction was on a discovery channel show) and steel construction was finished in mid April, and Tatsu had a bit more testing than a typical coaster (5 weeks..although I wouldnt be surprised if the launching with this coaster might take a similar time to work out), based on that I wouldn't think it unreasonable to have an early May opening for YC.

From urban dictionary:

YOLO-Coaster

1. The array of positive emotions experienced while one is performing acts only justifiable by the lifestyle choice described by the phrase "You Only Live Once (YOLO)".

2. A constant chain of YOLO-style acts. Normally results in legal punishment of some kind.

(After getting arrested) "Dude, we just got off the YOLO-Coaster. Damnit."

And when are we getting that official theme song by some random band from Oz? Can't wait

I find it interesting how premier is switching between their new style track and ties (similar to intamin double spine) and their old track and ties (seen on FOF and Mr. Freeze. I saw the same thing on a couple spots on S:UF. Personally I dont mind because I always found the track on their classic rides to be really nice looking. Does anyone understand what I'm talking about? Any theories?

Different forces require different style track. It's pretty similar to how Intamin uses box, triangle and rail only track on their older style rides like MF. Why spend the extra money on the steel in low force areas when it's not needed?

I find it interesting how premier is switching between their new style track and ties (similar to intamin double spine) and their old track and ties (seen on FOF and Mr. Freeze. I saw the same thing on a couple spots on S:UF. Personally I dont mind because I always found the track on their classic rides to be really nice looking. Does anyone understand what I'm talking about? Any theories?

They are also using the flat track inside the tunnel due to clearance issues.

They are also using the flat track inside the tunnel due to clearance issues.

Premier uses that type of track for all its launch sections on their newer coasters. The only exception being SUF where it has some LSMs on the track with the spine going up the first tower. There's low vertical g's in these areas so there's no need for beefy track.

http://rcdb.com/8612.htm?p=28105

http://rcdb.com/9551.htm?p=39895

http://rcdb.com/10139.htm?p=39988

I had to catch myself yesterday when my neighbor was telling me about FT. I almost said 'Oh, YOLOcoaster!' But caught myself as she wouldn't have understood. I had to think for a second as well before I told her about Full Throttle

I had to do the exact same thing when my friends were talking about it!

You're dating yourself Chuck! The fact I know what you are talking about doesn't say much for me either. Thanks for making me think of Adam West.

Now you can think of Cesar Romero!

As for YOLO, I like what I'm seeing so far--the world needs more Premier launched coasters.

Edited by cfc

I feel the need to apologize for my joke, at Joey's expense, that no one seemed to get. Sorry Joey.

If it was the other Joey, If it was me,

Cray Cray is definitely a good one for the next coaster.

I feel the need to apologize for my joke, at Joey's expense, that no one seemed to get. Sorry Joey.

I got it, but I am here way more often than I should be!

Anyway, with a roller coaster launching out of the tunnel right underneath the Laughing Dragon Pizza Company, I would love to see this venue open back up again. Should be a really cool unique view of the ride, and there should be more traffic up there now with 'new' Superman and now the YOLO track going over Superman Plaza.

Intermountain Lift, Inc., Premier Ride's Upright and Track Fabricator, has been building dual pipe spines since Speed: The Ride was fabricated in 1999/2000, so it's not really "new".

rcdb.com/593.htm?p=4336

-Sid

Edited by linearinduction

I had to catch myself yesterday when my neighbor was telling me about FT. I almost said 'Oh, YOLOcoaster!' But caught myself as she wouldn't have understood. I had to think for a second as well before I told her about Full Throttle

I had to do the exact same thing when my friends were talking about it!

Honestly, I think we should all agree only to ever acknowledge this ride as ever being YOLOcoaster. And if any one (GP) calls it by its non-kosher name, you just pretend like they did. They'll catch on eventually!