TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm going to say it will be open sometime in June.

of 2014?

I don't understand why people assume it will necessarily take long to open. If I recall, Tatsu had a mid-May opening. Yes, the mechanics of this ride may be somewhat different, perhaps more complex, but at the same time, it's not something that much more advanced than a typical roller coaster. With the current progress, I'd expect it to be open by May

Great update! I really like how it's coming along. I can't wait to ride a YOLO coaster, and then eat some Come At Me Bro chips! I wonder what severely dated phrase they are going to use next! Maybe a Living La Vida Loca ride, or a OMG Chicken Basket!

I can't wait to ride a YOLO coaster, and then eat some Come At Me Bro chips!

LMAO! Just listen to how ridiculous that all sounds. And it's not like we are making this stuff up either! Seriously, they might as well just embrace it. YOLOwings and YOLOfries. And sell YOLOswag in the gift shop!

I like the idea of doing a contest to help SFMM's marketing come up with more clever names for their YOLO lifestyle products!

Now, I would really love to see Premier build a "real" multi launcher (not one with an average of 15 seconds between each launch), to see how it would stack up against Mack, Zierer, and Intamin installations. I think they could make a very excellent product, but sadly, the client request did not allow for their full potential.

You do realize that coaster manufacturers like Premier design rides based on the customer's needs, right? They're going to build whatever the customer is willing to pay for and that's that. If Six Flags was only willing to pay for what they got with Full Throttle, Premier isn't going to come back and say "nah we'll add another 2000 feet of track free of charge" just so they can satisfy the coaster enthusiasts of America. Sure, if a park is willing to pay the right kind of money, then maybe we'll see that "real" multi-launcher that you speak of. But this is a business and as cliche as it sounds, you get what you pay for. Although I really don't think Full Throttle's as small as everyone is making it out to be.

You do realize that coaster manufacturers like Premier design rides based on the customer's needs, right? They're going to build whatever the customer is willing to pay for and that's that.

Of course he realizes it. You even quoted the part where he said he realizes it:

I think they could make a very excellent product, but sadly, the client request did not allow for their full potential.

Please try to READ someone's full post before you respond being rude to them.

^ I hear that ride will pull 3000 gs, be heavily themed, run 50 trains with 5 second dispatch intervals, use buzz bars as the only restraint, and be FILLED with extreme ejector airtime and mind-boggling inversions and other crazy track elements. It'll also get rough as hell and need retracking in its first month of operation. Cray cray!

Although I really don't think YOLOcoaster's as small as everyone is making it out to be.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Since when was 'average' being the first coaster of its kind to have two pieces of track stacked on top of one another? And while it may be 'average' in the sense of the number of elements it has, it is still a very unique ride that you can't find anywhere else. I mean really guys, SFMM puts in a new coaster essentially every year or every other year at the very least. Usually the parks that get the large Gatekeeper-esque coasters with the hefty $25 million pricetags are ones that go 4-5 seasons or more without a new major attraction. Fortunately for the folks who visit SFMM, they never have to go more than a season or two without a new ride. Unfortunately that means the rides they do get every year don't come anywhere near $25 million.

And let's be honest, this is exactly what people said about SUF before it opened. But once people actually rode it, they saw how awesome of a ride it really was for as small as it is.

^ Track being built on top of each other is definitely a unique engineering feat, but does not in any shape add to the ride experience, just the overall outward appearance. YOLO!

Also, put my name on the list for parks that receive ONE GREAT coaster every 4 - 5 years vs 1 decent but forgettable coaster every other year.

While some of you coaster ho's may YOLO out and say it's all about quantity, I prefer my experience to be filled with quality. I mean after all YOLO and started from the bottom now we here, dats the *poop* I dont like, other cliche pop culture rap expressions I can throw into this with out any regard to its relevancy.

Although I really don't think YOLOcoaster's as small as everyone is making it out to be.

Since when was 'average' being the first coaster of its kind to have two pieces of track stacked on top of one another? And while it may be 'average' in the sense of the number of elements it has, it is still a very unique ride that you can't find anywhere else. I mean really guys, SFMM puts in a new coaster essentially every year or every other year at the very least. Usually the parks that get the large Gatekeeper-esque coasters with the hefty $25 million pricetags are ones that go 4-5 seasons or more without a new major attraction. Fortunately for the folks who visit SFMM, they never have to go more than a season or two without a new ride. Unfortunately that means the rides they do get every year don't come anywhere near $25 million.

And let's be honest, this is exactly what people said about SUF before it opened. But once people actually rode it, they saw how awesome of a ride it really was for as small as it is.

Launch,

Loop

Twist twist

Dive

Stop

Launch launch

Hill

Stop

....could easily be considered average.

And let's be honest, you're only posting to argue with people.

Stop.

No complaints from me. Put me on the list of the park which gets a cool 'xtreme' coaster every other year. I don't mind the rides which are short, cause they usually pack a punch, and quite frankly my stomach and head probably wouldn't be able to take it if these rides were any longer! And to know Knotts Berry Farm, Disneyland, and Universal Studios are just about an hours away if I want a more relaxed family oriented atmosphere. All is missing is the great airtime giga coaster which seems to elude the West Coast, although hoping it finds its way in the near future at either SFMM or Knotts! But who am I kidding, SFMM all the way...GO BIG!