TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I had no idea it was going to be so close to the pathway! That's really low. I wonder what they're going to have to do in order to ensure the safety of the riders/people on the midway and prevent people from getting too close. Especially right there by the railing on the edge. It really seems like they couldn't leave it like that without some sort of fence/net/wall. Right?

I had no idea it was going to be so close to the pathway! That's really low. I wonder what they're going to have to do in order to ensure the safety of the riders/people on the midway and prevent people from getting too close. Especially right there by the railing on the edge. It really seems like they couldn't leave it like that without some sort of fence/net/wall. Right?

Hey, YOLO! If you get too close, then you die

There are two options here:

1) It's really not that close to the edge and nothing will need to be done

2) The blue fence is going to be moved and even the footer will be on the other side of it

I'm going to the park tomorrow so hopefully the plaza will be open and we can see how close it is to that area. I do think they'll be some kind of netting underneath the track which is kind of sad because it looks very cool.

I could see them not doing netting. They don't do it on Tatsu where it goes over the paths and this maneuver isn't one that is likely to cause lose items to be flung from the train. Maybe they will just leave it as is. Fingers crossed!

Looks really neat. But if I look at the guy It's a close call, It's either you just can reach it or you can't reach it at a hand of. I wonder how they are going to deal with annoying GP, It's the perfect place for misbehave. I mean for us the enthusiast it's just a wonderful part of the ride for pictures, so over the plaza.

Hello everyone,

Never been to this park and will be coming all the way from Baltimore the first week of April. Here at Six Flags America you can not take bags up on the platform for almost all coasters at the park. Does this park have this same policy? I figure it does but I keep hearing rumors the park does not enforce it.

Thank you

Every time I've gone they've enforced the rule pretty intensely. Either pocket everything or bring lots of quarters. Oh and have fun on your first visit!

Thank you Shawn!

I feel like anyone could throw a souvenir item up and hit the track or train. It's probably just the viewpoint of the photograph though.

I feel like anyone could throw a souvenir item up and hit the track or train. It's probably just the viewpoint of the photograph though.

I mean, someone could also do that on Revolution and it's not been an issue since 1976.

I mean, someone could also do that on Revolution and it's not been an issue since 1976.

I agree!

"YOLOCoaster is going to be down all day and possibly longer due to a souvenir item an unruly guest tossed up into the track which caused major damage to the ride"..... LOL!!!

I'm certain the park will do something to keep the coaster safe, as well as the spectators watching it from below. The Cedar Point corkscrew goes right over the midway, and I always felt I could actually touch the track if I jumped up high enough, but I knew I really couldn't. It'll be interesting to see what they'll do, though!

Just catching up to the thread - I'm surprised there was so much talk about Revo and it's noodles with no mention of the "Restore Revolution" page. For what's it worth (and it risk of getting my hand slapped or getting a reply with a horse being hit, after death): https://www.facebook.com/pages/Restore-Revolution/388480361172971

And here is the petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/restore-revolution-roller-coaster-at-six-flags-magic-mountain

I guess signing a petition or liking a page beats complaining and complaining about it? Some mentioned the ride would still suck, even with just lap bars. Revolution was never a high intensity ride, it was always great for kids - and daring grandmas well! If the shoulder bars were gone, I would think they would brake it less (weren't the brakes tightened from headbanging after the shoulder bars were put in?) I believe in them (and I believe in Colossus - think of the Rocky Mountain prospects!)

YOLOcoaster is looking GREAT! How cool that it will go over the Superman walkway, I didn't catch that before. Did Premier work out the knee-clearance issues with those trains?