TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ Yeah, I can tell you with great certainty (as much as I love it), Volcano is not the most popular ride at Kings Dominion. It just appears that way because it always has an insanely long line...due to low capacity.

I think the most exciting part of the ride looks like it might be that climb up the Mountain and then the hairpin into the tunnel. I hope in a few years the trees will grow in and add in an extra thrill.

What is everyone's take on Tim Burkhart? Is he anywhere near as beloved as Jay Thomas?

Considering the high turnover rate with the people in his department (they jump ship for other parks/better companies as quickly as possible), I'm guessing he is not very well liked...

ADMIN EDIT

LINK PULLED DUE TO ILLEGAL POV VIDEOS ON THIS CHANNEL

Nice.. So it seems like it could get completed pretty quickly

It definitely COULD be completed relatively quick, but it is SFMM! Glad to see it finally go vertical, though.

Edited by robbalvey

LOL

So there's more than just an empty dirt space now!

You guys weren't kidding...all the other 2013 rides either complete, or making great progress and here track has finally started to be placed.... oh six flags

I actually like the color scheme, and I didn't in the video. No stupid Magenta or lime mixed with red. Sometimes simple is better.

When did you see Magenta or anything in the video? I've seen a couple people say they were surprised it was white track/black supports and not other colors, and i'm pretty sure it looked white to me in the promo videos.

Did the Gatekeeper crew head to SFMM? Looking good!

Honestly, they probably got some of the iRat crew. I remember someone saying before that Six Flags uses the same construction teams across the country for the big stuff, so their projects are stacked in how they're scheduled. Just a thought!

I actually like the color scheme, and I didn't in the video. No stupid Magenta or lime mixed with red. Sometimes simple is better.

When did you see Magenta or anything in the video? I've seen a couple people say they were surprised it was white track/black supports and not other colors, and i'm pretty sure it looked white to me in the promo videos.

I think you're misunderstanding what he's saying...

I think you're misunderstanding what he's saying...

Okay I definitely get it now, sorry. Just disregard, lol.

Edited by Musketeer

You know, ever since YOLOcoaster was announced, people have complained about it for several reasons, but now that vertical construction has started and track has been installed, I think it will be a pretty awesome coaster! Simple yet unique at the same time.

I'm not sure you can really call it "complaining", its more like this:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]