TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

It's been 5 seasons since Maverick was put in. (08, 09, 10, 11, 12).

I dont' think people are saying that YOLOcoaster will be bad, I think it is going to be amazing, just they were hoping for something a little better.

Isn't SFMM marketing slogan now, "GO BIG!!!!" So why didn't they?

When a park gets a new coaster every season, they're not gonna spend 25 million dollars on every attraction. I don't care how much money they bring in attendance wise, that's a terrible financial decision and the primary reason why Six Flags has been under multiple different ownerships in the last decade and every other company hasn't. If I was a yearly visitor of SFMM, I'd be more concerned with the park using that money on cleaning up the park and making it more like SFDK then worrying about how many more feet they could have added onto Full Throttle, but that's just me.

Edited by EastCoastn07

It's been 5 seasons since Maverick was put in. (08, 09, 10, 11, 12).

I dont' think people are saying that YOLOcoaster will be bad, I think it is going to be amazing, just they were hoping for something a little better.

Isn't SFMM marketing slogan now, "GO BIG!!!!" So why didn't they?

When a park gets a new coaster every season, they're not gonna spend 25 million dollars on every attraction. I don't care how much money they bring in attendance wise, that's a terrible financial decision and the primary reason why Six Flags has been under multiple different ownerships in the last decade and every other company hasn't. If I was a yearly visitor of SFMM, I'd be more concerned with the park using that money on cleaning up the park and making it more like SFDK then worrying about how much more feet they could have added onto YOLOcoaster, but that's just me.

I agree because every when I go the park is pretty dirty and gross.

When a park gets a new coaster every season, they're not gonna spend 25 million dollars on every attraction. I don't care how much money they bring in attendance wise, that's a terrible financial decision and the primary reason why Six Flags has been under multiple different ownerships in the last decade and every other company hasn't. If I was a yearly visitor of SFMM, I'd be more concerned with the park using that money on cleaning up the park and making it more like SFDK then worrying about how many more feet they could have added onto YOLOcoaster, but that's just me.

I agree with this. While I always love a new coaster, I would've preferred SFMM take at least a year off to spend on park improvements. Unfortunately with these rumors circulation about Colossus being redone (Don't get me wrong, I would love this!), it doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon.

It might be a bit short and gimmicky, but I'm optimistic that this will give a good ride (however brief that might be). Given the height of the loop and top hat, I imagine the launches will be fairly intense.

Have any pics of the trains appeared yet? Would be awesome if they have lapbar-only restraints.