TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ Riddler is my favorite stand-up too. It has gotten rougher over the past few years, but it is not too bad. It was much smoother in 2008 when I first rode it.

Riddler used to be one of my favorites at the park, but last time I was there a couple months back, my head got absolutely destroyed by the rattle. It was really bad and gave me a big headache, anyone else have this problem lately?

^ Riddler is my favorite stand-up too. It has gotten rougher over the past few years, but it is not too bad. It was much smoother in 2008 when I first rode it.

Riddler used to be one of my favorites at the park, but last time I was there a couple months back, my head got absolutely destroyed by the rattle. It was really bad and gave me a big headache, anyone else have this problem lately?

Isn't this the topic that has been discussed for the last two pages?

Isn't this the topic that has been discussed for the last two pages?

Haha yes it is

Yeah, Riddler has some headbanging, but its not that bad and can be much worse. The only times I got headbanging is on the entry of the MCBR and final brakes.

Honestly I agree with you on that I used to love that ride right when it first opened now it makes it hard to find a sweet seat. I will give them props on the thrill factor only if they fixed the track ever heard of sand Blasting and Powdercoat

Edited by coasteroverdose2012

So there are rumors that Jet Stream is next on the chopping block to be removed. Just a rumor as of now.

What?!?! Where did you hear this from? That would be crazy in my opinion, although admittingly this ride doesn't really get you wet, at least in my experience anyway. Unless maybe they were to replace it with a new water ride? It would be weird having Roaring Rapids as the only option to get wet in the park (meaning within SFMM, not HH) during the summer!

So there are rumors that Jet Stream is next on the chopping block to be removed. Just a rumor as of now.

What?!?! Where did you hear this from? That would be crazy in my opinion, although admittingly this ride doesn't really get you wet, at least in my experience anyway. Unless maybe they were to replace it with a new water ride? It would be weird having Roaring Rapids as the only option to get wet in the park (meaning within SFMM, not HH) during the summer!

I'll just say this now because someone is going to and we might as well get this out of the way.......the long awaited AQUATRAX will finally debut!

I don't buy Jet Stream leaving.

First, that would only leave 2 water rides in a park that regularly hits more than 100 degrees in the summer.

Second, unlike Log Jammer, Jet Stream is very high capacity.

Third, removing Jet Stream wouldn't be anywhere near as easy as removing Log Jammer due to Ninja.

Fourth, building something else in Jet Streams spot would actually require the park to make a unique ride and not just something they can plop down somewhere, again, because of Ninja.

First, that would only leave 2 water rides in a park that regularly hits more than 100 degrees in the summer.

Third, removing Jet Stream wouldn't be anywhere near as easy as removing Log Jammer due to Ninja.

Fourth, building something else in Jet Streams spot would actually require the park to make a unique ride and not just something they can plop down somewhere, again, because of Ninja.

Yeah I agree with this at the moment. Also, in the latest coaster guy update they were asking people whether or not they cared about water rides at the front gate. Hopefully enough people will say yes to convince Magic Mountain to leave it alone.

Well they did get Tastu, and LLDD, so I think they CAN be creative when they want to....

Also this might make sense, if like Log Jammer, they deem Jet Stream to be not worth the upkeep (operating costs). I know that Log Jammer cost a lot to keep up, is that the same for Jet stream (due to it being fairly old?)

Edit: Jet stream was built in 1972, ONE YEAR after Log Jammer, so its seems to be getting up there with age

Edited by bostonlva

Though...they could ditch tidal Wave. That thing barley runs anyways. Haha

Seems like you stay fairly dry on Jet Stream (the past 6 runs I did not get wet), Isn't the point of most water rides to get wet (especially water rides during California summers?)