TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I don't buy Jet Stream leaving.

First, that would only leave 2 water rides in a park that regularly hits more than 100 degrees in the summer.

Second, unlike Log Jammer, Jet Stream is very high capacity.

Third, removing Jet Stream wouldn't be anywhere near as easy as removing Log Jammer due to Ninja.

Fourth, building something else in Jet Streams spot would actually require the park to make a unique ride and not just something they can plop down somewhere, again, because of Ninja.

Makes a lot of sense but doesn't this park do things that don't appear to make sense?

I don't get why parks don't build more flume/rapids rides - for the most part they are capacity monsters and always seem quite popular. And surely SFMM is at the point of diminishing returns from just adding more coasters.

I don't get why parks don't build more flume/rapids rides - for the most part they are capacity monsters and always seem quite popular. And surely SFMM is at the point of diminishing returns from just adding more coasters.

Like I said above, it seems like Jet stream does not get you Wet, which kind of defeats the purpose of a water ride here in the CA heat... I would be all for a new water ride, that could get you fairly wet. It could also be on the block if the ride like log jammer is just costing too much to run?

They went past the point of diminishing returns in terms of coasters a long, long, time ago. Personally, I'm not going to get too bent out of shape if Jet Stream leaves, as long as it's replaced with something better. Oh wait... This is SFMM we're talking about. SAVE TEH JET STRAEM!!!

They seem quite popular because they aren't capacity monsters.

Remove that darn pointless ride, Tidal Wave. The only reason I got wet on that ride is when the boat strangely tilted to the left creating a big wall of water coming at me. Even then, I only got splashed a little. The only thing Tidal Wave does good on is getting people wet on the bridge.

I know it's a running joke with Cedar Point, but seriously...replace Tidal Wave (or Jet Stream) with an Aquatrax.

Dosent Jet stream have a unique layout? So I would think that if it goes, whatever replaces it, wont be a cookie cutter.. Right?

Both Jet Stream and Log Jammer were unique layout wise. Putting an Aquatrax in Jet Stream's area means there's more room for a good layout...Tidal Wave you're more constricted due to Riddler surrounding it. I'm sure Intamin could do something cool either way.

Both Jet Stream and Log Jammer were unique layout wise. Putting an Aquatrax in Jet Stream's area means there's more room for a good layout...Tidal Wave you're more constricted due to Riddler surrounding it. I'm sure Intamin could do something cool either way.

nvm

Edited by bostonlva

The hillside with Jet Stream is definitely ripe for an awesome coaster. Especially given that Jet Stream is another maintenance POS.

Which is why it would not suprise me to see them take it out.... Its a year younger (i think) then Log jammer was.

^^That is exactly why I hope not to see it go. Everyone got their hopes up when Log Jammer was removed, then the park turned around and made the bare minimum use of that land. I could see the same thing happening with Jet Stream. History would just repeat itself.

^Well, some of that land may also go to the new area they are planning to create. Perhaps they'll do more than just repurpose existing building. Jet Stream's area of the park (with an archway that used to signify the entrance to Psyclone Bay) would be perfect for a new coaster/updated themed area.

This thread really does get unbearable sometimes. The park builds a new roller coaster which hasn't even gone vertical yet and we get posts like this one ^^? History repeating itself would be closed rides, trashed landscaping, crumbling infrastructure, deplorable operations etc. The park has made huge strides in improving itself in just the last few years in addition to removing obsolete, unpopular, costly rides replaced with shiny new go-fast machines and that still isn't good enough? When was the last time any of you complainers even rode Jetstream?

^ Six Flags Magic Mountain visitors should move to the Baltimore/Washington DC area and call Six Flags America their home park before they start complaining about a new ride they're getting. I must say, it's pretty funny how spoiled and entitled the visitors of this park are. They get four new coasters in a matter of four years (and 2 in 2011 alone) and they complain because they think Full Throttle is a "bare minimum" use of the space they have available. All I can say is wow, if you don't like the rides you're getting, move to a new area that has a park who puts a new roller coaster in virtually every single season. Oh wait, most parks don't do that. Even the self proclaimed Coaster Capital of the World, Cedar Point, doesn't do that. Hell, SFMM has received FOUR NEW RIDES in the time that Cedar Point got ONE. Cedar Point went 5 seasons without a new coaster and somehow SFMM visitors think they are entitled to a 1000' foot tall aquatrax with 200 inversions. Get out of here.

^^ I hate people bitching about MM. Correction, it's been now 7 years since C.P. put in a new coaster - Maverick. That didn't work for me since I don't like that ride. I don't count Shoot the Rapids as a coaster. The Mountain is my favorite park, and I grew up with C.P.

^^ I hate people bitching about MM. Correction, it's been now 7 years since C.P. put in a new coaster - Maverick. That didn't work for me since I don't like that ride. I don't count Shoot the Rapids as a coaster. The Mountain is my favorite park, and I grew up with C.P.

It's California. Do I need to say anymore?