TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I get so excited when i see a YOLO update, and then i always see the update to be a pile of dirt moved. But hey, i give credit to the construction workers on YOLO because they have to work in such harsh cold, snowy weather.

Actually, it can/does get below freezing in Valencia.

I was at "The Mountain" today for a really nice day. It's about time it quit raining out here. I recommend riding GoldRusher to get a good view of YOLO. Finally, Goldrusher was open today, but only 1 train. I'm surprised several footers were poured with the lousy weather week we just had, some progress was made since I was there last Sunday!

Today wasn't busy at all (1 1/4 parking lots). I was there from open (10:20 with gold pass) to close, and got 42 rides during that period. Only Superman (because of recent rains) and Orient Express were closed. This will probably be my last trip to "The Mountain" for sometime, and I'll miss it. I'm heading back to the east coast tomorrow. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

I get so excited when i see a YOLO update, and then i always see the update to be a pile of dirt moved. But hey, i give credit to the construction workers on YOLO because they have to work in such harsh cold, snowy weather.

I think you forgot something: the following

Possibly reaching freezing temperatures is not harsh weather, cold nor snowy weather.

Edited by larrygator

Yes, I do realize that this is the SFMM thread and not the KBF thread, but I couldn't help but point out that even Knott's has jumped on the YOLOtrain (or YOLOcoaster, if you will)!

Photo credit goes to Knott's Network on facebook:

484682_526181467433587_651391556_n.jpg

We've had a pretty warm winter thus far, actually. It's normal for the temperature to drop into the mid-high 20s overnight and into the morning during the winter months. The worst that usually happens, though, is the morning dew becomes the morning frost/ice. No biggie.

However there was that time 2 years ago when it was that cold but then a winter storm came through on top of it and it actually snowed here. You'll all remember Robb's photos of that since the Alveys still lived here at the time.

While snow might be rare, at or below freezing temp's in the overnight/morning hours are common. However it still warms up into the 60s during the day. We have nothing to complain about compared to most all points northeast of here.

yes YOLOcoaster is unique roller coaster and i hope be some air time on it but no six flags magic mountain find a way to kill any air time on roller coasters at six flags magic mountain

I am trying to make sense of this statement. Are you saying that The World's Only Coaster With a Top Hat will not have any airtime?

^^I don't think SFMM invented the "top hat."

^I feel like I've seen that video before... Maybe on the page before this one?

Excited for the next YOLOcoaster update!

Doubt it, it only went up yesterday. If you saw it yesterday on this page, I'm sure you would remember it. lol *looks at page 2908*

^^I don't think SFMM invented the "top hat."

^I feel like I've seen that video before... Maybe on the page before this one?

Excited for the next YOLOcoaster update!

Doubt it, it only went up yesterday. If you saw it yesterday on this page, I'm sure you would remember it. lol *looks at page 2908*

I guess my sarcasm was missed. I was trying to point out that the same video was posted near the bottom of page 2908.

I am trying to make sense of this statement. Are you saying that The World's Only Coaster With a Top Hat will not have any airtime?
yes YOLOcoaster is unique roller coaster and i hope be some air time on it but no six flags magic mountain find a way to kill any air time on roller coasters at six flags magic mountain

yes six flags magic mountain add trim brakes on top hat to kill air time