TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Listen to Robb. Front Row, inside seat on X2 is a pretty awesome. You go any further back than row 3 and it sucks.

I'll need to try Mr. Alvey's suggestion. I don't even ride X2 anymore. I'm a lightweight and always end up on the outside in the middle or towards the back. I've not been near the front and on the inside. My experience on X2 hasn't been pleasant. It's one of 2 rides at the mountain that I don't do. The other one is the "Grunt Lantern." Too painful...

Wow thanks guys, advice definitely welcomed. Especially since I most likely would've tried to take an outside row.

Psyched to finally see CA and SFMM! Now just 7 months of saving $$

Yeah, Green Lantern looks fun but also like it may be torture...and I have to ride Viper...so I may just bring some advil with me in advance.

Never been to Magic Mountain, but why is being light-weight make X2 less enjoyable? Does it contribute to vibrations/roughness?

The back rows tend to 'beat you up' - your legs will flail in the air.

It's fun regardless, but definitely more enjoyable toward the front.

Luckily on one day, I rode X2 3 times. 1st time was in the back row outside seat and had fast spinning. 2nd time was in the 3rd row inside seat which was enjoyable. My 3rd ride was the most enjoyable and that was 1st row inside seat.

Note: Both sides of the train are equally enjoyable (I don't really care about the inside or outside seat...just my opinion)

Luckily on one day, I rode X2 3 times. 1st time was in the back row outside seat and had fast spinning.

The spinning is the same in all seats - it's 'controlled'. There is an extra part of the track that controls when the seats spin.

Unless you're talking about Green Lantern - that is 'free' spinning. But they seem to try to balance every train to limit this.

Luckily on one day, I rode X2 3 times. 1st time was in the back row outside seat and had fast spinning.

The spinning is the same in all seats - it's 'controlled'. There is an extra part of the track that controls when the seats spin.

Unless you're talking about Green Lantern - that is 'free' spinning. But they seem to try to balance every train to limit this.

Well I just felt faster spinning at the bottom of the drop because there is a spinning control at that certain part of the track. That's what I mean.

2. You mean to tell me the only ride with a single-rider option is Viper?

Umm... No, I don't. Riddler's Revenge and Green Lantern also have a single-rider option, and I also believe Revolution has a single-rider line. There aren't that many rides with them (unless I'm missing any), but at least it isn't like at some parks, including other SF parks, where you have to go through the normal line to get to the single rider line.

This must be my lucky time

Another X2 tip, make sure the restrains are secure tightly on your chest and shoulders! Also the earlier you ride X2 the smoother it will be.

I figured it'd be best to do this anyway, supposedly lines are quite outrageous.

Unless we'll get ERT for it???

^^ I rode my first time in the back row, outside seat and loved it still! It was a little rough but nothing un-bearable!

Right. You got lucky. Don't listen to this advice! I've done the outside back row and literally had the crap beaten out of me. Like I said before, take your first ride in the front row, inside seat. Don't listen to anyone try to tell you differently!!!

--Robb "Seriously, TRUST ME on this!" Alvey

Listen to the man, I've rode it once, Robb's rode it probably 100+ times!

On X2 if you don't keep your head against the head rest it will beat the crap out of you! I also agree first row inside is nice.

Haha, exactly. Especially when you switch from going upside down and backward to front facing and upright - get your head back against the headrest before it accelerates. I learned this the hard way the first time I rode it

After the day we did X2 43 times (not kidding, June weekdays are perfect) I would highly suggest taking your first ride front row,inside seat, preferably ramp side. If you can give it a 2 nd ride or feel more daring, do the stair side inside seat last row (my personal fav spot) Just became the mutual agreement of preferred sides and seats that day on top of many other rides over the years.

Sounds like this is one of the rare, but not unheard-of, cases where enthusiasts actually desire more restraints on a coaster.

Pretty funny point!

What's kinda disturbing is this rides spins you around...while navigating its own track with twists and flips, and they didn't think to put something in place to keep your legs contained???

Oi!