TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^It's named after an energy drink... news to me.

There you go. When I first heard about it, I thought for sure that Coca-Cola would sponsor YOLOcoaster with the same design.

They sell the Full-Throttle energy drink in Goliath's queue.

^It's named after an energy drink... news to me.

There you go. When I first heard about it, I thought for sure that Coca-Cola would sponsor YOLOcoaster with the same design.

That is possible, however; unlikely that it was named after the drink. That's not to say the name was chosen without that sponsor in mind though, haha.

Something about Six Flags trying to capitalize on a meme...reminds me of the family guy skit Disney trying to bond with their audience "you da cow!" "Wow Disney gets us!"

And yes, ironically the coaster is not very full on the throttle

Remember when the rumor broke? We were seduced by "longest coaster record" and "putting Maverick to shame" and "a natural terrain epic" and what not and we ended up with...YOLO

Remember when Six Flags did the survey about the name 'YOLOcoaster', they asked which of the following products you had heard about that were called YOLOcoaster and the list had like 25 different products!!!

LOL, I love the market research asking: Which sponcors would you like to see? Haha

Yeah, sorry.. I wasn't implying that it was solely named after the energy drink, but it's the only way I can easily remember the name.

As for the person who said Yolo was no longer popular, you might want to tell the Pepsi marketing department.

I wasn't sure whether I liked X2 or not when I rode it. I wished it had some way to hold your legs like the B&M flyers (Tatsu), I felt like a rag doll flopping around. On subsequent rides I tried to stiffen my legs and I enjoyed X2 more than the first ride.

^^ I rode my first time in the back row, outside seat and loved it still! It was a little rough but nothing un-bearable!

Right. You got lucky. Don't listen to this advice! I've done the outside back row and literally had the crap beaten out of me. Like I said before, take your first ride in the front row, inside seat. Don't listen to anyone try to tell you differently!!!

--Robb "Seriously, TRUST ME on this!" Alvey

Also after 10...well 11 years of dreaming about X....or X2 I hope it ends up as a good ride and not sucky

Take your first ride in the front row, inside seat. TRUST ME on this!

Who am I to doubt the man himself!?

Also after 10...well 11 years of dreaming about X....or X2 I hope it ends up as a good ride and not sucky

Take your first ride in the front row, inside seat. TRUST ME on this!

I can vouch for this as well. When I've ridden in the back row there have been plenty of times when I've come back into the station with pain in my calves and a slight headache!

Make sure that there's someone heavier than you in the outside seat, though. Just about any row is bearable and quite nice if you put the hopes ire person on the outside. It makes the world of a difference. If you're in the row by yourself ride in the outside seat. I rode front row inside seat by myself and it was terrible. Outside was good.

General rule: heavier person on the outside.