TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I am going to go out on a limb and say that B&M probably thought of that when designing the new chassis to run backwards. Just a hunch though. But lets discuss that in the appropriate thread until if/when SFMM does the same.

Edited by Jew

2. You mean to tell me the only ride with a single-rider option is Viper?

Maybe it's a trial? Many people suggest a single rider line at SF Great America. They only have a single rider line on Ragin Cajun (a spinning wild mouse which they are only allowed to put 3 adults in one car), but it would really help on the other coasters - especially the B&Ms. You can watch the trains come in on Raging Bull with usually between 4-10 empty seats (some 2 together) in every single train. It's still a high capacity ride, but the option to fill those seats would be great. It would help out even more on Superman.

I hope this is a trial and eventually shows up on more popular coasters across the chain. Viper is an odd choice, but perhaps the station setup facilitated the trial?

Sometimes work really is a pain, distracting me from what really counts...I remember when news for YOLO first broke, and we saw what it'd be.

Now I see its been dubbed the YOLOcoaster..what the hell did I miss in the meantime!?

Sometimes work really is a pain, distracting me from what really counts...I remember when news for YOLO first broke, and we saw what it'd be.

Now I see its been dubbed the YOLOcoaster..what the hell did I miss in the meantime!?

Nothing.

So it just became dubbed that by the forces of the internet?

Green Lantern looks like it's either pretty fun, pretty brutal or maybe both. Pretty excited regardless

I'm not talking about the coaster!!!! The term YOLO!! Sheesh. It old as fudge.

Yet here you are talking about it in a thread devoted to Six Flags Magic Mountain. Yes, many posters here have made fun of the "YOLO" tagline, but there is rarely such a thing as bad publicity.

Umm... No, I don't. Riddler's Revenge and Green Lantern also have a single-rider option, and I also believe Revolution has a single-rider line. There aren't that many rides with them (unless I'm missing any), but at least it isn't like at some parks, including other SF parks, where you have to go through the normal line to get to the single rider line.

Umm... No, I don't. Riddler's Revenge and Green Lantern also have a single-rider option, and I also believe Revolution has a single-rider line. There aren't that many rides with them (unless I'm missing any), but at least it isn't like at some parks, including other SF parks, where you have to go through the normal line to get to the single rider line.

He said that those were observations from his visit. Perhaps the other rides you mentioned either had the line closed or did not have adequate signage.

I know there are others (Riddlers for sure), but they aren't conspicuous, especially during off season.

4. I downloaded two ride-wait apps: Coasterilla and Ride Hopper. Neither were reliable (I gave up on them), but I wasn't sure if maybe that was because they relied on user input and I was attending during a slow day/month.
With RideHopper that is exactly correct. Users input the wait times, so if no one is using it, you get no wait times.