TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

For a minute I thought Premier actually referred to it as YOLOcoaster.

This would be sweet victory.

Premier did have YOLO Premier ride pins and lanyards...I wouldn't say it's that far off!

I had just assumed that Premier had given up on calling it anything else.

I don't really care about if she interacts with guests, employees, or whatever. However, I do think that someone can be rightfully criticized when something is done poorly, or not as well as it has been done in years past, etc.

It may be funny to crack jokes at her expense because she isn't very outgoing, but as long as the park is ran well, she could watch TV in the admin building all day, every day for all I care. If there is a problem though, the blame dominoes on up to her, because she is the park's president. So in many of the stories we hear about the park, "technically" it's her leadership that is at fault, even if it's a supervisor or single employee's problem.

It's apples and oranges. Her leadership=results for the company; Her leadership=poor operations. Her job, however, is to get results for the company. So mission accomplished.

^Wait, you mean this is a business that has business needs and isn't made solely for the happiness of coaster enthusiasts!?

If you don't like how the park is run, don't go. That's what I do. I haven't been to SFMM in 4 years. I'm likely going this year, just to give it another shot, but if I don't like it I won't give them my business for another 4 or 5 years. They won't care and I won't feel cheated out of my money. Win-Win. I've never understood the financial masochism of some enthusiasts who continually throw their money at a park only to bitch about how much they hate it and how poorly it's operated.

I'm likely going this year, just to give it another shot, but if I don't like it I won't give them my business for another 4 or 5 years. They won't care and I won't feel cheated out of my money. Win-Win.

My suggestion- if you can, go for West Coast Bash in September. The ERT alone will make it worthwhile! Even if you decide you don't like the service/operations, you'll at least get your fill of rides in to last you another 4-5 years!

I'm likely going this year, just to give it another shot, but if I don't like it I won't give them my business for another 4 or 5 years. They won't care and I won't feel cheated out of my money. Win-Win.

My suggestion- if you can, go for West Coast Bash in September. The ERT alone will make it worthwhile! Even if you decide you don't like the service/operations, you'll at least get your fill of rides in to last you another 4-5 years!

WCB is the only time I visit the park as well now. Absolutely makes SFMM tolerable with ERT and great company!

Maybe it was just the time we visited but I don't get all the hate for SFMM. We went for the first time in October and really liked it a lot. I thought the operations were really pretty good. The only place there was a lack of urgency was on Apocalypse. Then Riddler's Revenge only had one train operation with a busy queue. Other than that, it was just fine. We even had a not planned ERT session on X2 with NO ONE in the line (and there were 8 of us sitting wherever we wanted.) We just stayed on and rode as much as we wanted to. We hit almost all of the credits in one day and even got both sides of Superman. We went back the next day for rerides and although it was busier, it still wasn't the worst. I think the park is very clean and the patrons were nice. There was absolutely zero line jumping, very unlike our home park SFOG where the patrons are rude and line jump every chance they get.

I don't hold the patrons against the park. Sometime you just can't help having the ghetto come to play. I do, however, get pretty annoyed with how those patron are dealt with by the parks when the need arises. And when you cannot tell the difference between the guests and the patrons, that's an issue as well.

Maybe it was just the time we visited but I don't get all the hate for SFMM. We went for the first time in October and really liked it a lot. I thought the operations were really pretty good. The only place there was a lack of urgency was on Apocalypse. Then Riddler's Revenge only had one train operation with a busy queue. Other than that, it was just fine. We even had a not planned ERT session on X2 with NO ONE in the line (and there were 8 of us sitting wherever we wanted.) We just stayed on and rode as much as we wanted to. We hit almost all of the credits in one day and even got both sides of Superman. We went back the next day for rerides and although it was busier, it still wasn't the worst. I think the park is very clean and the patrons were nice. There was absolutely zero line jumping, very unlike our home park SFOG where the patrons are rude and line jump every chance they get.

You went one time and got really lucky. Trust the locals and people who've spent a lot of time there.

Maybe SFMM should pull a Disney and charge $87 for park entry and $269 for an annual pass that works half the year.

I hope not as the Disneyland $269 deal doesn't include any Saturdays or Sundays at all and also blacked out pretty much all of June July & August ... and to add parking to the pass is another $120 holy tinkerbell batman!

..... And when you cannot tell the difference between the guests and the patrons, that's an issue as well.

That's pretty bad.

That by the way wasn't directly targeted at SFMM. More of a general statement. I've seen it happen at a number of parks, SFMM included.

Ehhh, I'm guessing they knew the Street View thing was coming and wanted to pull a prank and got what they wanted... Google Street View is full of stuff like that.

exactly, its not like the google street view car/bike/etc, blends in with its dozens of cameras..