TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Where can I purchase the Six Flags Season Dining Pass?

You can purchase the pass either online or at the park. If you choose to purchase it at the park, you can either buy it at the ticket booths out front or inside the Cyber Café.

How much does the Season Dining Pass cost?

The pass will cost $99 for Magic Mountain and $25 for Hurricane Harbor. If you have a Combo or Gold Pass, you will need a separate dining pass for each park.

What do I do once I purchase the pass?

When you purchase the dining pass, you will receive a voucher that needs to be processed at the season pass processing center. Your 2013 season pass and dining pass can be processed at the same time. If you have already received your 2013 season pass, the processing center will add the dining plan onto your season pass.

How do I get my meals?

When you arrive at the park, and your season pass is first scanned at the main gate, your meal credits for that day will be automatically added to your season pass. If you arrive prior to 3:30 pm, you will get both a lunch and dinner credit. If you arrive after 3:30 pm, you will only receive a dinner credit. To redeem a credit for a meal, simply head to one of the participating dining locations and show them your season pass. Once they verify your identity, they’ll take your order and deduct that meal credit from your season pass. You will be charged, as normal, for any additional items you order.

Where in the park can the pass be used?

The meal credits can be used at any of the following Magic Mountain dining locations:

Food, Etc.

JB’s Smokehouse BBQ

Johnny Rockets

Katy’s Kettle

Teen Titans Tower Pizza

Totally Kickin’ Chicken

Wascal’s

Waterfront Commissary

When can I use the pass?

The lunch credit is valid from 11:30-3:30 pm. The dinner credit is valid from 4:30-7:30 pm.

What does the meal include?

You will get to choose one entrée and one side from a list of choices. The options will vary by location. The meals do not include a drink. However, if you buy a souvenir drink cup, and take it to the park with you each visit, you can get refills for only $0.99 all season long.

Can anyone else use my Season Dining Pass?

No. The Six Flags Season Dining Pass is only valid for the season pass holder and their identity will be verified when ordering a meal.

Edited by robbalvey

What I'm getting about the Bonnie is that she is kind of "LA," while Jay is more southern/Texan (much easier to warm up to, outwardly friendly). Spending time in both places, they surely are completely different worlds. Jay is a very special guy, we have a few of those in the industry. Didn't Bonnie used to work at Magic Mountain years ago as well? Or was it another big park?

Yes, from what I've been told Bonnie has been at MM for sometime now. I really think the difference is Jay is a people person and she isn't. It's as simple as that. The thing to consider is they are in the "people" business.

According to that report from a few pages back, business is much better now under her tenure.

This seems like a great deal, I'm surprised they offer it because I imagine that the park makes a lot of money from the extras that passholders buy on each visit.

I guess if you were poor you could feed yourself every day that SFMM is open for just the cost of a season pass + dining pass though!

Edited by robbalvey

What I'm getting about the Bonnie is that she is kind of "LA," while Jay is more southern/Texan (much easier to warm up to, outwardly friendly). Spending time in both places, they surely are completely different worlds. Jay is a very special guy, we have a few of those in the industry. Didn't Bonnie used to work at Magic Mountain years ago as well? Or was it another big park?

Yes, from what I've been told Bonnie has been at MM for sometime now. I really think the difference is Jay is a people person and she isn't. It's as simple as that. The thing to consider is they are in the "people" business.

According to that report from a few pages back, business is much better now under her tenure.

Six Flags Corporate is also giving them rides now that fit their core demographic (YOLO!) instead of trying to build a family audience that doesn't exist.

The dining plan makes sense, I know when I was a pass holder, I rarely spent $99 a year on food items. Soda, yes. Food, not so much. I think they are hoping to sell it to those that buy the pass just to have it and end up visiting only a handful of times a year. If you show up after 3:30 every day, it would take over 9 visits to pay it off...it's a lot of visits to anybody who lives outside of the SCV.

I don't really care about if she interacts with guests, employees, or whatever. However, I do think that someone can be rightfully criticized when something is done poorly, or not as well as it has been done in years past, etc.

It may be funny to crack jokes at her expense because she isn't very outgoing, but as long as the park is ran well, she could watch TV in the admin building all day, every day for all I care. If there is a problem though, the blame dominoes on up to her, because she is the park's president. So in many of the stories we hear about the park, "technically" it's her leadership that is at fault, even if it's a supervisor or single employee's problem.

^^I really think Jay saw Valencia, saw all of the great families with tons of money, and thought he could get them to come to SFMM with some kids areas, cleaning up the park, and general improvements. He just didn't understand the real hatred that most of the Santa Clarita Valley has for the park. In all of my Gymboree Classes, Preschool moms, etc. They all had passes for Disney and Legoland and wouldn't go NEAR SFMM because of the parks reputation. It was sad, because Jay did a great job cleaning that park up, but really we know the demographics of the park and Bonnie (with her team) are doing a great job catering to who's coming to the park and bringing in money.

^ Exactly.

I've met Bonnie a few times and have found her to be a genuinely nice person. She has this perceived persona that I don't think is necessarily the truth.

We may bash the park for the direction it's going in but they are catering to what the park is and the clientele they serve. That's rule #1 in any service industry.

I still have to give them credit for keeping the train open in the old Thomas Town as well. That thing probably get's the lowest ridership of anything in the park but the area is still nice and the ride is still open. Heck, even over the last year I've seen a steady decline in people in BBW.

Hey Everyone!

I am FINALLY getting to this park the first week of April. Question is how are the crowds during the week than? I do plan on buying the Flash Pass. I wanted to be able to ride all the coasters and possibly most of the flats.

Any help would be appreciated.

That's the start of their 3 week Spring Break season so it will be decently busy. FP will help you out tremendously so lines won't be too much of an issue for you.

Thank you! We are only getting one day here so I need to get it all in. Will make sure to get the FP.