TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ Win!!!

And SFMM will NEVER go to Annual Passes. Could you imagine the confusion that would create. Also, the fact that all the other parks in the Six Flags Chain are seasonal means they will be Season Passes.

It would be a nightmare for the other parks to handle SFMM annual passes.

Why don't they just get more help to process passes. Sure seems like it would be cheaper than pissing people off waiting over an hour.

Ok I'm beginning to wonder after following this thread for a while and reading people's post how MM is best in guest satisfaction. It seems to me a lot of people disagree with that by what I'm reading. Yes I did read the report stating MM is the best in satisfaction, and revenue. Revenue I believe is because they are the only year round park in the chain while most parks are closed 2 months or longer. And the part of the report that basically said MM is the flagship of the chain....I think not. There is no question that SIx Flags Over Texas, the original is the flagship. I mean hell without OT there is no MM.

Ok I'm beginning to wonder after following this thread for a while and reading people's post how MM is best in guest satisfaction. It seems to me a lot of people disagree with that by what I'm reading. Yes I did read the report stating MM is the best in satisfaction, and revenue. Revenue I believe is because they are the only year round park in the chain while most parks are closed 2 months or longer. And the part of the report that basically said MM is the flagship of the chain....I think not. There is no question that SIx Flags Over Texas, the original is the flagship. I mean hell without OT there is no MM.

I think MM existed long before 6F took over the park. So in fact, there was MM without OT. And I think by flagship, they mean revenue generator.

There are around 3 million people visiting Magic Mountain vs. 300 people posting in this thread that are mobbing the park. So please take everything into consideration...

I understand that Six Flags acquired the park in 79. But MM only became what it is today because of Six Flags. Without Six Flags it may not have been the same. So my point is SFOT inspired the creation of SFMM. And I have been doing my research on SF and MM for a while, and I understand that MM was scheduled to close years ago due to gang problems. I've also read and noticed that MM does not offer a wide range of rides and attractions. Basically just thrill rides. Which there is nothing wrong with that if that's what you like. I on the other hand love a good park with a variety of rides and attractions. I don't believe MM can offer that. I would love to make a trip to California, but if I do I think I would choose Discovery Kingdom over MM. Not trying to be rude here, just trying to understand how MM reports they are the best.

^ The park is worth a visit - there are plenty of coasters to fill an entire day.

While they might not have the 'best' rides, they have extreme rides and rides that are unique (don't know if that's the best word).

You won't find an X2 (4D coaster) anywhere else in the US.

Ninja is a really fun suspended coaster (they've all pretty much disappeared).

Viper is still quite fun (again, Arrow Loopers have disappeared).

Tatsu is not an ordinary B&M flyer because it's up on a hill.

Etc.

These are just a few examples. While there are 'off-the-shelf' rides (Scream), there are still some things that you'll only find at SFMM. If you're into flat-rides, shows, parades, or 'eating your way through the park' (something you'd do at Knoebel's), forget it - this is not the park for you.

Right SFMM has a lot of records when it comes to their coaster. But like you said, Shows, Food, Flats they can't off. Im not sure why they don't as most SF parks offer all of those things. I will still give MM a chance, it's just not at the top of my list at this time.

Because there are two parks an hour south (without traffic) that offer all of this. If you don't want to spend the money on Disney, Knott's Berry Farm is quite fun and has plenty to offer for everyone.

And, if you wanted to go even farther, there's Sea World, the Zoo, etc.

If you're just a die-hard coaster enthusiast, SFMM fills that niche.

I also read a lot of whining on SFMM. This doesn't make me want to chance the 2014 trip I started to plan as I always said: "SFMM will be in my first vised to the US." Since I'm planning to go to America next year I'm still keeping my word, I'm just expecting less of the park since those post. (Nothing adding to the thread just felt like I needed to say this)

I read countless of times that the park refuses to ride 2 trains with line's over a half a hour to a hour. Sure I believe you have the right to say that you disagree with that and that the park should look at it more. But I'm personally sick that we need to have 3 pages long whining post of the park riding 1 train.

Also Construction is something that brings a lot of whining with it. Six Flags Magic Mountain Announced that Full Throttle will open in spring 2013 remember that that is from the 21th of March to the 21th of June. That's six months, the park is building on a other schedule then the others (Like it's different then the other parks in many ways).

I also notice that each park gets some negative feedback on this forum but that makes it a forum. They only chance in this thread is that we keep on going on the negative pats more often in this thread. Sure I believe Negativity needs to be part of any forum and each thread, but after some part it just becomes whining to me.

(I really felt that I needed to make this post. )

I also read a lot of whining on SFMM. This doesn't make me want to chance the 2014 trip I started to plan as I always said: "SFMM will be in my first vised to the US."

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

SFMM was going to be your first US park?

Yeah, don't do that to yourself. If you have to make your first park a Six Flags park, go to Great Adventure.

I also read a lot of whining on SFMM. This doesn't make me want to chance the 2014 trip I started to plan as I always said: "SFMM will be in my first vised to the US."

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

SFMM was going to be your first US park?

Yeah, don't do that to yourself. If you have to make your first park a Six Flags park, go to Great Adventure.

I said I'm doing it to my first vised to the US, not that it will be my first park of the US. No I'm planning a 6 park trip Including SFMM. SDC Will be my first (As I'm planning a Texas, California trip), my first SF park will be SFFT. So I planned some good rides before hand.

Lol Welcome to the SFMM Disscusion Thread!

Lol true. It was like this before I came a year ago and it will be the same over a year. I just felt like I needed to post my opinion about it.

Lol yeah man if you are coming to Texas defiantly check Fiesta Texas out, it's amazing. Then if you are up for it head North 4 hours to the Dallas/Arlington area for SFOT, it's just as good a Fiesta. However OT does have more rides.

I'm already ahead on that. SFOT already is on my bucket list thanks to the New Texas Giant. But I feel we're getting of from the subject here.

Lol yeah man if you are coming to Texas defiantly check Fiesta Texas out, it's amazing. Then if you are up for it head North 4 hours to the Dallas/Arlington area for SFOT, it's just as good a Fiesta. However OT does have more rides.

Yes, make sure to be very defiant while visiting...

It's been said before, people aren't bashing on SFMM all the time, it's just that us enthusiasts are confused about some of the ridiculously stupid decisions the park has made in recent years. SFMM is not the worst park ever, but there is a lot to improve on.

Yes, make sure to be very defiant while visiting...
Ha I see you were being a little jack wagon. Obviously I missed spelled definitely...no big deal. Everyone miss spells things here. I'm sure you have as well.

I missed spelled words sometimes too, so I like to proof reads before I post.