TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

They also had the processing center open inside the park which had barely any line at all. They were running at full capacity with the processing.

So why weren't they smart enough to have someone outside directing people to the center inside the park? That just seems so dumb to have one center with a huge line, and another with none at all?

It's as simple as a phone call from one center to the other "How busy are you guys? Not at all? Sending people your way!"

They also had the processing center open inside the park which had barely any line at all. They were running at full capacity with the processing.

So why weren't they smart enough to have someone outside directing people to the center inside the park? That just seems so dumb to have one center with a huge line, and another with none at all?

It's as simple as a phone call from one center to the other "How busy are you guys? Not at all? Sending people your way!"

I think they were taking groups of people from the big line in the plaza into the park through the old gate which is now a backstage gate to the processing center inside the park.

Getting a pass processed at SFMM has always sucked, though this is exceptionally bad. But again, the majority of the people that go to the park don't care, because, you know, ONLY COASTERS MATTER! YOLO!!!

How this place gets any sort of positive customer service rating is beyond me...

dt

I was getting my pass processed a few days ago and I waited an hour in line outside and I was directed to the processing center inside the park. You cannot get in line for the processing center inside if you didn't wait in the long line outside. That long line outside is the line for both processing centers. So, SFMM did do a good job using both processing centers.

Great America had similar lines for season pass processing during opening day and closing day. Both times had lines probably 30 - 60 minutes with the normal season pass center open and temporary processing locations open. I don't really think the problem are the parks themselves, it's the season pass system. They need to make renewing an existing pass easier and faster as even if you have a season pass you have to re-enter all your information. They should really be saving it on the system so if you don't have anything to change you can just pay, take a new picture and be done.

I processed my pass last Thursday (1/3/13). I got in line about 10:10 and was walking out of the building at 10:40. In the years past, I've gotten in line, processed, and been waiting for the gates to open at 10:20. I was ticked off waiting 30 minutes last time, I can't imagine any of you guys who waited upwards of 90 minutes. Unbelievable.

I have to stand in terrible lines from time to time at county recorder's offices and courthouses for my job. A 90 minute wait for processing a piece of paper gives even those government institutions a run for their money.

[Edit]: An you know which counties are the best? The ones that let you file and record electronically. Maybe you can learn from them SFMM.

Surely they could do this with some sort of self-service kiosk. If I can go through immigration via a self-service terminal how hard can it be to have a machine that scans your voucher, takes a photo and prints out a card?

^LOL, really? That seems silly... because once you get into the processing room, you only had to wait like 2 more minutes. Itd take you longer to walk over there then to have you stay there.

The long line ends with a check point where an employee directs you into another line for either processing room 1 or 2. Both processing rooms have the same wait of about 10 minutes.

Surely they could do this with some sort of self-service kiosk. If I can go through immigration via a self-service terminal how hard can it be to have a machine that scans your voucher, takes a photo and prints out a card?

Said machines cost $$$ that the park doesn't have or want to spend. That's why they haven't been implemented.

This park just finished replacing their 486 IBM cash registers about a year ago.

X2 music is dead once again. Surprise?

Also confirmed with the park that Superman is closed intermittently during the construction. Sounds like it will be hit-or-miss.

And that's different from "normal" Superman operations in what way?

It's not the season pass system, Disneyland has figured it out over the past few years. You get your card from one of the ticket booths and then have one of the photopass people take your picture. It takes no longer than waiting in a ticket booth line. Or if you are renewing you get it in the mail and there is absolutely no waiting. And last I checked, Disney had WAY more passholders than SFMM.

Does WDW do it this way now as well? Last time we had WDW AP's they were still using the paper ones (2007).

It's not the season pass system, Disneyland has figured it out over the past few years. You get your card from one of the ticket booths and then have one of the photopass people take your picture. It takes no longer than waiting in a ticket booth line. Or if you are renewing you get it in the mail and there is absolutely no waiting. And last I checked, Disney had WAY more passholders than SFMM.

Does WDW do it this way now as well? Last time we had WDW AP's they were still using the paper ones (2007).

I went to Disneyland with a couple of friends about two weeks before Christmas last month and one of them needed to get their annual pass processed. He left us around closing to go deal with the pass, and we shopped thinking he'd be a little while. He used that system with getting a photopass person and he was done in less than five minutes! It definitely speeds up the process. It probably also helped that he did it so close to closing time, but still, super efficient.

The same group went to SFMM a few days after to renew our passes for that park, and we were all wishing it was more efficient like Disneyland.

What's also funny is that you have to take a new picture with SFMM - I guess they have no way of keeping them on file. Gosh, they must need a recent photo so nobody uses your $70 pass.

My premier pass at Disney, however, is still using my 2007ish photo. Buying that pass for a recent WDW trip was as easy as going to a ticket booth.

Sure, having a picture popup on a screen at the turnstile requires technology and investment, but if they're going to try to attract new customers, while maintaining their supposed high customer satisfaction rating, they need to figure something out.

Since it's technically a year-round park, I don't see why they can't switch to annual passes; it would eliminate a rush at the beginning of each season.

Or they should push for early buying.. Like really push. My brother bought a 2013 Knott's pass way back when they were first available because of the incentive at the time.

My friend is convinced...CONVINCED that his SFMM SP expires in May, the same month he purchased it. Is there any possibility of this being true? I am under the impression that SF Season Passes expire December 31st, period.

If i was a betting person I would bet my house that his pass is now expired.

And isn't Disney getting rid of Season passes (annual passes)?

Any bets on what will be open first ... Throttle at SFMM or Thunder Mountain at DLand?

X2 music is dead once again. Surprise?

Also confirmed with the park that Superman is closed intermittently during the construction. Sounds like it will be hit-or-miss.

Yes, the news that the music on the rough coaster is dead once again has throughly surprised me!