TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^Definitely. They are taking out many family attractions for new coasters. I have no problem with it, but families do. For the next few seasons, Six Flags should focus on repopulating the family ride count starting with a water ride. It will help even out the age groups hanging out at the park.

"YOLO" Banned...

List of "banned" words for 2013

Lake Superior State University 2013 List of Banished Words

YOLO (you only live once)

"Stands for 'You Only Live Once' and used by wannabe Twitter philosophers who think they've uncovered a deep secret of life. Also used as an excuse to do really stupid things, such as streaking at a baseball game with YOLO printed on one's chest. I only live once, so I'd prefer to be able to do it without ever seeing YOLO again." Brendan Cotter, Grosse Pte. Park, Mich.

"Used by teens everywhere to describe an action that is risky or unconventional, yet acceptable because 'you only live once.' Who lives more than once?" P.P., Los Angeles, Calif.

"Just gives people,especially teens, a reason to do stupid things. I find it annoying and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone here." Daniel, Hickory, NC

"Only a real yoyo would use the term 'yolo.'" Sandra McGlew, White Lake, Mich.

Maybe they can make the closure useful and make some final modifications to the ride. Basically, this would be a great opportunity to possibly modify the tunnel (make it a larger diameter so that they can take off the arm covers on the cars). Wishful thinking but highly doubted.

I did hear rumors about this, but it'd be miracle if the park does take advantage of this opportunity to redesign the tunnels.

How about next winter they close it and have a "NYE Ball Drop" from the tower with a large concert their at the park, some mega-band! Never mind, thats kinda lame.

Maybe they should close the Slingshot and use that instead. At least it wouldn't upset anybody.

"YOLO" Banned...

List of "banned" words for 2013

Lake Superior State University 2013 List of Banished Words

YOLO (you only live once)

"Stands for 'You Only Live Once' and used by wannabe Twitter philosophers who think they've uncovered a deep secret of life. Also used as an excuse to do really stupid things, such as streaking at a baseball game with YOLO printed on one's chest. I only live once, so I'd prefer to be able to do it without ever seeing YOLO again." Brendan Cotter, Grosse Pte. Park, Mich.

"Used by teens everywhere to describe an action that is risky or unconventional, yet acceptable because 'you only live once.' Who lives more than once?" P.P., Los Angeles, Calif.

"Just gives people,especially teens, a reason to do stupid things. I find it annoying and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone here." Daniel, Hickory, NC

"Only a real yoyo would use the term 'yolo.'" Sandra McGlew, White Lake, Mich.

Lake superior is not particularly near cedar point imo, so why do they do that?

So could YOLO's construction actually pick up now? I read somewhere that something something finial budget they had to wait for the end of the year to start building. So they might be starting soon.

This may actually be true (while also kinda pathetic) since Six Flags uses a calendar year end as their fiscal year end.

What is Six Flags’ fiscal year end?

The company’s fiscal year end is December 31 of each calendar year.

Edited by robbalvey