TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

You know the guys at SFMM are just randomly putting these everywhere just to see our reactions.

Actually, I did it! I sneaked into the park in the wee hours of the morning and spraypainted random marks all over the place. Bwa ha ha ha ha ha!

Edited by cfc

It could be possible that it's just a marker indicating where some utility is buried, right? Maybe marking it on a fixed object like the bracket is easier than clearing/spraying weeds/leaves/dirt?

Why would they care about some utility buried under coaster track? More than likely it is just a fixed reference point to place all the other markers.

Went to SFMM on Sunday for a nice little half day of rides.

Ride Count:

X2

Gold Rusher

Riddlers

Batman

Green Lantern

Colossus

Goliath

Lex Luthor

Ended up being pretty cold and windy, at least for this San Diego kid. One Train operation on X2, Apocalypse, Riddler, Gold Rusher. Had the worst rides on Riddler and Green Lantern that I have had on either ride. Riddler's rattle was crazy and gave a nice headache and I think it raped my ears on the OTSR. . Rode GL once and it didn't come close to flipping once, quite boring. Pretty so-so day, park didn't look crowded based on the parking lot but X2, Apocalypse, Riddlers and Tatsu had 1 hour waits due to one train or slow operations. Superman, Ninja and Scream were closed.

I've found, after riding 50+ times, that it will flip the most when it isn't very unbalanced. It is best when it is slightly unbalanced but not totally. Balanced rides warrant 1 flip and unbalanced rides warrant 0-1. But if you get it just right it will be insane, escpecially in the second half of the ride. It's just gotta be just right.

The Ski resort I worked at and have been going to for over 20 years has been using similar buses for the past 5+ years. This couldn't possibly be any worse than that.

*shakes head*

*face palm*

*insert any other internet meme here for amazingly stupid thing said that I'm in disbelief over*

I don't get it...

While the clientele may be different your actually much more likely to be stabbed on a ski bus.

*shakes head*

*facepalm*

I'm a new user and I don't claim to know an awful ton about the amusement park industry and especially not ski resorts. What he said doesn't sound too crazy, but again I wouldn't call myself the most knowledgeable person concerning these subjects.

Could you please explain to me what sounds so off to you about what he said? I'm just very curious here and looking to learn more.

So SFMM attracts a pretty rambunctious/dangerous crowd?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how you guys view this park. By the way most of you talk about it you'd think it was an awful horrible place. I mean there is an awful lot of full throttle bashing here. It looks like a pretty fun ride that I would guess going to be better than other somewhat similar rides such as Mr Freeze:Reverse Blast and Xcelerator. I love both of those rides and I can't imagine Full Throttle not being a fun experience. Yeah the YOLO advertisement is lame, but its made for some good laughs.

Though I really shouldn't talk. I've never been to SFMM. Apparently, they have some of the worst ride ops around according to you guys. It's just that I can't imagine park patrons of any other place complaining about getting Full Throttle.

So SFMM attracts a pretty rambunctious/dangerous crowd?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how you guys view this park. By the way most of you talk about it you'd think it was an awful horrible place. I mean there is an awful lot of YOLOcoaster bashing here. It looks like a pretty fun ride that I would guess going to be better than other somewhat similar rides such as Mr Freeze:Reverse Blast and Xcelerator. I love both of those rides and I can't imagine YOLOcoaster not being a fun experience. Yeah the YOLO advertisement is lame, but its made for some good laughs.

Though I really shouldn't talk. I've never been to SFMM. Apparently, they have some of the worst ride ops around according to you guys. It's just that I can't imagine park patrons of any other place complaining about getting YOLOcoaster.

I do agree that SFMM is always over-reacted on the terrible side. I'm re-newing my 2013 season pass at SFMM, so it will officially be my home park and I have already been to SFMM enough to know exactly what it is like.

Full Throttle: Yes, I would love to have it longer, though it will probably become one of SFMM's best coasters.

Ride Ops: The ride ops usually are decent, its just that the management allows low train operation.

The LA Teenager Crowd: Yes, I don't like the crowd and I much prefer the crowd at Legoland, though the crowd never ruins my day at SFMM.

SFMM is a really nice park, its just the management is on a shoe string budget which shows why they don't run a lot of trains and why a lot of their recent rides aren't very large investments. Once SFMM starts to make more of a profit, hopefully the park will change for the better. Though, I have to say that SFMM is the only Six Flags park where I could see such a gimmick called Full Throttle built.

^^ I'm really not sure why all the constant bashing of MM. I find most of the ride ops friendly and helpful. Although, I'm not a big fan of the "Ice Queen" who's in charge of the park. I've been to every 6 Flags park in the US. I live in South Florida, but it is my favorite amusement park here in the US. I was there this past weekend, and renewed my season pass for 2013. Many many years ago it WAS a very dangerous place. It has dramatically changed. I never think about my safety there. I totally enjoy myself with each visit.

I know many here will disagree with me on my point of view, but I always enjoy MM.