TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

The Ski resort I worked at and have been going to for over 20 years has been using similar buses for the past 5+ years. This couldn't possibly be any worse than that.

*shakes head*

*face palm*

*insert any other internet meme here for amazingly stupid thing said that I'm in disbelief over*

I don't get it...

While the clientele may be different your actually much more likely to be stabbed on a ski bus.

*shakes head*

*facepalm*

The trams may have been incredibly old and rough, but there is no way that a bus will be more efficient. You don't need to be a psychic to figure that out. And yes, getting on the trams at SFMM was hell when it was busy. It was absolutely not worth it on a busy day.

The Ski resort I worked at and have been going to for over 20 years has been using similar buses for the past 5+ years. This couldn't possibly be any worse than that.

*shakes head*

*face palm*

*insert any other internet meme here for amazingly stupid thing said that I'm in disbelief over*

I don't get it...

While the clientele may be different your actually much more likely to be stabbed on a ski bus.

Do you live in a snow globe or something? You know life actually exists outside of ski resorts, right?

Yeah, I'm not discrediting Disney - but we were packed into the buses like sardines on multiple occasions - like a little too close for comfort on some occasions.

Not once, though, did anyone fight over seats, cut in line, or act rude.

On the West Coast, however, yeah, no comment. I'm sure people will be very polite and cooperative when it comes to loading the buses in an orderly fashion.

/sarcasm.

So if SFNE got these busses, how many other Six Flags parks got them this year? This is the first I've heard of it...

They seem to be phasing them in, they run those in addition to the regular trams. There was a lot of pushing and shoving to get onto them (usually because people would get separated from their group and would be squeezed into the bus so they couldn't get back out to meet their friends who ended up on the next tram), and that's at Six Flags New England. I couldn't imagine this at SFMM.

Yeah, I'm not discrediting Disney - but we were packed into the buses like sardines on multiple occasions - like a little too close for comfort on some occasions.

Right. But there's quite a difference between using buses as an actual "transportation system" that travel quite a distance between resort hotels and different parks on a 47 square mile property like Walt Disney World, and trams getting people from the parking lot to a park, which Walt Disney World also uses on those properties.

I'm not sure when you were at WDW or what resort you were staying at, but normally those buses only get that full during peak periods, or at the closing time of a park. And during those times, there is almost always multiple buses running, and it's not one bus going to all the resorts, there are about 15 different lines going to different locations. It's not uncommon for there to be around 30 buses at the Epcot resort bus area at the end of the night, ready to go!

At the end of a night at a park like Epcot, for example, there will literally be tens of THOUSANDS of people all pouring out of a park at the same time. And the fact that there is several options of transportation to get to where you're going, I do think Disney does a fantastic job of disbursing those people and getting them where they need to go fairly quickly, even if on the off-chance you may end up on a crowded bus, and I don't think they are the right comparison to make in this scenario for Magic Mountain.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

Yeah, I think for the number of guests, the number of resorts, and the certain times we boarded buses, they do an EXCELLENT job. I think the longest wait for a bus was 10-15 minutes. And I was totally expecting standing-room only based on what I've read on the internet.

My point was that I wouldn't hesitate to get on a Disney bus, even if it was full.

I was trying to say that I wouldn't even bother getting on a Six Flags bus in California. I hate fighting with people who cut in line, are rude, and ignore you when they know they stole your spot (that's happened at Disneyland on the trams).

It just seems asinine to have a fully-enclosed air-conditioned bus (extra fuel) to transport guests such a short distance. That short walk from the parking lot pales in comparison to the walking you'll do in the park.

Maybe these busses work fine at a smaller location like SFNE, but (and I wish I could find a picture), when you witness the seething mass of humanity that is the SFMM crowd on a summer day, pushing onto a tram that has about 20 openings, it's going to look worse than any "gate lice" I've seen at LAX trying to squeeze into three small doors.

Simple logistics and match tells me that getting 120 people onto a vehicle with 20 openings is going to take significantly less than getting 120 people through three openings. But then again, since when has SFMM really worried about being efficient?

Parks don't use vehicles like this to get people from the parking lots to the entrance for a REASON.

EDIT: I just noticed...there are only TWO doors on those busses!

The Coaster Guy just posted a new update about what appears to be markings for YOLOcoaster's footers. Some of them are placed in odd locations, such as this one beneath Gold Rusher.

? Is Gold rusher leaving or?

Goldrusher is in Full Throttle's announcement video, so it isn't leaving (hopefully). A wild guess is they are using Goldrusher's track as a reference point for construction, but I'm no engineer so who knows.