TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

That is a great point about the licenses for bus drivers.

While yes, the SFMM parking lot is technically Private Property, I can't imagine that with that amount of pedestrians and other cars that they wouldn't need a license to drive those buses.

I also can't imagine me wanting to get on one of them if they don't.

It wouldn't be SFMM if it wasn't an operational nightmare.

The other thing about these buses are that they are sure to require far more training than the current parking lot trams. With how little SFMM pays, i'd be slightly terrified being on a bus driven by an SFMM employee.

We are forgetting the most important issue here...........The amount of trash that will collect inside said buses. I also cringe to think about the odor that will be present after only a few weeks of operation.

That is a great point about the licenses for bus drivers.

While yes, the SFMM parking lot is technically Private Property, I can't imagine that with that amount of pedestrians and other cars that they wouldn't need a license to drive those buses.

I also can't imagine me wanting to get on one of them if they don't.

The lawyer in me says that if they don't go with trained, CDL carrying, drivers SFMM is opening themselves up to an eventual visit from the lawsuit fairy.

Oh this is just so dumb for a massive number of reasons. Does someone at Six Flags headquarters sit around all day and only think of ideas to make their operations worse? This is certainly the sort of idea that would be suggested by someone that has never set foot on SFMM property ever in their life. I can only imagine the horrors of the SFMM crowd loading onto these buses.

Should make for some amusing new cell phone shot videos on YouTube, though...

dt

Does someone at Six Flags headquarters sit around all day and only think of ideas to make their operations worse?

It was already almost faster to walk from the parking lot than take the tram, and the old trams were actually efficient. Call me a pessimist, I don't care, but I just don't see how these busses, with two doors, trying to cram 100+ LA people into them, is going to be MORE efficient then the old trams.

Betting that you'll be able to walk to the front of the park faster than take the bus.

--Robb "There is just something so fitting about the patrons of SFMM being bussed into the park!" Alvey

Honestly if there's a group of people I don't want to be sardine-canned in a bus with it's either SFMM or SFA patrons.

I've walked between the lot and the gate each time I've been to SFMM so far. This just motivates me to keep doing that!

I agree. I never take the trams so it doesn't bother me. But I do feel bad for people with kids and strollers.

The Ski resort I worked at and have been going to for over 20 years has been using similar buses for the past 5+ years. This couldn't possibly be any worse than that.

*shakes head*

*face palm*

*insert any other internet meme here for amazingly stupid thing said that I'm in disbelief over*

I don't get it...

While the clientele may be different your actually much more likely to be stabbed on a ski bus.

Wow I'm surprised to see so many psychics in one place, since so many can see the future disaster of SFMM bus/trams operations can you also see and tell me if an Intamin Giga is in SFMM future and the disaster of operations it will bring if any

It's not called being psychic, it's called being familiar enough with the park, it's operations and it's clientele to be able to make a well-informed guess as to what will occur when these new trams go into service.

Wow I'm surprised to see so many psychics in one place, since so many can see the future disaster of SFMM bus/trams operations can you also see and tell me if an Intamin Giga is in SFMM future and the disaster of operations it will bring if any

It doesn't take a psychic to know what SFMM crowds + a bus can create. Have you ever tried to catch the tram back to the parking lot after a busy day? It's a war zone! Then, when you are on this enclosed bus with 159 of your closest teenage park buddies that smell fantastic (your actual friends weren't able to shove their way through the two doorways on this one, maybe they'll catch the next one), you can shake your head and go 'those TPR guys were right.'

It doesn't take a psychic to know what SFMM crowds + a bus can create. Have you ever tried to catch the tram back to the parking lot after a busy day? It's a war zone! Then, when you are on this enclosed bus with 159 of your closest teenage park buddies that smell fantastic (your actual friends weren't able to shove their way through the two doorways on this one, maybe they'll catch the next one), you can shake your head and go 'those TPR guys were right.'

I am actually wondering if this is going to be a chain wide thing. (like slowly incorperating these "trams" into all of their parks)

The only time I've witnessed a physical fight at a park was at SFMM and it was about getting into the stupid trams. And like others have pointed out, that's with people queuing for each row. With only two bus entrances...yeeesh...yeah good luck.

Oh yawn the record playing of SFMM is a ghetto dump warzone is played out, I've been going to this park for over 20+ years and it is not near bout as bad as you guys make it out to be. Anyways I'm not trying to argue I just think the buses will work out much better then you guys think they will and will be much better then those old smelly slow bumpy trams that they've been using. I guess we all will see how they work out this summer whether it's good or bad