TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm currently at Valencia for the weekend for Six Flags Magic Mountain. The new slingshot's name is "Slingshot", yea, I know very creative...

Anyways, today was Slingshot's first day in operation and it looks pretty nice. Sky Tower has a really bad view of Slingshot which is where most of the pictures of Slingshot are from. I think that Six Flags did a good job on making Slingshot look professional.

About the Full Throttle track pieces, I saw none in the overflow parking.

Also, near Apocalypse, I saw some cylindrical re-bar pieces. Those might be for Full Throttle's footers. SFMM has NOT dug footers yet for Full Throttle.

I'm currently at Valencia for the weekend for Six Flags Magic Mountain. The new slingshot's name is "Slingshot", yea, I know very creative...

Anyways, today was Slingshot's first day in operation and it looks pretty nice. Sky Tower has a really bad view of Slingshot which is where most of the pictures of Slingshot are from. I think that Six Flags did a good job on making Slingshot look professional.

About the YOLOcoaster track pieces, I saw none in the overflow parking.

Also, near Apocalypse, I saw some cylindrical re-bar pieces. Those might be for YOLOcoaster's footers. SFMM has NOT dug footers yet for YOLOcoaster.

Re: slingshot, is that a legit complement or sarcasm. Its hard to tell in this thread anymore.... And did you go on it?

Yes parts of something are sitting in the overflow lot on the "riverside" near parking for J4 right alongside the employee entrance road... and a nice big huge green forklift. So look again tomorrow as didn't look like it was going anywhere soon.

Also, near Apocalypse, I saw some cylindrical re-bar pieces. Those might be for YOLOcoaster's footers. SFMM has NOT dug footers yet for YOLOcoaster.

Re: slingshot, is that a legit complement or sarcasm. Its hard to tell in this thread anymore.... And did you go on it?

I don't go on upcharge attractions, but it looks decent. The pictures make it seem ugly.

Yes parts of something are sitting in the overflow lot on the "riverside" near parking for J4 right alongside the employee entrance road... and a nice big huge green forklift. So look again tomorrow as didn't look like it was going anywhere soon.

I'm going to try to look for it from Sky Tower today. I don't have time to look for it from the parking lot since I'm walking to SFMM from my hotel.

I'm going to try to look for it from Sky Tower today. I don't have time to look for it from the parking lot since I'm walking to SFMM from my hotel.

The view from Sky Tower might not be that great as the parts are very similar in color to the ground and they aren't really huge sweeping pieces. They are rather small pieces of the overall puzzle that might become Throttle.

Looks like there's some off ride footage of SingShot on YouTube already. Looks pretty awesome!

It looks like every other slingshot in the world. I guess if you've never been on one at a carnival or state fair, it's awesome? Maybe?

Well there is always one thing I wondered about Slingshot rides. Now the time nears that I'm getting closer to see one in real life I believe its time to ask it.

Is the first shot like the launch of a shoot 'n drop or something? I don't know the rides seem fun but I'm afraid of them somehow. I want to know are they really scary or should I ride at least one?

Something completely different. Nice to see that there is finally some track over there. I hope they already did something on the footers or els they're going to take too long.

Nice to see that there is finally some track over there. I hope they already did something on the footers or els they're going to take too long.

Well it rained yesterday and it'll probably rain again tomorrow, so they can't build footers until February now.

VIa the coaster guy

This is an upcharge attraction, meaning that it is not included with the price of your park admission. There is an additional fee required to ride it. It costs $30 for a single rider or $40 for two riders. If you are a Season Pass holder, you can get two riders for only $30. Tickets are sold in the Epic Rides gift shop, located just in front of Slingshot.

Seems expenisve, but Isn't that the norm for upcharge rides?

^I remember getting the chance to ride the one at Kings Island back in 2010, and I think I only paid around $15 for a special "ride it now" deal or the price goes up offer. The one at MM is a lot smaller and seems really expensive to me if its $30 for only one rider. I guess if you've never done one I'd pay to ride it too since there really isn't many here in SoCal that I can think of. In regards to Full Throttle, I'm very glad to see some track finally but I'm really looking forward to the vertical construction....sometime next year.