TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ Why is it a temporary installment, though? Admittedly, I haven't been following this thread religiously, but I was assuming this thing would stick around for a while.

could be that if it fails (or gets very little $$$$ generated) they can take it down and use the land for something else?

Premier Rides

First pieces of FT getting shipped out so they can sit in the overflow lot for 5 months.......

I would think that the delay (if you call it that) would NOT be SFMM fault this time, if the parts are just being shipped out now. Right?

Um, they don't even have footers poured yet...even if they had all the track pieces on site, they wouldn't be able to do anything with them. So feel to explain to me who's fault it is?

Premier Rides

First pieces of FT getting shipped out so they can sit in the overflow lot for 5 months.......

I would think that the delay (if you call it that) would NOT be SFMM fault this time, if the parts are just being shipped out now. Right?

Um, they don't even have footers poured yet...even if they had all the track pieces on site, they wouldn't be able to do anything with them. So feel to explain to me who's fault it is?

Who's fault what is?

^YOSLO?

I'm kinda surprised they havent droped the YOLO tagline yet... maybe YOLOcoaster will end up being YOLOcoaster - The YOLOCoaster

I thought SFMM did, its not in the promo video

It still say's "You Only Live Once" at the beginning. Give them a break though, it's not like they've been marketing theme park attractions for 51 years or anything...

Who's fault what is?

They are referring to whether a delay in opening would be SFMM's or Premier's fault.

Give them a break though, it's not like they've been marketing theme park attractions for 51 years or anything....

And look how good of a job they're doing!!!

Isn't SFMM one of their bigger money makers in the whole chain?

From my recollection, It trails SFDK, SFFT, SFoT, and SFGAdv.

I'm going to give the park a pass on the ride's marketing mainly because even if we hate it, it's working if people are talking about it.

Which in the advertising world is all that matters. Those annoying ad's you hear on tv that get stuck in your head? They did their job....

Does anyone know if SFMM's profits and attendance have been going down majorly? If so, do think the park will close if it continues? If that happened, we'd lose a large amount of rides built specifically for the park, or have them standing SBNO for a while...

Does anyone know if SFMM's profits and attendance have been going down majorly? If so, do think the park will close if it continues? If that happened, we'd lose a large amount of rides built specifically for the park, or have them standing SBNO for a while...

I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt SF will close SFMM

Give them a break though, it's not like they've been marketing theme park attractions for 51 years or anything....

And look how good of a job they're doing!!!

Isn't SFMM one of their bigger money makers in the whole chain?

From my recollection, It trails SFDK, SFFT, SFoT, and SFGAdv.

I think the parks they get the most profit from are SFMM, SFGAdv., and SFGAm, those are their flagship parks. I also highly doubt SF will close SFMM to the person who said that. that is the most ridiculous rumor ever, that is like CF closing down CP. SFMM is the top thrill park in the world. Does anyone know about the construction update on YOLOcoaster btw?

^Flag Ship doesn't always mean huge profit. I know when I worked at SFDK, we were 3rd in the chain for Season Pass sales (behind SFMM and SFGAdv) and that we were the park with the highest profits thanks to variety of animal and theme park merch, added experiences like Dolphin Swims and Elephant Rides, and various other things. Size of the park doesn't always mean largest profits. Don't forget the more rides you build means more staff you have to hire to operate and maintain as well as more spent on parts and upkeep.

^Flag Ship doesn't always mean huge profit. I know when I worked at SFDK, we were 3rd in the chain for Season Pass sales (behind SFMM and SFGAdv) and that we were the park with the highest profits thanks to variety of animal and theme park merch, added experiences like Dolphin Swims and Elephant Rides, and various other things. Size of the park doesn't always mean largest profits. Don't forget the more rides you build means more staff you have to hire to operate and maintain as well as more spent on parts and upkeep.

that is true, but I'm pretty sure SFMM will not be closed, although I do remember hearing it was up for sale before during 2006. Like I said, SFMM is the top-thrill park in the world, and I doubt that a park that's getting a world-record breaking coaster next year will close down anytime soon.