TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm going to SFMM on Friday so I hope operations are great and the crowds are non existent due to "Black Friday!"

It will actually probably be pretty busy.

Well I tell you if today was any indication of what might be ahead for Friday's crowd ... it will be crowded.

Today (Thurs Thanksgiving Day) crowd came early ... nice quite crowd but more crowded then Mon, Tues & Wed combined.

I'm going to SFMM on Friday so I hope operations are great and the crowds are non existent due to "Black Friday!"

Well I tell you if today was any indication of what might be ahead for Friday's crowd ... it will be crowded.

Today (Thurs Thanksgiving Day) crowd came early ... nice quite crowd but more crowded then Mon, Tues & Wed combined.

Yea. I was there Today (thanksgivings). I was surprised it was so busy.

Yea. I was there Today (thanksgivings). I was surprised it was so busy.

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm heading out in about an hour and a half so I'll let you know when I come back how things went. Thank again everyone!

It might be the tourists (*gasp*) that might be the reason why SFMM was so busy on Thanksgiving. Usually, locals stay at home with their families on Thanksgiving Day.

I don't know people seemed to show up in hoards. Traveling around like large groups of zombies and messing up lines by trying to get the whole groups onto the same roller coaster.

I don't know how Crazy's day was but I was there today and it was pretty crowded again.

By mid-afternoon the third section of the parking lot was about a quarter full. Tatsu's queue was completely full for a good amount of the afternoon. Ninja's line went up the stairs... Superman's line was to the building entrance. I saw Lex Luthor get up to 45 minutes. The line for Colossus went out the entrance at one point... Scream's was about halfway up the stairs. I don't know how long Riddler has been running one train, but I never saw it running more than one today. Around 3pm it had a 90 minute wait.

In short, for anyone thinking Black Friday would make it a light day.. au contraire, mon frère.

Yeah even as I was at SFDK yesterday I peeked at the SFMM lines and I'm glad I was at the park I was at yesterday! Riddler's is always like that, never has more than one train regardless of conditions..even if theres 5 min waits everywhere else in the park it will be 20 for riddlers not only because of the 1 train but also because of the bafflingly lackadaisical loading operations.

I don't know how Crazy's day was but I was there today and it was pretty crowded again.

By mid-afternoon the third section of the parking lot was about a quarter full. Tatsu's queue was completely full for a good amount of the afternoon. Ninja's line went up the stairs... Superman's line was to the building entrance. I saw Lex Luthor get up to 45 minutes. The line for Colossus went out the entrance at one point... Scream's was about halfway up the stairs. I don't know how long Riddler has been running one train, but I never saw it running more than one today. Around 3pm it had a 90 minute wait.

In short, for anyone thinking Black Friday would make it a light day.. au contraire, mon frère.

Compare to other days I've been to the park, this one wasn't so bad. It wasn't easy breezy but it was tolerable. The longest line for us was X2 with a 40-45 min wait. Viper was 5 mins, Revolution 20 mins, Tatsu 25 mins, Ninja 20 mins, Drop of Doom 25 mins, Green Lantern 20 mins, Goliath 10 mins and Batman was a walk on. It wasn't a bad day for us in terms of waiting times and I would go again on Black Friday without any hesitation.

I'll make this post to the point.

I still haven't used my 4 VIP passes I won from the state farm contest in 2010 to either go to SFDK or SFMM. This has been nothing but a logistical nightmare for two years now and it's been clear my best friend can't even go at all and I missed the chance to use them during summer.

So long story short I'm using them on Dec 8th at Magic Mountain for sure. My dad's cousin and his son might come with us to the park to round off the 3rd and 4th pass, frankly I don't even care I haven't been to a theme park since before nov 2010 now.

I'm just hoping X2, tatsu, Goliath (which I never rode yet), Lex and Superman will be open. I know the water rides will likely be shut down but meh to those anyhow.

I'll make this post to the point.

I still haven't used my 4 VIP passes I won from the state farm contest in 2010 to either go to SFDK or SFMM. This has been nothing but a logistical nightmare for two years now and it's been clear my best friend can't even go at all and I missed the chance to use them during summer.

So long story short I'm using them on Dec 8th at Magic Mountain for sure. My dad's cousin and his son might come with us to the park to round off the 3rd and 4th pass, frankly I don't even care I haven't been to a theme park since before nov 2010 now.

I'm just hoping X2, tatsu, Goliath (which I never rode yet), Lex and Superman will be open. I know the water rides will likely be shut down but meh to those anyhow.

Just sent you a PM Fire2Box-

I will be finally getting to the park that day as well. Really looking forward to the trip & hope the weather/crowds are good to us!