TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

That is pretty bad. Knowing SFMM I bet they are only using one side of the station.

That's exactly what you're seeing. People see lines and instantly think "popularity" when they're really seeing the result of the ride's capacity, or lack thereof. In this case, only using one loading area, two trains, and an absurdly long load/unload time, leads to an extremely low capacity and very long wait times.

"Key Club day," is actually called Fall Rally South. Very very fun event to attend if you're a Key Clubber. I was only able to get in 1 ride yesterday The crowds are HUGE, and unless you like screaming high school kids decked out in spirit gear, then I wouldn't recommend going on the day of Fall Rally lol

I think that is the most crowded I have seen SFMM

It's been far worse. I remember the days of '94 and '95 when the parking lot across Feedmill (which was bigger than because a large amount of it fell in the wash during El Nino) was completely full and people were parking on the road leading into the toll gate and down on the Old Road and tram service had to be stopped because the ticket booth lines went all the way to the toll road.

I have a question for anyone who's been to SFMM - I'm planning a trip to MM sometime in 2013... but I want to time it for when after Full T. opens (likely early June, when kids are finishing school). How busy does the park get on a weekday assuming kids are out for summer? What kind of wait times would I be looking at? Thanks!

With it being SFMM, I wouldn't assume Full Throttle opening up by early June. Both Green Lantern and LL:DOD didn't open until July. Hopefully this will be more like Terminator/Apocalypse which did open before Memorial Weekend.

As far when to go, if it's open, weekdays in EARLY June should be good times to go. IF it happens to open any earlier than that, weekdays in May are the absolute PERFECT times to go to the park. The park basically stays open daily from Spring Break (late April) until Labor Day. You will sometimes get some schools on those random May weekdays, but more than likely you will find a pretty empty park.

But I wouldn't count on Full Throttle being open by then.