TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^^

It's a funny show just sometimes the jokes are really annoying IMO.

Its fun watching people fail spectacularly.

Yes, yes it is!!

Wipeout is filmed about 10 miles from SFMM near the 14 and Sand Canyon at Sable Ranch (25948 sand canyon rd Santa Clarita, CA 91387) just google it and see the sets when you zoom in real tight. Map To Wipeout set

Hey guys! i'm from Sweden and im going to visit Magic Mountain soon.. i'm just wondering about a thing.

Im thinking of going there Saturday 3 of november, do you guys think that there will be a lof of people there that day? Because im considering buying a flash pass for me and my brother, because we want to ride all the roller coaster and hopefully some of them more than once.

So, what do you guys think? Should i get the flash pass? or will i be fine without it?

thanks!

^^ It's a Saturday so I doubt it will be dead, but you probably won't need a flash pass just to get through the day unless you have an abnormally high intolerance for long queues like I do I'm going on Sunday 10/21 and I'm expecting a similar crowd..busy due to Fright Fest but not crazy. I'm still getting a gold flash pass even though I could probably do without, and I may splurge on an X2 reservation if I'm not able to sneak a couple rides in in the morning before the line gets long.

Speaking of X2..I've heard many people say (And I've seen that it happens) that the X2 line all but disappears at around 4:30 in the afternoon on a lot of days, but I'm curious why that happens.

Speaking of X2..I've heard many people say (And I've seen that it happens) that the X2 line all but disappears at around 4:30 in the afternoon on a lot of days, but I'm curious why that happens.

I run to X-2 in the morning. Then I go to Tatsu. Later in the day I check the lines for Tatsu for a second ride. Then I'll go on Viper. From Vipers hill I take a look at the line for X-2. If it's not too long and they are running two trains, then yes you can get in at 30 to 60 mins.

I run to X-2 in the morning. Then I go to Tatsu. Later in the day I check the lines for Tatsu for a second ride. Then I'll go on Viper. From Vipers hill I take a look at the line for X-2. If it's not too long and they are running two trains, then yes you can get in at 30 to 60 mins.

Right I do that as well but Im talking about later in the day when it will often drop down to 10-15 minutes at about 4:30pm. Last time I was there a lady passed out on the ride at about 4:00 and they shut it down for testing so I didn't get to see this first hand.

Right I do that as well but Im talking about later in the day when it will often drop down to 10-15 minutes at about 4:30pm. Last time I was there a lady passed out on the ride at about 4:00 and they shut it down for testing so I didn't get to see this first hand.

I'll make it a habit to check at 4:30 from now on.

I can't believe people still run to X2 in the morning. The line will die down to 30 minutes or less at around 4:30 in the afternoon. The only real explanation is they actually been doing really well on dispatches and the back of the park is significantly more crowded that time of day, so no one is in the front riding X2.

I'm wondering what sort of overzealous stupid rule Six Flags will now institute after this kid fell off the slide.

The actual facts of what happened will have to come out first. News reports had witness accounts that contradicted what SFMM's spokeswoman stated. The circumstances surrounding how he got up there and what SFHH employees did or did not do to stop him will be key.

I can't believe people still run to X2 in the morning. The line will die down to 30 minutes or less at around 4:30 in the afternoon. The only real explanation is they actually been doing really well on dispatches and the back of the park is significantly more crowded that time of day, so no one is in the front riding X2.

Thanks I was wondering if it was really that simple. I'll still run in the morning so I can get a couple rides then on top of the rides in the afternoon..I'll take as many X2 rides as I can get!