TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^^^ Actually, with enough rain the hills behind SFMM can be green. Doesn't happen too often, but it does happen.

You are correct sir! A few years ago I was there and it was green like the painting. I then went to Phoenix and the same thing. It made for a great fire season I'll bet.

Went to the park today, it was crowded and hot. Didn't even ride anything. Just wanted to give everyone the heads up, they're doing a Nissan event where you can test drive a Nissan car and get $15 in Bugs Bunny Bucks that can be used on anything in the park. The funny thing is the process goes as follows:

1) Enter information into a computer

2) Receive a Wristband

3) Go inside a trailer that has fancy demostration computers.

4) Pick the car you want to test drive.

5) Receive you Bunny Bucks

6) Go wait outside until your car is ready to test drive

Guess which step we skipped? Once we receive the bunny bucks we went into the park. Skipped the whole test driving. They're foolish, they should give you the bucks AFTER you test drive. Wife and I got $30 to spend in the park...woo hoo!

Went to the park today, it was crowded and hot. Didn't even ride anything. Just wanted to give everyone the heads up, they're doing a Nissan event where you can test drive a Nissan car and get $15 in Bugs Bunny Bucks that can be used on anything in the park. The funny thing is the process goes as follows:

1) Enter information into a computer

2) Receive a Wristband

3) Go inside a trailer that has fancy demostration computers.

4) Pick the car you want to test drive.

5) Receive you Bunny Bucks

6) Go wait outside until your car is ready to test drive

Guess which step we skipped? Once we receive the bunny bucks we went into the park. Skipped the whole test driving. They're foolish, they should give you the bucks AFTER you test drive. Wife and I got $30 to spend in the park...woo hoo!

I'm doing the same thing. Thanks for the tip.

ABC7 Eyewitness News ‏@ABC7

THIS JUST IN: Officials say accident has happened at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor in Valencia; circumstances/victim's condition unknown

UPDATE: LA County fire officials say someone was transported to a local hospital after falling at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor

CBS Los Angeles ‏@CBSLA

DEVELOPING: Fire officials report that someone has fallen from the #BlackSnake ride at #SixFlags Hurricane Harbor.

twitter people are saying someone fell off one of the slides

https://twitter.com/i/#!/search/realtime/Hurricane%20Harbor

Edited by bostonlva

UPDATE:

UPDATE: Six Flags Hurricane Harbor spokeswoman says man cut line, went head first instead feet first, fell off slide half way down

GP was being an idiot it seems

VALENCIA (KTLA) -- A man was transported to the hospital after falling from a water slide at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor on Sunday.

The adult male muscled his way up the 75-foot-high slide, called Black Snake Summit, and cut and passed other people in line, according to spokeswoman Sue Carpenter.

He then went down the slide head first on his stomach even though protocol is to go down feet first on the back. He was not cleared to go down the slide by lifeguards.

The male fell off the slide about halfway down. He was alert and conscious when he was transported.

The victim's condition is unknown.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-six-flags-hurricane-fall,0,3112890,print.story

Crazy. The 2 straight down body slides get me thinking so much when i'm there that how have not more people fallen off this.

Because if you follow the instructions, gravity makes that impossible.

Wow, can't believe some people. He was asking for it so let him handle the repercussions.

And he'll probably still sue Six Flags.

...and he'll most likely lose if he does. The lifeguards did not clear him to go, and I'd bet that there's plenty of signage around saying to slide down feet first on his back. He probably would have hit the person in front of him at the bottom of the slide if he went a few seconds earlier than he did as well.

I feel sorry for the park since they're now going to have to deal with the negative publicity from this incident. I don't fell sorry for the guy because, in my opinion, if you do something stupid and hurt yourself it is entirely your fault. Hopefully this doesn't cause Hurricane Harbor too many problems, as it doesn't sound like they are at fault in this case.

I feel sorry for the park since they're now going to have to deal with the negative publicity from this incident. I don't fell sorry for the guy because, in my opinion, if you do something stupid and hurt yourself it is entirely your fault. Hopefully this doesn't cause Hurricane Harbor too many problems, as it doesn't sound like they are at fault in this case.

This exactly. I'm sure I'll be hearing more about this on Facebook, at School, etc. I really hope Six Flags doesn't get the short end of the stick on this one.

It doesn't matter if the man was at fault or not. The general public will view this as an accident at an amusement park...Which is never good P.R. for an amusement park.

The GP can sniff out an idiot. This sounds like a case of the karma. Man should be thankful to still have his life.

That'll teach him not jump jump into situations head on.

Too soon?

Where's the thumbs up button?