TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

That seems way too packed. It wasn't even quite that bad on Saturday. X2 peaked at about 100 minutes but was down to 20 by 4 PM. Tatsu was 40-45 all day. Lex was 30-45 all day, same with Lantern. I would guess it will still be empty. Last Sunday there was a Keyes Automotive picnic and the place was still deader than dead. I would guess that X2 will top out around 40 min and same with Tatsu, with X2 dropping to almost walk on and Tatsu dropping to around 20 for the rest of the day. Everything else being near walk on. I would guess Lex and Lantern being about 20 min each and Goliath being walk on all day. Just my guess..

That seems way too packed. It wasn't even quite that bad on Saturday. X2 peaked at about 100 minutes but was down to 20 by 4 PM. Tatsu was 40-45 all day. Lex was 30-45 all day, same with Lantern. I would guess it will still be empty. Last Sunday there was a Keyes Automotive picnic and the place was still deader than dead. I would guess that X2 will top out around 40 min and same with Tatsu, with X2 dropping to almost walk on and Tatsu dropping to around 20 for the rest of the day. Everything else being near walk on. I would guess Lex and Lantern being about 20 min each and Goliath being walk on all day. Just my guess..

On a normal Sunday Id agree with you, but on bring a friend day we shall see. Tatsu can certainly vary, especially if the ops are on point.

On a normal Sunday Id agree with you, but on bring a friend day we shall see. Tatsu can certainly vary, especially if the ops are on point.

There has been 5 days before this coming bring a friend on select Sundays so i'm sure alot of people used it already. I have been 7 times since the end of March all on weekdays purposely since I hate waiting in line. But i'll take a shot at it this Sunday. Does anyone use the Ride Hopper App that you can download on phones? I used it the last time I was there. Would be cool if more of us did that so we can see how long the lines are just by going on your phone.

^ I use the ride hopper app all the time, even when I'm not at the park just to see how busy it is that day. Of the CA parks, SFMM certainly gets the most updates, but I also find the most false reports too (usually over inflated estimates for Tatsu and/or X2, ie 120 when it's really 60-90, either because people are mad or take a look at the line and guess wrong). I just noticed when I was at SFDK the other day that it now has a "check in" feature so you can click check in when you get in line and then check out when you're about to board so that it submits an accurate time.

The GPS feature is nice too, you can only submit reports when you're actually in the park. I tried submitting from the Carls Jr across the street from SFDK (which actuallyis maybe a couple hundred feet as the crow flies from Medusa) and it refused and said I wasn't at the park, so it's pretty accurate.

I think you're right that Sunday will be less busy than previous bring-a-friend Sundays, I just think it will still be busier than a typical Sunday, but not out of hand. Just my guess.

I quite enjoyed this. I thought it was funny that the reporter wasn't too impressed with the ride, saying, "Despite its size, it still cannot hold a candle to a good steel loop roller coaster."

This just in: your new wooden roller coaster sucks. I'm Ron Burgundy. Stay classy.

I wonder if anyone went to the GLBT party tonight. I wonder how crowded it was.

Parking lot had almost lots 1 & 2 full not sure how many cars that would be. Seemed like most cars had 2-6 people in them so perhaps they had around 6,000 in the park. But this is just a guess.

This may be the very first example of the commonly stated and very annoying phrase, "this sucks because it doesn't go upside down"!

Maybe THAT's why SFMM never invested in another airtime machine.

This is why So Cal deserved Full Throttle and nothing better.

This may be the very first example of the commonly stated and very annoying phrase, "this sucks because it doesn't go upside down"!

"Nitro can't hold a candle to Son of Beast, it has no loops." "Son of Beast is 100X better!"

That reported had such narrow-minded views.

While looking at the renders for the ride, I've noticed a few things.

1. Since the height of the "loop" is 160' above ground, how big is the "loop" itself without counting the clerance below? Would this still be the largest loop without counting the clerance beneath it. SFMM is smart to make their coasters over drop off's to add the extra height. The same for The Rattler when it opened.

2. Is the height of the "loop"160'? Or the "Top Hat"(:roll:) ?

I find it ironic that after nearly 40 years, Colossus is probably on it's way to becoming one of those "steel looping things".

I find it ironic that after nearly 40 years, Colossus is probably on it's way to becoming one of those "steel looping things".

Whats a steel looping thing?

I'm going to Magic Mountain tomorrow Wed. 9/26/2012. If the Skytower is open. I'll try and take some pictures from up there, even though I'm terrified of heights and the Skytower is almost 400 ft. It does have a great overhead view of the park.

My fav attraction by far. Just try to notice that the elevator is working prior to heading up the hill as they seem to only have 1 person working the attraction. So if its at the top with guests it might be upwards of 10/15 minutes before it returns to the bottom to make pick ups. So it might appear/be closed unless you saw the lift working.

Also heads up for this Saturday the 29th as the park looks like it has private party Sat night and will close to the public at 6:00pm.