TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Great to hear SFMM running one train on one of their premier rides during one of the busiest days of the year!

I don't think they had an excuse for running one on Revolution. On Riddler they only have 2 and one was in rehab.. So they're stuck with 1. At Scream it looked like they were only running 1 because the other 2 were in rehab. One looked to be taken apart by row and totally rehabbed and the other one looked like it would be that way soon with some of the OTSRs and plastic pieces removed. Glad to see a Scream rehab!!!!

The park was managing the day better than I expected. I mean, when cars are parked in the dirt, how can you only way 2 or 3 trains for Goliath? It was really strange. At least they had their major rides (X2, Tatsu, Goliath, Superman, Lex Luthor) running at full capacity. Oh, and all the employees were really polite! It was a nice change. No sign of Bonnie, Tim, or Neal all day though.

I'll be impressed once they can consistently run both stations on Tatsu. In all the times I have seen a huge line for that ride, I have seen them run both stations exactly twice past opening. Once, it was during the week after the normal schedule spring break (when the park was not even crowded), and once over winter break of last year (this was get nice, with the overflowing queue). However, I have never seen it run three trains. Once they can get three trains running on Goliath, Tatsu, and X2, and dispatch Riddler's Revenge in under 60 seconds when thy have to run one train, I'll be impressed. One can only dream...

^^ X2 with three trains would be worse than two-train operations. The block set up would actually cut capacity IIRC. Two-trains is fine because the employees actually hustled (at least when I was there) to get the trains out on time before the timer got to zero. Two trains also allows one train to always be rehabbed.

I am kind of bummed that it looks like supports will be going on top of the Superman plaza. It does not seem like it would be that much of a support problem to just put supports on either side of the plaza. Also I wonder how ugly the plaza will be with FT crossing over because since it is going over something where people walk it will probably need nets which will look rather ugly.

I am kind of bummed that it looks like supports will be going on top of the Superman plaza. It does not seem like it would be that much of a support problem to just put supports on either side of the plaza. Also I wonder how ugly the plaza will be with FT crossing over because since it is going over something where people walk it will probably need nets which will look rather ugly.

Look at the announcement video again. It will look like that.

Look at the announcement video again. It will look like that.

Go to thecoasterguy.com's website and look at his latest trip report. You will notice that their are markers on the midway. Plus announcement videos are known for just giving the basics of the ride so FL will probably not be exactly what you see in the video.

It shows the supports in the Superman plaza in the announcement video.

I like how they find a way to shut down Superman for one reason or another every off-season. It would seem weird just seeing Lex Luthor going up on the tower by itself with no superman.

^^^^ Wow, no sign of "the Ice Queen" mixing with the customers. There's a surprise.

Yeah, because one person didn't see her in the park on his visit...that must mean she was avoiding the park. It couldn't possibly be that the odds are very much against one person being in the same area of a crowded amusement park at the same time as someone else throughout the day...

Edited by Jew

Sunday was a great day to be at Magic Mountain. Waits were minimal and everything was open. I even noticed that the black slides at Hurricane Harbor were open again. This was the first time since 2003 that I turned right after entering the park, and it was an EXCELLENT strategy, at least if you don't mind waiting for Tatsu later in the day. We rode Drop of Doom, then Green Lantern, then Superman without any waits the whole time, since the back of the park takes forever to saturate with people. The opening of Full Throttle will solidify the strategy of going right first as the optimum way to start the day at Magic Mountain.

This is the specific order I'd recommend following if you want to ride everything: Drop of Doom -> Green Lantern -> go up the back of the mountain -> Superman -> Ninja (since there's no line, go for front row seats) -> go down the mountain by Tatsu, check the Tatsu line and decide if it's worth riding it then -> Apocalypse -> Riddler's Revenge -> Batman -> Goliath, Scream and Colossus (order doesn't matter) -> Go around riding the rides you missed like Revolution and Viper because they rarely have lines, but continuously check the line for X (it can be done from the batwing of Viper if you keep a close eye) because it tends to shrink dramatically in the afternoon. The same goes for Tatsu to a lesser extent.

Magic Mountain will soon look like a like a bowl of spaghetti with coasters overlapping all over the place, since this parks objective is to squeeze as many coasters in this park as possible

It's been a bowl of spaghetti since they built Tatsu.

I always go to X2 first. I can get to the park at 10:15 and without discover can usually get onto the first train of X2. Just run really really fast.on Saturday I was near the back of the pack to go in and they were having trouble with my pass (it wouldn't scan; all the numbers had to be entered in) but I still got on like the 4th or 5th train. Only waiting about 10 minutes (from the bottom of the steps). By the time I was out, the line was on the bridge.

Sunday was a great day to be at Magic Mountain. Waits were minimal and everything was open. I even noticed that the black slides at Hurricane Harbor were open again. This was the first time since 2003 that I turned right after entering the park, and it was an EXCELLENT strategy, at least if you don't mind waiting for Tatsu later in the day. We rode Drop of Doom, then Green Lantern, then Superman without any waits the whole time, since the back of the park takes forever to saturate with people. The opening of Full Throttle will solidify the strategy of going right first as the optimum way to start the day at Magic Mountain.

This is the specific order I'd recommend following if you want to ride everything: Drop of Doom -> Green Lantern -> go up the back of the mountain -> Superman -> Ninja (since there's no line, go for front row seats) -> go down the mountain by Tatsu, check the Tatsu line and decide if it's worth riding it then -> Apocalypse -> Riddler's Revenge -> Batman -> Goliath, Scream and Colossus (order doesn't matter) -> Go around riding the rides you missed like Revolution and Viper because they rarely have lines, but continuously check the line for X (it can be done from the batwing of Viper if you keep a close eye) because it tends to shrink dramatically in the afternoon. The same goes for Tatsu to a lesser extent.

Almost went on Sunday...glad to see it was slow. I am going this Sunday most likely and will use that bring a friend which has 9/23 as one of the days. It shouldn't be that much more crowded because of the selected free day since there have been days before that people could have used it right?