TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

The color scheme was not the best choice for Six Flags... just wait for all the people getting in line for Revolution instead of Full Throttle.

Seriously, I don't see the GP being that stupid. They know the difference between attractions. That's like saying they would confuse X2 with Viper since they both have red track and are right next to eachother.

Want to be one of the first ever to check in at the top of a moving roller coaster? Not just at the coaster. Not in line. Actually at the top, right before plunging 255 feet on Goliath. Get your special wristband at the line entrance from 1-5 pm all weekend (Monday too!) and experience Wheat Thins Boldest Check-In!
Interesting..wonder how that works.

LOL! It makes it sound like they are encouraging people to bring their cell phones on the ride and "check in" at the top of the lift!

I was meaning to ask about that... I still can't figure out what the "promotion" is!

And yes it exactly sounds like they want people to take out their cell phones and check in right before the drop... I don't get it!

Well, this Full Throttle looks cool, unique but not anything great. Especially with all the hype of some epic length record, terrain, Maverick shaming coaster.

Still, I'm going next year and at least there's yet another cred waiting for me.

Such wild rumors. This coaster turned out to be a complete opposite of all the wild rumors. Just another coaster thrown together for MM's bragging. Seems like maverick never had nothing to worry about.

Well, this Full Throttle looks cool, unique but not anything great. Especially with all the hype of some epic length record, terrain, Maverick shaming coaster.

Still, I'm going next year and at least there's yet another cred waiting for me.

To be fair, SFMM never hinted at any of those crazy rumors. Longest coaster? In what universe would Six Flags spend that kind of money on one coaster?

Maverick-like terrain? Simply a fanboy dream. Magic Mountain hasn't built that kind of ride since Revolution!

Top 10 terrain hugging "airtime machine"? I laughed every time I heard that. What park were people talking about again?

I think I like Full Throttle more than most because I never set myself up for that kind of disappointment.

What was the capacity of the logs? Seems like a major capacity downgrade.

Im also worried this roller coaster is going to hurt the lushness of the hill.

As for themeing:

A lot of the roller coaster is straight from the survey.

Im thinking the backwards launch in the tunnel has to do with some kind of theme, maybe even an earthquake.

IE: Tunnel is filled with fog. Train rushes in, stops. Noise + water make it seem like tunnel is collapsing, so train rushes out backwards.

Onboard audio "we have no choice, we have to break through....YOLO!"

Rush into the tunnel getting sprayed with water to simulate breaking through a wall.

If there will be a new theme area, would be great to see some flat rides, something interactive light the toy story shooting ride (lights! sounds! energy!) and then something like indiana jones or spiderman 4d.

And naturally, the theme concludes with the building of the worlds first fully underground roller coaster, which is 90% dark. Some kind of mine/rock and roll ride. Donkey Kong country theme perhaps? Look for it in 2215.

YOLO, seriously? I would expect to hear YOLO from middle schoolers NOT from people who went to college and got business degrees.YOLO doesn't mean that you do things that you want to do while throwing caution out the window. It is actually something that shouldn't be discussed on here.

SFMM said it once in that horrible video. It's been repeated here over a hundred times. :/

Seems to me whatever they were trying to do worked!

exactly. Go ask those people who make the most annoying commercials (like free credit report.com)'

First rule in advertising, if they make you talk about it, they have succeeded in their work

When I booked my vacation I made of the mistake thinking that SFMM will be open on weekdays in September. : ( The good news is I can still go to the park. Unfortunately, I will only have from 10:30AM to 4:00PM to visit the park on Saturday September 15th. Do guys/gals recommended a platinum or gold pass for the day? I'm trying to avoid a Platinum pass if I can help it. I'm wondering if I will have enough time for re-rides with a gold pass.

When I booked my vacation I made of the mistake thinking that SFMM will be open on weekdays in September. : ( The good news is I can still go to the park. Unfortunately, I will only have from 10:30AM to 4:00PM to visit the park on Saturday September 15th. Do guys/gals recommended a platinum or gold pass for the day? I'm trying to avoid a Platinum pass if I can help it. I'm wondering if I will have enough time for re-rides with a gold pass.

Everyone I've heard get the gold says they get rides just as fast as the platinum, the only difference with the platinum is the reride. (And I believe you need the platinum to buy the $10 X2 line skips)

Everyone I've heard get the gold says they get rides just as fast as the platinum, the only difference with the platinum is the reride. (And I believe you need the platinum to buy the $10 X2 line skips)

$10 line skips?

$10 line skips?

Kennywood: Magic Mountain

September 15th will be insanely busy but a gold should be ok. If I were you, so that you don't have to pay an additional $15 per person per ride, I would run to X2 right when the park opens and get on. Then go get your flash pass. Lex Luthor will also have a $15 upcharge per person per ride but it is only available on Platinum. Use the Single Rider line to ride more quickly. Anything else you should be able to get on pretty quick. I actually like the gold better than the platinum on a shorter day because when I have the platinum I feel forced to ride twice in a row, which takes up more time. Gold should be ok.

Gold will be good enough. You will not be able to reserve rides on Lex Luthor, and may not be able to do so on Green Lantern (it used to be restricted to Platinum but I heard it changed after Lex Luthor opened). Since both of those rides require a separate fee and I believe they have single rider lines, it isn't really worth reserving them anyway. Also, you may want to ride X2 first thing in the morning because it is $15 per reservation regardless of which Flash Pass you have, and it may be better to avoid that. Gold will get you on everything, and you'll have time for re-rides (although not much...SFMM is so big it takes at least four hours just to do everything once even with a Flash Pass). Platinum will just cause annoyance from those in line behind you, and it doesn't get you on enough additional attractions to justify the extra cost.