TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm a little late to the conversation here but, the thing I'm most excited about for Full Throttle is the fact that I get to ride a Premier. I've barely been on a handful of older generation Premiers so it'll be nice to check out the newer gen of their rides. It's got some cool gimmicks but, as was said before, I don't think those gimmicks will in anyway be powerful enough to make this a flagship ride at the park.

I like the Premier coasters, too--especcially the Mr. Freeze rides in Texas and Missouri. So, I'm glad that they decided to go with one for Magic Mountain. But I understand the concerns of others over the ride's potential capacity.

^ In general, there rides are very smooth, very fast and in my opinion very creative and intense....there is nothing like riding Mr Freeze or Poltergeist...with only lap bars, especially

I've always said that Premier is like the "American Intamin" in that they get really creative and different with their rides. I would MUCH rather have a Premier coaster doing some bizarre-ass crazy stuff, than a cookie-cutter boring B&M.

I'm hoping this ride will take a lot of people by surprise.

I just only wish it had the capacity of a cookie-cutter, boring B&M, but that's another discussion...

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

This will be my first Premier too.

As others have said, if this ride is as good as Mr. Freeze people are going to be thrilled. I think the ride is going to have shockingly long lines at time due to capacity issues, however beyond that I think the ride is going to be very popular.

As much as I liked SkyRocket at Kennywood, these new Premeir trains are AWFUL! I liked the Mr. Freeze/FOF/Poltergeist trains much better. The new trains have those awful shin guards that I thought were going to break my shins with the crazy airtime SR had. Then the seats are about 3 inches from the seat in front of you and they are just not that comfortable at all. It was very hard to get in and out of the seats because of the restraints bolted into the floor. I wish they would go back to the old trains!

I'm actually really excited about the ride. You definitely can't say it's not unique and it looks like at least some of it follows the terrain.

One thing that I'm slightly disappointed about is that it looks like that beautiful lagoon is gone. I could've sworn that there was talk of them bringing the lagoon back.

Based on the concept art on the website, it looks like the trains may have been redone using "over the shoulder" lap bars similar to the Mack trains and SkyRush instead of the previous method of attaching it from below... or it could be crappy Six Flags artwork using a shot of DDD for the 2x3 train look. How are the Superman restraints attached at SFDK?

Even though I'm 6' 1", I didn't have a problem with the Sky Rocket trains at all. Granted, I looked up beforehand which seats to avoid if you're tall. But then shouldn't that advice be the same for all new Premier trains in this style?

Based on the concept art on the website, it looks like the trains may have been redone using "over the shoulder" lap bars similar to the Mack trains and SkyRush instead of the previous method of attaching it from below... or it could be crappy Six Flags artwork using a shot of DDD for the 2x3 train look. How are the Superman restraints attached at SFDK?

If you are referring to the image of the people updside down, that was a picture of SFOG's Dark Devil Dive. They used the same/a similar image to advertise Superman Ultimate Flight at SFDK.

It also looks like this will be heavily using Premier new Double Spine Track.

Im not complaining (because any new coaster to ride excites me, regardless) BUT after watching the POV it does seems that SFMM rushed this and just built it just to add another coaster to their coaster count. It seems they could of put the LJ space to better use then what we get with Full Throttle, but whatever. I will still ride it. SFMM getting lazy???

I got the same feeling. They should have waited a way, added to the water park and build a better coaster.

^ I think that was more of a cost saving thing than a "We have a ride coming soon" thing.

I'm sure when they closed Log Jammer this ride was in development, no question. But they could have conceivably kept Log Jammer open until now but they didn't because the ride cost a LOT to operate and maintain.

I this project looks great. I actually am a fan of the backwards section, especially if it changes effects in the tunnels for each time the train enters. Those who don't see any appreciation in it, I would say: it's better than the ride ending sooner and it's going to catch a lot of people by surprise.

I can see the view now, Revolution's loop setting the foreground for Full Throttle's giant 160' loop, it's going to look magnificent!

So which backwards launch will be better, Full Throttle's or Gatekeeper's? /sarcasm

I'm a bit apprehensive to this ride, seems short and really just built for the record, but after watching the video a few times they made a few good design choices (IMO). Such as before going over the loop it doesn't come up the one side vertically, but when it is going back down the other side it looks like it reaches vertical looking like it will make some good airtime there (but seemingly only there).

I honestly appologize if this has been answered already but is there a full POV video out for this ride?

If not then I'll take it that they haven't finalized the final layout yet and will add the extra track some people have been yearning for after the "top hat" section. <-- ***Yes I'm joking***

Even though I'm 6' 1", I didn't have a problem with the Sky Rocket trains at all. Granted, I looked up beforehand which seats to avoid if you're tall. But then shouldn't that advice be the same for all new Premier trains in this style?

I'm also about 6'1" and I was notified in advance to sit in the correct seats on Skyrocket at Kennywood. By the time I got there, the park already had signs making sure to tell folks to NOT sit in those 2 seats if you were tall. Perhaps the newer trains have been modified to alleviate that problem?

I really like Skyrocket and it's trains. The older Premier coasters (although I was *crazy* about Chiller when it had the lap bars AND the spiral-flip things) really <> you down in the that seat. Maybe those older trains/lap bars are more comfortable for shorter riders? Either way, those are still fun rides, but I much preferred the newer generation trains on Skyrocket. But I haven't been on the Superman in Vallejo - were the trains further modified for that?

Hi everyone. Long time TPR reader, but just recently joined and here's my first post.

So I've been watching this Full Throttle announcement, and have to say I'm not overly impressed. Looks like a fun ride, but quite frankly, it is very short. Maybe a minute at most? So I went on google maps to look at the area. It really isn't a big space to put a major ride. That loop is huge, and takes up all of the space. Yes, they may have been able to put a few more twists and turns in, but they probably didn't want to tear up a lot of surrounding area to get the ride in.

Here's a map of the area with the possible ride layout:

1650908069_FullThrottle.jpg.a61c871d034b9065e1a451303946fef9.jpg

Full Throttle layout?

in the video they state there will be three "unprecedented" launches... the backwards one is, yea whatever... but could the forward launches be extremely strong since it is a tight space? That could be something worth getting excited over...

I think you're reading too much into it. It's just PR speak; what they mean is that there are very few coasters out there with THREE LAUNCHES, so it's nearly unprecedented that they're building a triple launch coaster. The justification for using 'unprecedented' is that I don't think there's any other continuous circuit coaster that launches twice forwards and once backwards.