TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I know that most of you guys will hate me for saying this. Anyway I seriously am in love with Full Throttle, and I am be serious as can be. It looks so much fun.

I'm happy with Full Throttle too, so you're not alone! haha.

^ Cost and room. They would have had to put the snake dive farther away from the tunnel which would have probably made it cross over the midway on the other side. Also MM seems to have put in a "world class" coaster as cheaply as possible so satisfying our need for length and air were not much a concern.

Flatride at SFMM? Easy to predict... Sky Screamer for 2014. Pencil it in.

As far as the FT being longer? I would have loved another 1500ft after the top hat. It's going to be the biggest weakness of the ride. On the other hand, I can think of several "well received" launch coasters that do less than Full Throttle does.

I'm tired of these new coasters/amped up coasters, to pop up in magic mountian yearly. Magic Mountain needs to stop all this new less satisfying stuff and actually invest on something that'll be up there with Tatsu and X2 to break up those lines.

^^ Yah I will be interested as to how I think this compares to Xcelerator. Also I was watching the pov video and at the end of the ride the station is not in the same place as log jammer's station. You will notice that it is parallel to the brake run which is weird to me because this would not be the same spot as log jammer's station.

I'm tired of these new coasters/amped up coasters, to pop up in magic mountian yearly. Magic Mountain needs to stop all this new less satisfying stuff and actually invest on something that'll be up there with Tatsu and X2 to break up those lines.

YES!

Seriously, I'm not a big fan of these frequent small investments SFMM has been doing lately. As Manic Monte said, I expect a Sky Screamer for 2014 or 2015, maybe a super version like SFOT is getting.

Cedar Fair is son done for!

What does that even mean?

He's clearly referring to the fact that the addition of Full Throttle with cement Magic Mountain's lead over Cedar Point as the ultimate coaster park. See, Cedar Point can only remain a successful park as long as it is able to keep its coaster count roughly equal with Magic Mountain. We coaster enthusiasts live by the principal "Quantity Over Quality." The war between Cedar Point and Magic Mountain is an INCREDIBLY important issue to us. Why do you think Magic Mountain keeps removing non-coaster rides and adding new coasters with short layouts? Because they are trying to cram in as many of those things into the park as they possibly can!

So yes, Cedar Fair is without a doubt "son done for." I couldn't put it any better myself.

I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic or not but Cedar Point can still remain a very sucessful park without having to keep up with SFMM coaster count. Remember they do not compete in the same region so the coaster war count is more for bragging rights and their sucessfulness does not hinge on the fact if they can keep up with SFMM coaster count. And no, Cedar Point is in no way "son done for!"

I know from insiders that there are tiny concerns with Cedar Point that are extremely problematic. Maybe it is "so done for!

Edited by gforce1994

I'm really hoping for a new flume ride after the Starflyer next year. There is still plenty of room on that hill for it after they fully install Full Throttle. That and the Rocky Mountain treatment on Colossus. Imagine Colossus with dueling barrel rolls!

dueling barrel rolls would be awsome espeically at fright fest but, MM probably well never use both trains on both tacks at the same time except for the reopening.

I'm really hoping for a new flume ride after the Starflyer next year. There is still plenty of room on that hill for it after they fully install Full Throttle. That and the Rocky Mountain treatment on Colossus. Imagine Colossus with dueling barrel rolls!

I was thinking Zero-G's that turn inward towards each other right after the first drop.

I'm still confused on where the station and launch track into the first loop is going to be located. I just can't get my head around this going into the empty hill where LJ was. Hopefully they use this space wisely and maybe there will be room for another attraction in there in the future. Hello water ride! (crosses fingers).

I don't know if Colossus is really a good candidate of the RMC treatment. The two coasters with the RMC treatment have a twister layout while Colossus has a double out-and-back layout. I just don't see how Colossus could be done with all these overbanks. Also, it seems to be pretty smooth right now.

I don't know if Colossus is really a good candidate of the RMC treatment. The two coasters with the RMC treatment have a twister layout while Colossus has a double out-and-back layout. I just don't see how Colossus could be done with all these overbanks. Also, it seems to be pretty smooth right now.

The only thing that makes me thing MM would totally do it is because it would be the only duel hybrid coaster and since MM loves gimmicks this would be perfect.