TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

My biggest concern is the ending. I would have been pretty pleased with this ride had it included something more after that final hill considering how much space they had to work with. That being said, I think this looks like an interesting ride that I think people will end up enjoying. As I said before Mr. Freeze is great and that is the ride I find most similar to this.

Maverick does the same thing

No it doesn't. Not even close.

I think he means the stop in the tunnel, not the backwards part.

Maverick doesn't "stop" in the tunnel (unless operations are backed up! lol) - It's normal operation it comes into the tunnel, slows down a bit, then launches right back out. There is a "pause", but not really much more of a pause than Golaith's midcourse brake. In fact, I'd say that Goliath consistently comes to more of a "stop" than Maverick does!

I agree the ride will be fun. Perhaps people were just building this up to be more than it ever was going to be. I was hoping for something bigger like a Cheetah Hunt, but this ride looks fun and I will be excited to ride it. World class it is not, but it will still be fun and with Premier's reputation the ride could be really intense!

^ Are you telling me I won't be able to do the backward launch. My planning for 2013 is full and thanks to the law in America (driving laws) i won't be able to go in 2013. So I'm thinking about a 2014 trip to America (CA) for SFMM (Also SFDK and Disneyland). That's a bummer, that's one of the part that makes me want to ride it.

Maverick does the same thing

No it doesn't. Not even close.

Perhaps I'm mistaken but aren't Maverick trains braked to a slow roll in the tunnel before the second launch? Perhaps "same" should be replaced with "similar"?

Essentially a "breather" element...

This is a HUGE difference between a train slowing down in a tunnel for a brief second and launching in the same direction it was traveling, versus a train coming to a complete stop. Launching backwards into a section of track, then going forwards, then launching AGAIN in the tunnel.

This is a stupid discussion.

Edited by robbalvey

With the size and fairly unique layout (and weird-looking support structure on the loophat), it reminds me a bit of those next-gen S&S Thrust-Air coasters popping up all over the place in China.

^Just a guess. Realistically I'm gonna be wrong, but to me the syncing issuse seems like its goa be a huge source of problems down the road and might be scrapped/reprogrammed.

As long as they add fire and on-board audio of random movie quotes it will all be worth it.

Edited by Ed Farmer

Supposedly this e-mail went out, I haven't gotten it yet. The last paragraph seems interesting. I guess that means High Sierra and Mooseburger will remain the same. Just everything before it will change.

Full Throttle is the missing link to our world-class collection. With a unique terrain-hugging track design blazing the mountainside by Valencia Falls, and typical of a SFMM coaster addition, Full Throttle will feature several never-been-done-before experiences. Here’s a few of the ride features that will make this coaster one of the best in the world:

– Full-circuit out-and-back launch coaster

– Record 160-foot tall loop where trains will race at speeds in excess of 70 mph not only through the inside … but also up and over the outside on a first-ever element called a top hat

– 3 separate launches including one backwards

– Two heart-pounding blasts through the 120-foot long tunnel that carves thru the mountain beneath Samurai Summit

But wait ….there’s more!

As we’ve successfully done the past couples of years with DC Universe & Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom, we will once again pool our capital money to create another WOW zone. This time we will be giving the front of the Park an overhaul of “Full Throttle” proportions from What the Fried and the WB Kids Club down to the bears at the beginning of High Sierra Territory. The experience we’re creating for our Guests will push the limits and deliver a complete sensory overload in an environment where inspiration meets exhilaration, filled with innovative surprises and hands-on interactions! Just after the Biggest Fright Fest Ever 2, a giant construction wall will barricade what just might be the biggest transformation the Park has experienced in decades, creating a true-to-brand first impression for our Guests…an impact synonymous with the kind of thrilling experiences only Six Flags can deliver.

Full Throttle looks like it will be fun and I'm excited for it, I guess I'm more dissapointed that HH isn't getting new this year. It's been since I believe 2007 when Tornado was installed. It seems that every other HH in the chain has been getting something new but all ours get is a bar last year.

^^^ All of the water features have been removed. The entire area is just dirt.

The pump houses are still there though so there may be some kind of water but I doubt the coaster will use it as a "Feature".

Hopefully the re-do of the area includes redoing/repainting/removing the fake tree near Bugs Bunny World.

I haven't been on Skyrocket or Superman at Discovery Kingdom but from the videos it looks like both of those Premier coasters kind of roll into the launch track (Superman starts from a stand still then after the backwards launch "rolls" into the fastest launch of the circuit to make it over the top hat). I wonder if the reason for the backwards launch section on Full Throttle is that those LIM's are different somehow from the initial launch or they need the system needs the train to be travelling forward at a certain velocity to launch at a speed to successfully make it over the top hat following that launch.

Anyone have any insight? I like the idea of a backwards launch in the middle of the ride like this, but it does seem a bit odd. I'm not a LIM expert or a ride engineer by any means but I have a feeling the backwards launch may be more for the purpose of function instead of form.......

I'm gona call that if you don't ride that backward launch opening season, you won't. I smell reprogramming.

#But you already know though, You Only Launch Once

I already had the thought and can't agreemore. I think the whole backwards launch is going to be something that is gone by the 3rd season, likely sooner.