TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I don't think this is safely possible, but it would make a fantastic photo opportunity to have one train at the top of the loop and one at the top of the top hat.

Once the hefty expectations die down, I think people will see what a cool ride this is. I'm not a big fan of vertical loops any more, yet this one is kind of clever. I love the twisty section after the loop (should provide great visuals). The "space dive" drop looks looks kind of crappy in that video (OMG that horrible video lol), but in reality should be the best part of the ride, and something I never thought would or could be done at the Mountain.

Stopping the train inside the tunnel (instead of firing it up) seems silly, but should catch the GP off guard. And then the final trick, what should be the best airtime moment in all of California (sad really).

Overall, I'll take it. It looks like a very interesting ride, sort of Stormrunnner meets Speed:The Ride. I'm also interested in the area designed around the coaster. THAT could make for one of the coolest areas of the park!

If we're next on the list of Iron Horse remodels (Colossus), it could make for a great 1-2 punch the park needs.

Edited by Manic Monte

I just saw the YOLO in the beginning of the video. Really Six Flags? Is Drake going to cut the ribbon now?

I was unaware that Yolo County (near Sacramento) was all that exciting.

This is EXACTLY what I think every time I see or hear someone refer to YOLO.

So... It's Premier. Have the Intamin fanboys stopped crying yet? I think it looks like a unique and fun ride. Awesome the Premier rides are starting to become more popular. They really do make excellent coasters.

Three things:

1. This looks alright but I'm glad I tempered my expectations a few months ago.

2. Someone should go dig up the posts where people were posting that employees were telling them we were getting some epic Intamin mindeff coaster so we can all laugh.

3. I'm calling this Yolocoaster and no one can stop me.

So are the trains three car versions of the Sky Rocket trains? Or does it look like anything has been changed on them?

They look the same to me. Didn't notice any OTSRs... thank god. Maybe now that a looping coaster at their park will be running with lapbars, they can buy the new Gerstlauer trains like SDL at Hershey.

Awesome the Premier rides are starting to become more popular. They really do make excellent coasters.

I'll say one thing for Premier after riding SUF at SFDK their lap bars are great. Easily the most comfortable I've ever used on any type of coaster. I hope these type of restraints are the wave of the future.

The Coaster Guy ‏@TheCoasterGuy

Full Throttle will be in a new themed area, but no word as to exactly what that theme will be yet.

So I take it the "unused" areas will be for future expansion?

anyway seems like an OK ride, I will enjoy it

Edit three: SFMM facebook says spring 2013

Edited by bostonlva

I'm sure it will be a fun coaster. Maybe some cool effects will happen in the tunnel right before you take off backwards. It's not exactly what I had in mind as far as layout. Also, I guess they will have to wait to send off another train until they see or get a green light that the one train has already started the launch forward from the tunnel. At least we know it will be two trains from the video. Finally, Full Throttle <<<

Also, I guess they will have to wait to send off another train until they see or get a green light that the one train has already started the launch forward from the tunnel. At least we know it will be two trains from the video. Finally, Full Throttle <<<

I think it's longer than that! They'll have to wait till it clears the final top hat. It could clear the launch, not make it over the top hat and roll back which would not be so good if there was already another train launched!

^^Ha, I didn't even think about the Revolution OTSR's versus this with lap bar only! Guess they'll have to come up with a new excuse for why it has OTSR's on it!

Haha... Every Q&A the park holds from here on out, they will be reminded of this fact. lol

Also, I guess they will have to wait to send off another train until they see or get a green light that the one train has already started the launch forward from the tunnel. At least we know it will be two trains from the video. Finally, Full Throttle <<<

I think it's longer than that! They'll have to wait till it clears the final top hat. It could clear the launch, not make it over the top hat and roll back which would not be so good if there was already another train launched!

Thats what i'm betting also..... I have a question for you though. Since this is apparently a new themed area, does this mean that there will be future expansion there (like new rides later on?) it would seem pretty pointless to have a new themed area for just one ride right?