TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I think if it was going to use the name Full Throttle it would have to be pretty fast...like at least 100mph. Which if this top hat is going directly over-top of the loop it should be a pretty good sized top hat, not small like I've been thinking. I'm so excited. I'm thinking its gonna be a good length too, not just some short-and-sweet ride. I think it'll be a pretty good sized, sprawled out layout.

Edited by brock_boehm

Yeah I'm still expecting something more Sky Rocket than Superman. It sounds like a mix between the two though. I think there is going to be much more than loop, dive-loop thing, second launch, top-hat, done. I think there is going to be more turns and hills thrown in-between those things, such a huge waste of energy otherwise.

^Superman goes 100mph and it goes up more than 300 feet. I wouldn't expect the top hat to be that big at all, certainly close to the 200ft range though. Somewhat Xcelerator in size I suppose.

My guess is fog... and it will last a season or two.

Fog and some sort of lame engine revving sound, or whatever this ends up being "themed" to.

@chickenbowl While I was thinking track switch earlier, this just sounds like a normal hill it wont make it around with such a slow reverse speed. What concerns me now though is capacity. I firmly believe this ride will still use the set of 6people cars, like the last few rides the have built with their new trains. Having a pause and then a train having to move backwards before clearing the track seems like it could really effect the throughput of the ride (unless the ride is short, but hopefully not. Might also work with a staging area before the first launch outside of the station).

Edited by SLUSHIE

I just hope if it is anything similar to Sky Rocket it's WAY bigger, faster, and more intense. No doubt that SR is a good ride, but I would expect something more.....I have high hopes for Full Throttle. I just don't want to be let down.

In a sick way I'm sort of excited to see everyone super disappointed tomorrow.

Also, every rumor I hear about this ride is so ridiculous and varied that I've given up on figuring out what it's supposed to be and instead just waiting about 9 1/2 more hours.

^ I'm actually preparing for the worst so it won't pack as big of a punch if it's nothing. I'm convincing myself that all its gonna do is launch, go through the gimmick maunuever much like SLUSHIE posted and slowly make it's way back to the station.

@chickenbowl While I was thinking track switch earlier, this just sounds like a normal hill it wont make it around with such a slow reverse speed. What concerns me now though is capacity. I firmly believe this ride will still use the set of 6people cars, like the last few rides the have built with their new trains. Having a pause and then a train having to move backwards before clearing the track seems like it could really effect the throughput of the ride (unless the ride is short, but hopefully not. Might also work with a staging area before the first launch outside of the station).

Yupp yupp, thought about that option as well. I'm not sure what exactly it will be or how capacity will work, but I guess we'll all see in a few hours regardless.

^^ And no, no one at all is thinking this will be a strata or even a giga coaster at all, sorry dude.

Yupp yupp, thought about that option as well. I'm not sure what exactly it will be or how capacity will work, but I guess we'll all see in a few hours regardless.

^^ And no, no one at all is thinking this will be a strata or even a giga coaster at all, sorry dude.

I don't see why this coaster can't load and launch the same way TTD and Kingda Ka do. The difference would be that the second launch out of the tunnel would double as a block.

I don't see why this coaster can't load and launch the same way TTD and Kingda Ka do. The difference would be that the second launch out of the tunnel would double as a block.

I'm sure it will. It allows them to clear the station and start loading another train, before the track is actually clear or the launch mechanism is ready in TTD's case. Revenge of the Mummy also works in a similar way, but the dark ride portion is effectively the staging area on that ride. I don't think it will simply roll out of the station and zip off like Sky Rocket... unless the track is clear

The new rumor sound sweet. Because the second launch (what I get) shoots you into the Top Hat that must mean we get a decant ride after the Top Hat. I mean to make a launch only for the Top Hat sounds a bit stupid if you ask me. Must be around 6 hours and 15 minutes to go now for the announcement can't wait.

Sounds interesting...

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/world-record-breaking-rides-innovative-show-technology-and-an-historic-theme-park-transformation-coming-to-six-flags-in-2013-2012-08-30

For guests who choose to "live life to its fullest", Six Flags Magic Mountain, the undisputed Thrill Capital of the World with more coasters than anywhere else on the planet, is adding yet another record-breaking ride to its unrivaled lineup of world class coasters--Full Throttle, the world's tallest, fastest looping roller coaster. Full Throttle will deliver a "you only live once" adventure as riders accelerate from zero to more than 70 miles per hour on two forward launches, and an unprecedented third backward launch. Riders will experience a record 160-foot loop, plus a never-been-done-before launch up and over a "Top Hat" that traces the outside of the world record loop.

Okay guy's I'm taking back what I said yesterday. I must wait this last 3 and a half hours awake, Okay I won't miss it like that but it comes with the endless waiting.

The rumors are great wonder how many are true but we will know in couple of hours. I'm kinda having a image how the ride should be thanks to them, but I guess it will be far from that.

Looks like a very good ride. I love the concept, the placement (on the hill), and the colors (I've been waiting for a black and grey coaster at MM). However, I have to say I am disappointed we didn't didn't get something with massive airtime (though,the top-hat does look promising). And a new themed area? I hope that just means the unused area around the station where the Log Jammer was. I'd hate to see them completely ruin the High Sierra Territory. Having this right next door is already going to take away from the atmosphere of one of the nicer areas of he park.

But, perhaps, the positives do outweigh the negatives on this one. Mr Freeze is one of my favorite coasters, and this seems to take it a step further. I look forward to seeing it go up and most importantly, riding it.

Edited by metrock