TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm planning on getting a 2013 pass after they become available tomorrow. It will allow me to head down to SFDK and finally ride Superman before the season is over, and then I'll be able to use it next season to ride the new coaster at SFMM.

I'll be doing the same. Living 60min from SFDK, and seeing the gf in Santa Monica every other week has me sold.

:)
^at least let there be a terrain hugging airtime filled ride that leads into the gimmick inversion

You poor thing...

I'll be a poor thing if it's reveled tomorrow that it is nothing more then a gimmick inversion and I'm balled up in fetal position crying pulling my hair out screaming WHY SFMM WHY!!!

:)
^at least let there be a terrain hugging airtime filled ride that leads into the gimmick inversion

You poor thing...

I'll be a poor thing if it's reveled tomorrow that it is nothing more then a gimmick inversion and I'm balled up in fetal position crying pulling my hair out screaming WHY SFMM WHY!!!

I can't wait for the announcement. I think this is the most-anticipated coaster for next year. If they are using the name Full Throttle, speed is a given factor. So it should be good!

Screamscape

While we eagerly await the final announcement about Full Throttle in a few hours, today’s rumor has more to do with how the ride will reuse the old monorail tunnel through the mountain itself. The tunnel will not be a station as some have suspected, as the real station will go up near where the Log Jammer station was. Once the train launches through the huge vertical loop, I’m told it will actually rise up the mountain, climbing over the Superman plaza area, before it turns and dives back down and right into the old Metro tunnel on the far side of the park.

What exactly will happen inside the tunnel is a bit of a mystery, as they are hoping to add some kind of special effects in here. The mystery part isn’t that no one knows… it has more to do with the fact that the final budget for the ride is not entirely set, and things like this have a tendency to get cut from the budget once construction starts. (Anyone else remember those fog filled “tunnels” that were supposed to be added to X2?)

What I do know is that your train will apparently come to a stop in the tunnel, and much like Superman: Ultimate Flight from SFDK, your launch out of the tunnel will actually begin with a reverse launch back up the hill to gain a little extra momentum before you fall forward back into the tunnel and launch out at “Full Throttle” into that giant top hat.

OYBOYOBOYOBOYBOYBOY

Yeah they added Jet Steam because of how popular it was. Not sure how true this really is but my dad always told me Log Jammer was the longest log flume ever built. That may have been true at one time but I'm not sure if that was still true more recently. I mean flume length not ride time, Splash Mountain and other flumes obviously had it beat there.

^Oh wow that would be amazing!! A small backwards launch before going forwards again sounds really different for a non impulse, actually full circuit type coaster. This still holds true to the backwards launch out of the tunnel rumor with effects. As far as effects in the tunnel will be, I'm not expecting a whole lot. Hopefully it will at least have some doors on it otherwise I really expect any effects to be marginal as light would bleed in there really badly otherwise. This sounds like a proper re-purpose of the monorail tunnel though!

Edited by SLUSHIE

Screamscape

While we eagerly await the final announcement about Full Throttle in a few hours, today’s rumor has more to do with how the ride will reuse the old monorail tunnel through the mountain itself. The tunnel will not be a station as some have suspected, as the real station will go up near where the Log Jammer station was. Once the train launches through the huge vertical loop, I’m told it will actually rise up the mountain, climbing over the Superman plaza area, before it turns and dives back down and right into the old Metro tunnel on the far side of the park.

What exactly will happen inside the tunnel is a bit of a mystery, as they are hoping to add some kind of special effects in here. The mystery part isn’t that no one knows… it has more to do with the fact that the final budget for the ride is not entirely set, and things like this have a tendency to get cut from the budget once construction starts. (Anyone else remember those fog filled “tunnels” that were supposed to be added to X2?)

What I do know is that your train will apparently come to a stop in the tunnel, and much like Superman: Ultimate Flight from SFDK, your launch out of the tunnel will actually begin with a reverse launch back up the hill to gain a little extra momentum before you fall forward back into the tunnel and launch out at “Full Throttle” into that giant top hat.

OYBOYOBOYOBOYBOYBOY

God that sounds awesome!

I just loved that ride, the whole thing just was very complete now this replacement had better be really freaking good or else I'll be totally bummed about a great, classic ride being destroyed. The one flaw I found with LJ was that it deserved to be built at a park where it could be completely surrounded by trees with no view of the rest of the park, KI is the perfect park for this sort of thing, out by Beast.

Screamscape

OYBOYOBOYOBOYBOYBOY

Sounds like to me a giant shuttle coaster or maybe I reading and picturing it wrong!!! How will you launch into a giant loop, go over the mountain, dive down into the tunnel and then stop, then launch out of tunnel backwards, only to fall back into the tunnel , then over a top hat without it being a shuttle coaster?

Well, not the long terrain hugging launch that people were hoping for, I can already smell a whole day full of complaints tomorrow.

Parts of that description sound awesome though. Given the space they are working with, I wonder if an entire plaza will be built surrounding the coaster.

Screamscape

What exactly will happen inside the tunnel is a bit of a mystery, as they are hoping to add some kind of special effects in here. The mystery part isn’t that no one knows… it has more to do with the fact that the final budget for the ride is not entirely set,

God that sounds awesome!

My guess is fog... and it will last a season or two.

What do I win?