TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm going to come right out and say it ... if this new ride is just the gimmick of the full loop and the top-hate element using the same loop structure I'm going to be pretty pissed they removed Log Jammer for that.

Now if it's that gimmick along with a nice long ride then I may be ok with it. Enough with the Gimmicks, just give us a good coaster for a change.

I sadly find California Screamin more re-rideable than most of the coasters at SFMM. It isn't very intense but its just an overall well rounded package.

I'd love for revolution to be reprofiled into something faster and smoother as it could be a turned into a truly great ride.

I too will be happy if the ride is a gimmick in addition to a nice long coaster around the mountain.

The only chain that might actually benefit from enthusiasts running it is Disney, because they do almost everything right, and their target audience expects them to do everything right.

Nope. Same rule still applies. Just read the Disney specific forums. They're crazier than coaster enthusiasts.

I think the people at MiceChat are way more ridiculously demanding than the people here are. I still go there to see whats going on around Disneyland but their forums are nothing but the same topics over and over and people wondering when the PeopleMover is coming back (never).

There is even a quote from some imagineer saying its never coming back but then they spin what he says to make it still sound possible.

OK here is my Superman and I guess Zonga inspired answer to that rumor. Don't pay attention to the forces n stuff.

Realistically I think what SoCalCoaster drew is probably more likely, but where the top hat would cross over to the other side of the loop, so that it follows the spine of the loop track better.

I'm hoping on something like this rather than go through the loop first an then later go over the top-hat. I'm actually hoping the rumor is true sounds like a great great looking element. I can't wait for the announcement Thursday s.

I think the people at MiceChat are way more ridiculously demanding than the people here are. I still go there to see whats going on around Disneyland but their forums are nothing but the same topics over and over and people wondering when the PeopleMover is coming back (never).

There is even a quote from some imagineer saying its never coming back but then they spin what he says to make it still sound possible.

Yeah Micechat gets way out of hand to where rational thought can be extremely hard to come by. However, I do find some of the daft responses amusing in a weap for humanity sort of way. We're lucky we have admins not afraid of calling people out.

Yeah, I think either way (loop+tophat or loop+non-inverting-loop), this rumor actually sounds pretty cool, assuming there's more to the ride. A loop like this as the centerpiece would be perfect because Six Flags would have their cool gimmick, and they could spend the rest of the ride (hopefully all 6000+ ft and 3 launches worth of it) just being awesome. Sky Rocket was a lot of fun for such a small ride, so something like that, with more airtime, would be great. Maybe not "Maverick of the West" great, but hopefully pretty close.

Less than 2 days to go, before the serious "pissing and moaning" begins. You Cali folks don't know how good you've got it. Regarding the complaints on Pocky, my only complaint is that it's too short. Sure every ride won't please everyone. For me I love the mountain, but not the "Ice Queen."

The only chain that might actually benefit from enthusiasts running it is Disney, because they do almost everything right, and their target audience expects them to do everything right.

Nope. Same rule still applies. Just read the Disney specific forums. They're crazier than coaster enthusiasts.

This.

Side Note: Latest Screamscape rumor for Knott's is the giga coaster is looking less of a reality. I always thought a giga was much too big for the Farm, and would be much more suited in SFMM (GoBig!) I hope i'm wrong, but I don't think Premier's coaster will hit over the 300ft mark. So, maybe that elusive first giga (Intamin!) we all hope for here in the West Coast is destined to come to the Mountain....some year!

I'm definitely looking forward to hearing what they have planned for SFMM when they announce all the Six Flags plans on Thursday. I'm also very intrigued with Premier's possible/likely involvement in this.

Sky Rocket is at my home park, and I'm a huge fan of it, so I'd be very interested to see a larger and longer version of something like that!

Gotta get my butt out to these California parks one of these days......

OK here is my Superman and I guess Zonga inspired answer to that rumor. Don't pay attention to the forces n stuff.

Realistically I think what SoCalCoaster drew is probably more likely, but where the top hat would cross over to the other side of the loop, so that it follows the spine of the loop track better.

This is exactly what I was thinking when I read the Screamscape thing.

Good job.

In my opinion I think this will be a focal point, the loop with the top hat, however One of the rumors I heard from someone in upper management that saw the coasters concept a while back, there are two records. most launch sections and biggest loop. I am really hoping this is true because like most everyone else is saying, there is only two elements and more like superman at SFDK, it will be a huge disappointment.

Does anybody have any idea on the time they're going to announce it? Like California time in the morning (till 12:00 P.M.) or in midday (till 5:00 P.M.) or evening (rest of the day)? You know because of the time difference her in Europa. (It could mean i need to wait a day longer because of it. ) Already thanks for the answer.

When I read the Screamscape update, this is exactly what I was picturing. I just spent ten or fifteen minutes trying to draw it (with no success) and then I saw your video lol. It would make a lot of sense. Premiere has recently experimented with the "non-inverting loops" with S:UF.

I really hope it has a good-length layout and this loop element is just the "centerpiece" of the ride so to speak.

It would be neat if they made it so that it launches and make it traverse the terrain a bit (with airtime of course!). then have it approach the tunnel, where it'll launch again inside the tunnel, then have it make it go through a tight turn right into the loop/top hat element in the log jammer lot so it catches you by surprise, then traverse the rest of the course.

I just hope that the loop/top hat does not happen in the begginning.

This makes me wonder if there will be 2 seperate launches. One to get it through the loop and one to get it up and over the top hat(i smell trims). Or maybe just one launch with a quick turnaround that leads to the top hat. The loop might pull some serious g's thhen. Either way this coaster seems (so-far) to be a bit Of a letdown. Seems MM is going with gimmicks and one-trick ponys now. Yet it does seem unique, as long as it rides good and pulls some decent air, it will suffice.

^^&^^^ Are you two both the same person and autistic???

Don't use autism as an excuse for poor grammar, spelling, and posting. We have plenty of autistic kids and adults on here that manage just fine.

Edited by SharkTums