TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

It's still not confirmed I don't believe that Premier is doing the SFMM coaster - they only confirmed they're doing a California coaster, of which two are upcoming..it's possible Premier could be doing a compact ride for SCBB and someone else could be doing the SFMM coaster. (Which is what I'm hoping - Premier for SCBB and Intamin for SFMM would make my year)

^^ Spoken like a true obnoxious Californian!

--Robb "You're attitude is one of the main reasons I had to get out of that state!" Alvey

And your obnoxious attitude is one of the main reason Californians are glad you did!

With Knott's, Magic Mountain, Disneyland and Universal, there is always some new attraction going on. THAT is what makes us spoiled out here in So Cal. I'm looking forward to MM and KBF announcements, and no amount of you guys crapping on our 4 parks and their attractions to make yourselves feel superior is going to change that! Sorry!

^^ Spoken like a true obnoxious Californian!

--Robb "You're attitude is one of the main reasons I had to get out of that state!" Alvey

And your obnoxious attitude is one of the main reason Californians are glad you did!

BANNED!!!

--Robb "You are the epitome of everything that is wrong with the stereotypical Californian mentality." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

It's still not confirmed I don't believe that Premier is doing the SFMM coaster - they only confirmed they're doing a California coaster, of which two are upcoming..it's possible Premier could be doing a compact ride for SCBB and someone else could be doing the SFMM coaster. (Which is what I'm hoping - Premier for SCBB and Intamin for SFMM would make my year)

They didn't said anything about a coaster they said that there is going to be a big announcement for upcoming week that we must not miss. The only gave as hint: Premier Rides is California dreaming once again. But it's Premier and you could almost say it is going to be a coaster in CA. If it's for SFMM I hope not but I must say hearing launched and Premier rides facebook I'm almost sure that they are the manufacture of the new SFMM ride we know as Full Throttle. I'm still hoping on a Intamin Crazy Airtime machine, but it doesn't seem to be that way. O well if it is going to be Premier Rides it better have Airtime, or next time maybe?

I would not hold my breath that SCBB is getting a premier launched coaster. I see them getting a Spinner or at most a eurofighter.

I think you guys are looking too much into the wording of these hints. California Dreaming is a well known term to people and was probably just used for fun to refer tot he state they are building a ride in. I'm sure they are referring to SFMM in the post.

Personally the whole "California Dreaming" line made me think of Santa Cruz and not Magic Mountain, because it's SCBB that uses the the classic surfing and California songs in their adds, not SFMM.

I like how you're thinking! There is hope still for the Intamin giga we ALL want!!! I know it's doubtful, but I'm gonna keep dreamin'. I'll be happy whatever SFMM gets cause with the terrain, it's gonna be a huge custom built original just for the Mountain!

I think you better replace 'rides' with 'coasters'. The park doesn't have rides, that's everyone's number one legitimate complaint about the place. It's purely a roller coaster park. Go to a park like SFGAd, Canada's Wonderland, Cedar Point, etc and see big parks that have different ride experiences.

SFMM seems to me to be a roller coaster museum, with nearly every type of major coaster represented (absent, of course, an airtime machine from Intamin).

I'm glad they added a thrilling non-coaster ride this year and look forward to riding it this winter.

I'm glad they added a thrilling non-coaster ride this year

I am too. I just wish it had more than 16 seats. Looking at Kings Dominions drop tower a couple of weeks ago, which holds something like 50 people, and then thinking back to the capacity of Lex Luthor at one of the busiest parks in the chain just makes me shake my head....

I would not hold my breath that SCBB is getting a premier launched coaster. I see them getting a Spinner or at most a eurofighter.

I think you guys are looking too much into the wording of these hints. California Dreaming is a well known term to people and was probably just used for fun to refer tot he state they are building a ride in. I'm sure they are referring to SFMM in the post.

Exactly what I was wanting to say. I think pondering which park most closely reflects the spirit of the song "California Dreamin'" is way overthinking.

Plus, maybe I've been overly hopeful since I'm a big Premier fan, but the evidence has seemed quite strong to me, even if it still technically can only be considered speculation.

Aside from Tatsu, the coasters are SFMM are the epitome of mediocre. Hopefully this ride changes that...

Well most parks are like that, 2 or 3 world class coasters. 2 or great coasters, and the rest are average.

i.e.

SF:Great Adventure

World Class: El Toro, Nitro

Good: Bizarro, Superman

Average: Batman, Green Lantern etc.

LOL! In what crazy world is one of the more intense B&M invert layouts considered "average???" Have you ever been to Six Flags Great Adventure???

Seriously, were you dropped on your head as a child or something?

--Robb "That should go in the dumbest things said on TPR thread." Alvey

Agreed 100%. We were at Great Adventure yesterday and had one of the best rides we've ever had on Batman. The ride was flying through the course last night. I guess some people have a problem with this ride because it's a clone but the Batman inverted coasters are great rides.

I saw that this thread grew eight pages in one day, and I thought there must have been a leak or parts on-site or something. I should have known that it was just another California Coaster Quasi-Inferiority Complex discussion. Le Sigh.

I should have known that it was just another California Coaster Quasi-Inferiority Complex discussion.

Perhaps it is because each time SFMM is on the verge of announcing a new ride, we all desperately want it to not fall into line with the majority of the rides we have in CA (read: mediocre).

I'm glad they added a thrilling non-coaster ride this year

I am too. I just wish it had more than 16 seats. Looking at Kings Dominions drop tower a couple of weeks ago, which holds something like 50 people, and then thinking back to the capacity of Lex Luthor at one of the busiest parks in the chain just makes me shake my head....

The low capacity does match the low capacity of the ZacSpin they installed last year ...

I'd love to see a MaxAir type frisbee and a large Screaming Swing as their next "flat" ride acquisitions, which have lots of seats and are better than many coasters. I wonder how much extra work is needed to install them to cope with seismic design requirements.

^ Yes! maXair and Skyhawk are by-far my favorite flat rides. maXair has some good "pop" air, and the views are good. It's an overall enjoyable experience, worth a 45 min wait. Skyhawk, nothing but airtime and speed! It's no surprise more frisbee-type rides are showing up nowadays.