TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^Yeah.. Screamscape said that at one point the park was taking a survey for the new ride and asking what guests would want to happen in the tunnel before launching out backwards. If this being a part of the ride comes true I'm going to assume it would involve some sounds coming out of a speaker and nothing more.

Interested to see if Premier is involved with MM. I just took at a look at their website (http://www.premier-rides.com/), and man is it old.

Just gotta wait 6 more days to find out......

I did notice on their FB page that they were the main sponsor of an event at SFMM a while back, so the relationship is there. Of course a park like SFMM (and a chain like SF) probably has a relationship with all major ride designers regardless.

I've mentioned this before but the guy who runs Premier used to be a bigwig at SFMM. I think he may have had Burkhart's position or something similar. This was back when Batman was new, so 94-ish.

So then whoever that is must of kept good relations with the parks because there really wasn't anything like the mid-2000s type of meltdown back in 94.

I've only ridden 3 of their rides (High-Roller, Speed - The ride, and the Hollywood Mummy), and I only enjoyed one out of those, but they seem to be received well based on powder keg and their other launch coasters so I'm optimistic.

^^ They could also do shoot you backwards and go right to the brakes like Th13teen does in Alton Towers (after the horizontal drop you're launched backwards into a spiral to the brakes riding slowly into the station. ) that means 2 launches are enough (1 forwards, 1 Backwards).

I'm quite exited on what it's going to be. Can't they just "accidental" post the video to soon on Youtube? I want to know it. I'm just looking constantly on that spot on google maps to imagine the possibilities they have, and those rumors just make me more and more exited.

If the backwards launch is true then I could see this ride having at least 3 different launches, 2 forward and 1 backwards. They are known for having moving track sections on their rides, like the turntables on mummy, or conveyor sections like on Powder keg so I can see something like that being implemented here.

Where in the world did you get all those crazy rumors from? It sounds like someone a a random forum thought up an outdoor version of ROTM crossed with HRRR. I really doubt this will have any special track elements like that.

The moving track sections were for increased capacity on Freeze and the turntables have only been used with the ROTM ride vehicle. The two 6-seater vehices (if they do use these cars) would most likely require a larger turntable...something I don't think SFMM wants to deal with on a coaster considering all the tech nightmares they've had to work with in the past (Superman, X2, Green lantern, Lex et.).

I'm interested in seeing what they do but at this point I'm imagining a large scale launch coaster. I'm not sure how readily I'd believe they'd do more than that. I hope they surprise me though.

^^ High Roller and Powderkeg aren't Premier rides...

Well if you want to get technical with Powderkeg...

I'm not sure what the deal is with Powder keg, but they are listed as a manufacturer. I thought it to be purely S&S as well, but maybe Premier provided the track switch up to the launch.

The turntables were merely an example. Mummy also has normal track switches as well, like the part where you stop and the bugs pour out then you drop backwards. I didn't even mention the track switch on Mr. Freeze.

While they do sound like added complication to a ride, the large number of them on the Mummy rides, and the number of times those things must operate in a normal day must mean they are pretty reliable.

Jim Seay from Premier was the engineering and maintenance exec at SFMM prior to joining the Premier team. I actually love Premiers innovations....they created the LIM's and the "tophat" element....and I would go on a "inside tophat" any day over an "outside tophat". I do believe that several of the founding members had coonections to Arrow Dynamics as well.

We were at SFMM today until we got booted out as private party was taking over from 6pm. We went on Sky Tower at 5:50 and sling shot parts were still sitting there near Apocalypse.

We then went down and walked on Ninja and and when we exited security was making us take Orient Express down to exit the park. We made attempt to go see the Hypnotist Show with Suzy Haner (her son is in the rock group Avenged Sevenfold) at the Golden Bear, but security had set up a wall of death prior to Moose Burger lodge and we needed yellow wrist band's to get past em.... So oh well

Headed back around to exit and the line for a Funnel Cake was off the chart almost stretching half way to Guest Relations which was also packed with pissed people who were upset the park was closing at 6pm (mind u a friday)... again ... oh well.

We had a blast prior at Hurricane Harbor in the wave pool and Castaway Lagoon but that's another link ... see ya

Just got this email from the park saying they are going to make a huge announcement and they invite you to guess what it is. I thought this was interesting.....

What new attraction do you think is coming to Six Flags Magic Mountain for the 2013 season? We won’t reveal the new items until August 30, but we promise it’s going to be amazing, just like in years past. We like to keep you guessing, so tell us what you think is coming to the park next season.

What can you expect for the 2013 season? Here’s a reminder of the previous attractions we’ve launched throughout the years:

Just got this email from the park saying they are going to make a huge announcement and they invite you to guess what it is. I thought this was interesting.....

What new attraction do you think is coming to Six Flags Magic Mountain for the 2013 season? We won’t reveal the new items until August 30, but we promise it’s going to be amazing, just like in years past. We like to keep you guessing, so tell us what you think is coming to the park next season.

What can you expect for the 2013 season? Here’s a reminder of the previous attractions we’ve launched throughout the years:

also...key word...."launched." could mean something

Arrrrgh!! This suspense is killing me....It sucks so bad there are people who know what it is already! Where's Amanda? I'm so excited now, I would be happy whatever it is....Premier shuttle, Intamin blitz, Kingda Ka, Mack launch... We know for sure there's a tunnel, launch, and it's 'huge' (inversion?). Aug 30 just now seems so far away. I hope more little details keep spilling till then!

I wonder if the launch going to be something similar to Volcano. You know. A first launch, a long turn around maybe following the curve of the monorail, and then a second launch up into an element, in this case a loop.

Can you imagine a loop big enough to perhaps put a circle around Superman right before Superman ascends the tower?

Also I was wondering if any part of the new "items" will take advantage of the old Flashback area.