TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Found the location on google maps. Quite a small area for a launched coaster or the launch must go through the tunnel. So I think its something like the following:

Six flags Discovery Kingdom, Superman Ultimate Flight. Source rcdb.com.

I think it's a great chance it's going to be like Superman at SFDK. Of coarse a different lay-out and that the launch will go through the tunnel.

I'm just saying it could be a S:UF type (not a clone certainly not.). But think about it a ride like that going over and under the guest, why not? I'm just thinking about it because it's not a area that could fit Tatsu or X2 (or i must be wrong again with my location). If it was a bit bigger I would certainly bet on the rumored Dual launch but my guess not enough space, then they need to build a second tunnel or they need to go over and under gold rush and the log flume. I'm just looking at the posiblitie's here and the S:UF type ride is one.

This is the location of the tunnel (red) right?

When one of the park officials confronted me about this coaster and its details, he said the first launch would be out of the old metro tunnel. I had mixed feelings about what he was saying because it might have all been fake rumors he was giving me but the fact that they put this tunnel on the video makes me me think if there was some merit to what he was saying.

Edit: Can someone point out the exact location of the tunnel? I'm not that well known to the park.

Next time you go to the park go to LJ's old spot and look at Gold Rusher's track- then start looking up and to the left under the restaurant and you will see what looks like a square shaped opening, that is the tunnel. Then on the path to Superman near the restaurant look on the other side down the hill from the path and you will see the other end of the tunnel.

When one of the park officials confronted me about this coaster and its details, he said the first launch would be out of the old metro tunnel. I had mixed feelings about what he was saying because it might have all been fake rumors he was giving me but the fact that they put this tunnel on the video makes me me think if there was some merit to what he was saying.

The 'park official' confronted you about the coaster and its details then gave you details? Why would he/she/it confront you about it and why would a supposed park official spill that kind of info when they have done a pretty good job keeping it secret- and, why would they tell you this stuff? Something there does not make sense, just trying to understand.

Man I just got this terrible hunch that we might get the same Superman coaster from Discovery Kingdom, except instead of having a newly built loading station and launch in a wooden tunnel, they might just install the track/launch area inside the former Metro tunnel. This would also explain the first launch happening inside the tunnel.

Oh boy that would be disappointing! I hope I'm wrong!

I would hope on Magic Mountain's behalf it would be a full sized version of S:UF, with 5 cars per train and 2-3 trains with multiple launches acting as a block. Maybe the tunnel will launch it up around 200 ft with a barrol roll on top and dip down into the log jammer area with some big turnarounds and a few inversions to throw into the mix. I wouldn't be one bit suprised if they get this coaster with the cost of loosing scream because cedar point lost two coasters while gaining only one which would leave them to have 16.

I wouldn't worry about how much space it looks like they have, I've learned that if the park wants a coaster there they are going to find a way to make it fit. Many years ago when running my site I was told the park was looking at the Japanese Gardens (or in the alternate the old Eagles Flight station) for the station of a new roller coaster. I dismissed the rumor because I was pretty sure that there was no room to squeeze a coaster in on the Revolution side of the hill. Several years later when construction began on Tatsu I was stunned because I had been so sure no coaster would ever fit there. The people who do the planning are very good at what they do.

I would hope on Magic Mountain's behalf it would be a full sized version of S:UF, with 5 cars per train and 2-3 trains with multiple launches acting as a block. Maybe the tunnel will launch it up around 200 ft with a barrol roll on top and dip down into the log jammer area with some big turnarounds and a few inversions to throw into the mix. I wouldn't be one bit suprised if they get this coaster with the cost of loosing scream because cedar point lost two coasters while gaining only one which would leave them to have 16.

You know just because Cedar Point loses a coaster doesn't mean Magic Mountain is required to remove a coaster. There is no Mason-Dixon line between Magic Mountain and Cedar point, no roller coaster balance is required to be maintained.