TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Intamin could be it. Some parks (CP) do multi-coaster additions from manufactuers. So it's still possible. But Mack seems more MMish. Just my 2¢.

I'm so curious how you feel that Mack is more SFMMish?!?!?!

To me, Mack is the ANTITHESIS of SFMM!!!!!

I was out there mid afternoon and the park was mostly dead as you are aware school starts this week so expect mild to no crowds at the park till the end of the week

I dont know if if i was seeing things but it appears the track is starting to arrive in the gravel lot if anyone can go out there and snaps some photos that will put my mind at ease dont wanna jump the gun on this lol

I was out there mid afternoon and the park was mostly dead as you are aware school starts this week so expect mild to no crowds at the park till the end of the week

I dont know if if i was seeing things but it appears the track is starting to arrive in the gravel lot if anyone can go out there and snaps some photos that will put my mind at ease dont wanna jump the gun on this lol

I saw the same thing about 2 months ago. Now that I've seen it again from the Sky Tower, it doesn't look like much.

I saw the same thing about 2 months ago. Now that I've seen it again from the Sky Tower, it doesn't look like much.

cool ill have to sneak over there and confirm i got a few connections with the upper management thanks to my mom and sister so ill see what i can dig up

No lie. At the moment the only line in the park is X2 with a whopping 15 minutes. Really wish I was closer than 6 hours away so I could just pop in on days like this.

Is it wrong of me to be secretly [well not so much now] hoping that they will announce the most amazing, airtime-filled, behemoth of a coaster JUST so it will shut everyone up? I mean, I know its just a pipe dream to think that but hey, one can hope right?

Went to the park yesterday. Crowds were fairly light. longest wait was X2 @ 60 minutes due to 1 train op.

-X2 didn't open until 1130ish. Had 1 train w/ about a 60 minute wait. The crew was moving as fast as they could with the 1 train they did have. Audio was working "OK." Not all speakers were working but you could tell they were making an effort to get it working. This was train #1 BTW.

-Riddler's didn't open until 1230. When it did open it instantly had a 45-60 minute wait with 2 trains.

- Ninja had 1 train with a 30 minute wait.

- S:EFK closed all day. No testing that I could see and I was at the park for the entire day. Barricades were back by Superman Gift Shop so clearly the park had no intention of opening it.

- 2 Trains on everything except X2 and Ninja.

- NO coaster track in the "Bone yard" behind Apocalypse. Just sling shot pieces.....

Operations were on par with the norm. Not any worse than they normally are.

^Yea it is annoying. I do however commend the crew for making the best of it as they were REALLY busting their a$$ checking that train and getting it dispatched. The Tatsu crew was horrid. 2 trains and a train literally dispatched every 4-5 minutes. They turned what should be a 20 minute wait into a 45 minute wait.

I noticed last week the audio was working for the most part on both trains but when I rode my speaker did not work and only one flamethrower was working. I will say it was the best ride I have ever had on X or X2 as I kept my head back and my legs pulled in, I barely got bounced around at all, finally an enjoyable ride on this thing.

I'm not surprised they haven't started at all. They aren't going to start until after they announce. So very soon. We know that SFMM can build rides very quickly, it's just they always start very late.

Parks start construction all the time before they actually announce the ride. California's Great America is an example there.