TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

newb questions here. we're visiting from out of state and will be at SFMM oct 6-8 buying season passes to use for those 3 days & fright fest oct 6 and/or 7.

is the ticket booth price for season passes the same as online? is the processing center outside the park entrance and when does it open relative to park opening? should i expect a big line to build up for processing saturday morning, or afternoon before fright fest? (trying to avoid that if possible).

thanks for help!

newb questions here. we're visiting from out of state and will be at SFMM oct 6-8 buying season passes to use for those 3 days & fright fest oct 6 and/or 7.

is the ticket booth price for season passes the same as online? is the processing center outside the park entrance and when does it open relative to park opening? should i expect a big line to build up for processing saturday morning, or afternoon before fright fest? (trying to avoid that if possible).

thanks for help!

^^^Yes, and at that time they may be selling 2013 season passes where you get the rest of 2012 free which I think will just be $60 online or at the gate (but buy online it makes the process a ton smoother)

I'm not sure the hours but season pass processing is open before the park opens.

You can expect a big line, so I would call and ask SFMM to see when it opens to get to season pass processing somewhat near opening time.

thanks for help!

^^^Yes, and at that time they may be selling 2013 season passes where you get the rest of 2012 free which I think will just be $60 online or at the gate (but buy online it makes the process a ton smoother)

I'm not sure the hours but season pass processing is open before the park opens.

You can expect a big line, so I would call and ask SFMM to see when it opens to get to season pass processing somewhat near opening time.

Theyve gone up to $75 though

http://content.sixflags.com/magicmountain/tickets/seasonpass

^They usually come down in price towards the end of the year and go back up in price as the summer approaches.

Hmm..any guess when they will go down? I'm planning on getting one as well for a visit a week later..if the price may drop $15 between now and then I'll wait.

2013 passes will begin being sold on September 15th. This is when the price will drop back down to $61.99 or something similar.

awesome thanks. we live in Oregon and having those will give us an excuse to make a run to SFDK sometime in 2013

I like this idea from nolimitscoaster, even tho it may be far-fetched:

The creator is a flaming douchebag defender of Six Flags, dismissing Cedar Point...hahhaha!

LMAO thanks I've been called much worst and will probably be called more things before I leaves this earth so do you really think I care what the eff!!! you think HELL to the NO!!!

Edited by Gigalyte

If you buy at the park, use the receipt given to you at the ticket booth to get into the park. Then go back out of the park later in the day (6pm ish is usually good) and get your pass processed. Works like a charm every time.

our arrival day is the first FF saturday, so i'm assuming there will be a massive stream of people coming in around 6 PM

Woooo! I love Oregon!!! Go Ducks!!

Anyway, I'm starting to think I need to plan a NorCal-SoCal trip next year. The credits I need keep piling up! And speaking of season passes, hopefully next year I'll be needing one again.

So you're counting credits again.

Has SFMM actually said that they would be announcing their coaster on the 30th? Or are we all just assuming it's being announced with all of the other Six Flags announcements? I know the other parks in the chain are just now saying that they will be announcing a ride...

This is from Screamscape: "(7/30/12) According to the latest rumor going around, we can expect Six Flags to announce virtually all of their 2013 plans on the same day. Keep your eyes and ears open on August 30th." Screamscape Link

That's why everyone is assuming that SFMM will announce their new ride on the 30th. We'll see if they actually do.

The multi-announcement last year was pretty epic imo. I would love to see that again. It seems as though neither of the parks rumoured to be getting actual "coasters" next year (SFMM,SFFT) have weighed in on the August 30th date yet.

Are there any other parks in the chain hinting at a coaster addition?