TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I was there last Monday, and I found Viper to be one of my best rides all day. Colosus is also running very well. Goliath is still my favorite in the park. IMHO i thought X was the worst ride of the whole day. I got off it an thought to myself, "I will not shed a tear if I never ride it again."

Oh, and 5 flips on Green Lantern. Here's the trick, single rider line. Wait for a fat person (minimum 3 bills) with 2 small kids. Then sit next to the fat dude. We went up the lift facing straight down, and ended completely inverted. It was Insane!

Went for a little bit today but was way too frikin hot to stay there. Apocalypse was totally insane and rode Lex, hands up on the drop, awesome! Superman ran up when we were at the top of the tower, the rocking was very un nerving but extremely cool, loved it! Colossus had some good airtime and Scream! beat the crap out of me which was very surprising. Too hot to do anything else today, thank goodness for Slurpees!

scream really needs a new paint job and new wheels
It has for quite some time..it sure seems neglected..with some paint, wheels, and proper terrain it could be a real solid ride (after all it's almost identical to Medusa, which is an excellent ride)..wish they'd clean it up.

Got back from the park. It was really, REALLY empty, probably winter empty. Got there around 11:15 and walked on Goliath, Lex (no line whatsoever), Green Lantern, Batman, Scream, Colossus, and Riddlers Revenge. Then headed over to Superman (just right side running) and waited 20 minutes. Then went down to Tatsu and found a completely full queue and decided to wait. Only took 40 minutes to et though the entire queue and ride the ride! It was amazingly fast! Then walked on Apocalypse and Viper (which is one of my favorite coasters, really smooth and no head bumping whatsoever; I don't get how people think it hurts), and headed over to X2. X2's line was in the station only, so we rode twice. Then walked on Revolution, Ninja, and Goldrusher. Went over to Goliath and rode twice in a row in the back row without getting off then used single rider for Lex and walked on. Headed to Batman which was broken down (a B&M broken!?) so went to Superman instead. Waited 25 minutes for the left side (both sides were open now). Then headed out around 6PM (Tatsu's line was almost a walk up into the station).

And the sign by the old action theater has been there since at least June. Maybe even before that. But overall really really good day at the park, with some really good operations!

^When I rode Ninja today, it was quite nice! I liked it, not rough at all. But Goldrusher is getting rough to where I can't ride twice in a row. It is just really jerky.

Is it just me that Revolution, Viper, Ninja, Goldrusher, Scream, and Apocalypse have gotten rougher?!? Am I getting old? (i am 12 years old)

^^About Batman... i was about to get on batman after a 5 min wait. I got into the train, and waited for a few minutes with everyone else... Then we were told to get off the train, and we waited until the next train (they were running two trains). Meanwhile, the train we were supposed to go on went empty, and we went on the next train. This was on monday.

Oh, and 5 flips on Green Lantern. Here's the trick, single rider line. Wait for a fat person (minimum 3 bills) with 2 small kids. Then sit next to the fat dude. We went up the lift facing straight down, and ended completely inverted. It was Insane!

Is there any way to carve this post in stone and save it forever?

Green Lantern has been flipping a lot more lately, and it seems to be more luck than anything. It doesn't even have to be unbalanced to get a good ride. I have gotten many balanced rides with multiple flips. Actually sometimes when I get unbalanced rides, it won't flip as much. But they seem to be loosening it up quite a bit.

I saw that too when I was riding X2. I think it was about 2:30ish. But it seems that they are finally getting a handle on it. There hasn't been too much downtime lately. And it was quite interesting to watch it drop from half way.

I saw that too when I was riding X2. I think it was about 2:30ish. But it seems that they are finally getting a handle on it. There hasn't been too much downtime lately. And it was quite interesting to watch it drop from half way.

Yeah that's when I saw it.

Do you think making a drop tower that is more than 400 ft worth it, because you dont have that "drop feeling" anymore once your halfway down the ride?
Most of the people I've seen post about riding said that it's actually quite good, at least the first time because you reach that point where you feel like it should stop and it keeps going. I'm looking forward to it.

I was amazed when I rode Lex, because the drop was so long I actually did lose the falling sensation by the end. It seems the drop is almost too long if that makes any sense. Once I adjusted to the feeling of the free fall that awesome thrill level was completely gone. I was shocked that it happened that way. I really didn't expect it. I'm not going to hate on the ride at all for this, however, going any taller really would be unnecessary. If you are just aiming at bragging rights then go for it, but anything beyond Lex I'm thinking probably won't enhance the ride experience.

Heck if you decide to go higher it would actually benefit the thrill to add a brake half way down that grabs you and puts you at a crawl and then releases you into free fall again. That way you get the drop feeling two times on the way down.