TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Does it really matter if it's the permanent fixture version of the ride or not? The pieces look colorful and nice enough to me. The only people who are going to know any of this is enthusiasts, so why should the spend the extra money on somethings that won't even benefit them?

I like the idea too for the SlingShot. It fits the 'Thrill Capital" theme of SFMM well. I believe this will be placed in the Deja Vu area, the space is just large enough. Also, with the those extra purple beams (I count 6 per side, if you divide the colors), maybe this could be the tallest SlingShot? They do look new and wouldn't be surprised if they were specially made for SFMM...GO BIG!!

Seems to be a very similar "experience" that you would've have from Thrill Shot. Which didn't operate for a few years before being demolished(assuming it had numerous defects). Now MM is getting a modern sling shot ride, and because it's portable it's considered "ghetto".

Where is the logic? -_-

Scandia out in Ontario has a portable ride - the drop tower I think.. Didn't really pay much attention.

Anyway, my first thought was, well, that it's 'ghetto'. And Scandia is a MUCH smaller park, with a much smaller budget - and it's still cheesy to me.

For a big corporate park to install a portable ride that they'll pass off as a new attraction... yeah, not impressed.

Seems to be a very similar "experience" that you would've have from Thrill Shot. Which didn't operate for a few years before being demolished(assuming it had numerous defects). Now MM is getting a modern sling shot ride, and because it's portable it's considered "ghetto".

Where is the logic? -_-

Scandia out in Ontario has a portable ride - the drop tower I think.. Didn't really pay much attention.

Anyway, my first thought was, well, that it's 'ghetto'. And Scandia is a MUCH smaller park, with a much smaller budget - and it's still cheesy to me.

For a big corporate park to install a portable ride that they'll pass off as a new attraction... yeah, not impressed.

If you are not going to pay to ride it then why does it matter? So what if it's 'portable' parks do that all the time and if this is something the park can get for less money, make money on it as an upcharge, then easily move or remove it when the time comes can you really blame them? Do you not want the park to do things to try to save and make money so they can invest back into the park with new attractions and things? This kind of a ride will help with that in some way. Parks don't have to put in permanent rides so this idea that a portable ride is wrong is just lame. Besides, most people who will ride it, mainly the GP, won't know or care about that anyway and that is what is important- that people pay for and ride it.

Portable or not, who fucking cares- it doesn't matter at all and these complaints about it being portable are just.... whatever.

Some people just like to complain just to complain SFNE looks to have a similar portable model in the video I posted below and i've never heard any complaints about it, yet SFMM get's one and they may as well start having pig races and is just so ghetto

Where is the logic? -_-

If you are not going to pay to ride it then why does it matter? So what if it's 'portable' parks do that all the time and if this is something the park can get for less money, make money on it as an upcharge, then easily move or remove it when the time comes can you really blame them? Do you not want the park to do things to try to save and make money so they can invest back into the park with new attractions and things? This kind of a ride will help with that in some way. Parks don't have to put in permanent rides so this idea that a portable ride is wrong is just lame. Besides, most people who will ride it, mainly the GP, won't know or care about that anyway and that is what is important- that people pay for and ride it.

Portable or not, who fudging cares- it doesn't matter at all and these complaints about it being portable are just.... whatever.

Thank you. People will bash anything that's not coaster related here It will most likely sell to the GP, which is all that matters.

By the way, isn't Batman, RRE and GLFF portable as well?

^Because they probably don't want stupid GP comments on their page.

If that was the case wouldn't most of the SF FB pages do it? I know there are MANY stupid GP FB posts, but in todays age FB is how many companies communicate with their customers. They get good questions/ criticism (like say a park employee who did something that should be looked into) Complaints (like say food they got was undercooked and got them sick,) and questions for park goers who are visiting and wanting to know what to expect.) and so on...

You can still comment on photos, and plus if there was an issue like getting sick from the food it would make more sense to call the park, most of the things that people post on Magic Mountains wall is "Green Lanturn sux itz s00 stup1d itz a waist uv tim3" or something stupid and irrelevant haha