TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^If you are able to go at any time, go on a Sunday in the off season (between Labor Day and Easter, excluding holiday periods). I've rarely encounted a line longer than 20 minutes when visiting during this time, even for X2. The only downside to visiting is that you will see a lot of one-train operation and some rides may be closed.

Next time you visit, definitely ride X2. While I don't think it's the best ride there (my favorites are Apocalypse and Tatsu), it is a unique coaster and is definitely worth riding. If you've never done it, it's worth the line. Once you've ridden it, you can decide if you think it's worth waiting for again or not (for me, it's worth about a 75 minute wait if it's been more than a year since I last rode, and about 30 minutes otherwise, but I usually visit the park 2-4 times per year and ride almost everything every visit).

Apocalypse usually has a 30-40 minute line between noon and 4PM, but any time other than that it can be a walk on. Also, why didn't you go on X2?

(the park survey people are telling people to go to X2 around 4PM, spoiling our secret.)

I don't know if that's a "secret," but there are really so many tricks to getting around that park I don't really care that they tell other guests about it.

But it is really hilarious when you're on X2 after waiting basically no time at all and then you realize that there were suckers that waited three hours for it when the park opened. I just got back from the park right now and at around 5ish I walked right up to where the line splits for both sides. Music was blasting (on train 1) and the fire roaring. On top of that, inside seat at the front of the train = kick ass ride!

Wow. On Tuesday around 4:30 the line was through the big section of switchbacks and almost to the corner where you can see the entrance... Must have been emptier today. I'm heading down tomorrow and hoping that it will be similar to your experience.

Wow. On Tuesday around 4:30 the line was through the big section of switchbacks and almost to the corner where you can see the entrance... Must have been emptier today. I'm heading down tomorrow and hoping that it will be similar to your experience.

Yes, suprise for me as well. This is the only time this summer I have experienced that.

On the other hand, there were actually people in line for Green Lantern today (full queue). But I'm calling that a car came in upside down and they waited an ungodly amount of time for a mechanic to flip it over.

Yes, suprise for me as well. This is the only time this summer I have experienced that.

On the other hand, there were actually people in line for Green Lantern today (full queue). But I'm calling that a car came in upside down and they waited an ungodly amount of time for a mechanic to flip it over.

Really? When that happens on Insane the ride operatorss just run over and flip it in like 5 seconds

^I believe the reason the ride ops can't flip it is because they have to "be a trained mechanic" or some kind of certification they need in order to conform to safety standards. And as a result, only mechanics are permitted to enter the ride area a right the vehicles. They used to always have someone sitting there, but after the opening crowds died down I guess they stopped doing it...

Just got back from the park! Amazing day and I had a great first experience with LLDOD. Longest wait all day was around 40 mins for X. Everything else was minimal to walk on. I rode Lex on both sides and ended up favoring the "2" Side (Facing Goliath). Both times I rode SEFK was running and the sway was amazing. Truely a great ride and totally re ride-able. I also loved the queue! . I participated in a pre opening trivia game and was asked what year was Batman opened? I answered 1994. When it was almost my turn to get asked another question time ran out and I lost a BO1 Rock,Paper, Scissors duel . Oh well

What about that new coaster SFMM is supposed to be getting? "Full Throttle" Am I right? Any news on that?

I wonder if this will be the name of the sling shot? I hope not, I'd like to see a lsm/lim launch coaster that hugs the mountains layout, and a GIANT loop would be the icing on the cake.

What about that new coaster SFMM is supposed to be getting? "Full Throttle" Am I right? Any news on that?

I wonder if this will be the name of the sling shot? I hope not, I'd like to see a lsm/lim launch coaster that hugs the mountains layout, and a GIANT loop would be the icing on the cake.

It could still be both.....nobody knows.

I rode Green Lantern for my first time a few weeks ago. The flipping was minimal until the very end until we got what felt like 3 flips in, and we entered the station upside down. We didn't wait any more than 45 seconds or so until we were slowly flipped 90 degrees, then a brief break then the last 90 degrees. I don't believe there was a mechanic there or somebody flipping the car, but I could be wrong.

Just got back from the park! Amazing day and I had a great first experience with LLDOD. Longest wait all day was around 40 mins for X. Everything else was minimal to walk on. I rode Lex on both sides and ended up favoring the "2" Side (Facing Goliath). Both times I rode SEFK was running and the sway was amazing. Truely a great ride and totally re ride-able. I also loved the queue! . I participated in a pre opening trivia game and was asked what year was Batman opened? I answered 1994. When it was almost my turn to get asked another question time ran out and I lost a BO1 Rock,Paper, Scissors duel . Oh well

I was there too! I must've seen you! When I heard the Batman question, I was thinking "they aren't going to get that right!" and then I was surprised when you did.

And it seems SEFK is only going to run 1 side on weekdays now. Yesterday they were just running the right side and the line was to the entrance by 11:45.

I was there too! I must've seen you! When I heard the Batman question, I was thinking "they aren't going to get that right!" and then I was surprised when you did.

And it seems SEFK is only going to run 1 side on weekdays now. Yesterday they were just running the right side and the line was to the entrance by 11:45.

Haha yeah that was me in the grey shirt, and yeah the line was quite long for SEFK all day :\.

Woohoo I am heading to the park this Thursday, the 26th for the first time since bash! Pumped to finally ride lex! I'm taking a very good friend of mine that I believe has only been on x2 a few times, and we went on green lantern once when we were there last season (neither of us were feeling well that day so we didn't end up riding a whole lot).

So I am planning on going for a full day, open-close with a break in the middle for hurricane harbor. Now neither of us have been to HH before so I would appreciate some recommendations and tips on what slides to be sure to go on and which ones are skippable? Or should we be able to do most of them in say 3 hours on a Thursday afternoon?.

Also, a shout out to anyone who has tricks up their sleeve to make the most out of a Thursday at this time of the season (Pm's are welcome). I really want to start the day with LLDOD, but after that I dunno, and later in the day we'll probably re-ride LLDOD via the single rider line, but for our first ride on it we wanna do it together. Also maybe 2 rides on x2? Like I said any tips/ideas are welcome. I hate to be another guy asking this kind of thing in this thread, I know it can be annoying, but I'm just not sure what to expect for crowd disbursement sith LLDOD now and also throwing in hurricane harbor somehow in the day is a first as well (what hours would be best to do this?)

Thanks again.

^ Well, I don't know if you should do Lex first, because on Tuesday it opened an hour late and more people still go to X2. In my opinion, you should run to X2 as fast as you can and try to be one of the first people on. Then head up to Tatsu, keeping a quick pace and get a short line. After Tatsu, head to Superman and get on that. Then head down to Lex Luthor. Yesterday it had a 25-30 minute wait all day, which isn't a big deal (X2 was almost an hour all day). Then head over to Goliath. It should be about 1:30 or a little earlier then. Head over to Hurricane Harbor. I don't go to HH often so ask someone else about the best slides. Whenever you finish at HH, head back and hit up X2 again. After that, go in any order you like to ride anything else. That is how I usually go through the park.

I usually make X2 the first or last ride of the visit then just go around the park in either direction hitting rides as I come to them. Tatsu is awesome at night and sometimes if the line isn't too bad ill hit that then other times ill just check the line from time to time to see what the wait is. Flash passes do help though if you can justify the expense. On most of the rides I come across if the wait is too long I will just skip it and do something else then come back to it later.

^But he also wants to do HH. No matter what day I go, I can be done with all major coasters by 2:30 PM. If you go as fast as you can in this order:

X2

Tatsu

Superman

Apocalypse

Riddler's Revevnge

Green Lamtern

Batman

Lex Luthor

Colossus

Scream

Goliath

Don't go near the parks today, they are PACKED!!! Over flow parking is full, they are now parking cars across feedmill in the small dirt lots with still a line at the toll gate. Saw Bonnie out by the ticket booths, they looked flustered. I believe today was one of the free friend Sundays, so I believe that is what is driving in the crowds.