TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ I would imagine Thrill Shot's former area would be where they would put a new upcharge, unless it will be too large (i assume they come in different sizes-what is the biggest version of this particular upcharge btw?)

^I didn't take any pictures. As far as I could see it's decal, but it could be wrap-I honestly wouldn't know the difference really (and admittedly wouldn't care to), but it did make the train look a little more interesting. Colossus also had something similar for The Great Escape.

That's ok dude just wanted to know if we are seeing the return of train wrapping.

Probably just for the summer. And I apologize if my reply was a little uncalled for.

I'm just saying that Six Flags Magic Mountain really hasn't confirmed or denied anything yet. They could just be trying to make a little bit of cash by renting out the site for someone to store the parts on.

I'm just saying that Six Flags Magic Mountain really hasn't confirmed or denied anything yet. They could just be trying to make a little bit of cash by renting out the site for someone to store the parts on.

Thank you! I knew someone else could agree with me on that!

^ I would imagine Thrill Shot's former area would be where they would put a new upcharge, unless it will be too large (i assume they come in different sizes-what is the biggest version of this particular upcharge btw?)

Yeah I'm not familiar with sling shot attractions so I'm not sure of the sizes they come in. If I'm right Intamin has never made one of these before....?

Was at the park yesterday, Scream & Viper had one train ops....slow lines. Every other line seemed to move very quickly. Lex Luthor (the side facing DC Universe) continued to get stuck at the top while the other side dropped. It was constantly down throughout the day......Superman only had the left side running, hour and 1/2 wait with NO air in the queue line at all it was hot and smelled like BO. Other than that....no long lines, operations were good, fun day!

^That's too bad about Lex and Superman, last Tuesday the AC in the line for Superman was on full blast! Also, it seems like the park doesn't want to race the two sides of Superman, because last time I was there, they had the opportunity to run both sides at once coincidentally, but opted to send one side and wait until it was coming back to send the other side.

Apocalypse has some new decals on the trains promoting the sci-fi show Falling Skies on TNT. They also had some ads for the show along the walls of the line with a graffiti-esque look. I've never cared for the show myself, but I thought the advertising at the park was worth mentioning.

those ads have been there for a really long time i'm surprised they're still there!

Uh, yeah - just because supports are on site doesn't mean that Six Flags Magic Mountain will or will not actually do anything with them...

why else would supports be there, for decoration? lol

Kinda wish they could re-theme Apocalypse to Falling Skies. The people in that show move trough tunnels a lot anyway, right?

Ain't going to happen I know. Somewhat surprised the show got renewed for it's 2nd season too.

Superman only had the left side running, hour and 1/2 wait with NO air in the queue line at all it was hot and smelled like BO.

I went on superman on opening day for ll:dod and it was horrible in there, normally the air is running but it was so hot and it smelled horrible, i really hope they start running the a/c in there

Made a trip yesterday. Had nothing but bad luck! Day started getting stuck on the orient express for 20 mins. Then on to Green Lantern that broke down 3 times while we waited in line. and to finish off the night we got stuck on Tatsu not once but twice! Tons of fun.

As for the parts on the side of Apocalypse, nothing new there.

I was there today too. Still no air in Superman's queue, one train on Viper, and Lex didn't open til 11:30. Didn't break all day though. The music timing was way off at the top though. It would already be half way through the speech when we got to the top.

^ of the outside. They didn't let us inside until 11:15. Also, Roaring Rapids was closed all day and Goliath had a 'major' technical issue that caused everyone to be forced to leave the line. It lasted about 2 hours.