TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm still finding it tough to believe that I discovered a ride.

Anyways, now that there are some better pictures I am going to have to agree with Guy. These don't look as if these are for Magic Mountain.

I did leave out some info from yesterday though. I forgot to mention that I spotted some support joints (2-3) yesterday behind Tornado but I figured they were for Lex because they were Superman Blue. But then I thought to myself after I left.."Lex is already open stupid". The joints were Superman Blue and fairly large. They were located in between the pool for Tornado and the stairs going up to the beginning of the ride. They are the most visible from the stairs leading up to the ride.

Something for HH... but what type of water rides uses square A-frame supports??? I don't see any on Wildebeast or Mammoth nor do I see any on the aqua loops or water slides in general.

I also agree with Manic Monte isn't it a bit late to just now be constructing something for the water park? or even way early to be getting pieces for a ride that's going to HH for 2013

These pieces are really for nothing. Its all part of Bonnie's evil plan to get back at everybody for the nickname.... she figures she can screw with everybody this way, having them frantically speculating for months on what they could be for... only to find out it was all for nothing.

^ Here is what the ladder looks like in the middle of SkyScreamer!

And after looking at my SkyScreamer pictures at Fiesta Texas of the supports/construction. These supports here at SFMM are not for a SkyScreamer!

191.thumb.jpg.c570048f082ee57c64558940ccba4eaf.jpg

194.thumb.jpg.846f6e05bab4d0282193084fe3ec8cce.jpg

These pictures are just sitting in my mind. The more I think about it, the more I think that they are not Intamin! They have the right colors for a Sky Screamer, but why would they put one here if they are putting in Full Throttle? What if they delayed FT until 2014?

I mean, we still haven't heard the announcement for FT. Not to say that it's too late, but, everyone was expecting an early July reveal! I swear SFMM just put these there to mess with us...

And after looking at my SkyScreamer pictures at Fiesta Texas of the supports/construction. These supports here at SFMM are not for a SkyScreamer!

so you think its for SFHH?

so you think its for SFHH?

I never seen a water slide with these "square shaped" supports, they're all cylindrical. So, if it not a Sky Screamer or a water slide, then what is it?

These pictures are just sitting in my mind. The more I think about it, the more I think that they are not Intamin! They have the right colors for a Sky Screamer, but why would they put one here if they are putting in Full Throttle? What if they delayed FT until 2014?

I mean, we still haven't heard the announcement for FT. Not to say that it's too late, but, everyone was expecting an early July reveal! I swear SFMM just put these there to mess with us...

Don't want to start a bad rumor or anything but i figured I'd mention this.

During media day for lldod I spoke with an employee of a major manufacturer as well as a park employee. The park employee didn't really give much info. However, had a nice chat with the manufacturer employee and he said that there was an issue with parts. That SFMM was waiting on support parts and there was a delay.

Take it how you want to. He could have been bsing me but he seemed real genuine.

During media day for lldod I spoke with an employee of a major manufacturer as well as a park employee. The park employee didn't really give much info. However, had a nice chat with the manufacturer employee and he said that there was an issue with parts. That SFMM was waiting on support parts and there was a delay.

Take it how you want to. He could have been bsing me but he seemed real genuine.

would He be referring to parts for "full throttle"? and thats why they have not announced it yet?

would He be referring to parts for "full throttle"? and thats why they have not announced it yet?

Yes sorry for not being clear. I asked about the rumored "full throttle".

Yes sorry for not being clear. I asked about the rumored "full throttle".

Was there anything else that your "source" said? And he means that the Full Throttle supports were delayed, correct?

Was there anything else that your "source" said? And he means that the Full Throttle supports were delayed, correct?

Honestly not too much. I just brought up what I had previously read about "full throttle" to him to see if I could get any info out of him. Didn't want to be too pushy. He did confirm that it was a launched coaster tho. The most informative news he gave was unfortunately the delay.

One big reason i don't think this is a sky screamer is the big colorfull supports, with the bolt attachments on the ends. If those were indeed for a tower ride, those bolt supports that jet out would get in the way of the gondola going up and down the tower.

One big reason i don't think this is a sky screamer is the big colorfull supports, with the bolt attachments on the ends. If those were indeed for a tower ride, those bolt supports that jet out would get in the way of the gondola going up and down the tower.

So then the 'ladders' could be for access to high points of the track such as the tops of hills or a MCBR?

So TSM your saying without actually saying lol that you talked to someone from Intamin? they would most likely be the only major ride manufacturer to show up to the media day/ opening of Lex Luther, since it is their ride. They told you a complete stranger that is not even a higher up at SFMM or even in the SF chain that a major project has been delayed b/c of a support issue.

Unless every support came out wrong that's the only way I could see them delaying the announcement b/c there wouldn't be one. The entire project would have to be delayed to fix all of the supports or permanently cancelled b/c who would want to continue working with someone and drop millions of dollars and they can't even get the supports right especially someone that's been in the business as long as Intamin or even Premier that would be a huge mistake.

Just b/c SFMM hasn't announced FT doesn't mean there is a problem SFMM/SF announced all their rides last year on Sept. 1st I believe, this early announcement was never set in stone far as I know and the big announcement that was suppose to drop on Jun. 27th was Lex Luther related and didn't go off as planed b/c of the delay.

Lol yea that's what I'm saying. Like I said in the original post take it how youd like to. Im just sharing what was told to me. Like I said for all I know he could have been bsing me. What it comes down to is I'm just relaying what I was told.